SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : sport car

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread
Gloryandgrace

Snoqualmie, WA

Re:

Hi Fletcher: Please feel free to use anything I said ( good or bad) to help someone else.

2017/11/17 13:46Profile

Re:

" By the way, my shepherd is Jesus Christ, when he ministers to me through the spirit."

Bill I believe I was saying that when I said that our walk with Christ is ••relational••. That is relational to Jesus. And not ••regulational••. That is in relation to an external code.

I think you have me confused with somebody else. I'm not the one setting the external standards of what type of car one should drive or whether they should return to their former spouse after being divorced or wear a head covering.

From my understanding of the New Testament we listen to the Holy Spirit and do what He says.

Hope this clarifies what I'm attemoting to communicate.

Blaine

2017/11/17 13:48
Gloryandgrace

Snoqualmie, WA

Re:

Hi guys/gals.

I am the one who started with a post using sarcasm to make my point. If that caused a stumble, it was not my intention. What I wanted to convey is this text.
Joh_7:24 Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.
Instead of just toss the text forward as a kind of a slap to Evangeline, I wanted to employ a bit of sarcasm to clarify what it means to judge according to appearance.
My intent was to show that when we deviate from the wisdom of God here, carnal reasoning jumps in and will rationalize everything from poverty to G-5 planes.
I was hoping that instead of just text-dumping on her or anyone else...I attempted to open up what it becomes when carnal rationalizing begins.

As things progressed I wanted to have fun with this thread...but it may have been misinterpreted as a mocking gesture, I did not seek to demean Evangeline by my humor.

What Travis and many others have to say on the subject seems to clarify three important aspects of godly Christian living. 1. Seek first the kingdom of God. 2. Judge not according to appearances. 3. Legalism in all its forms betrays a spirit that depends upon other things for their justification in the sight of God.

For me, this thread was edifying and I believe the Spirit of God spoke clearly to instruct us all.

2017/11/17 14:08Profile
proudpapa

Re:

In my area we have about 300 families of an Amish cult moving in. they are to pious to drive a 1 or 2 thousand dollar vehicle. Instead they are holding up traffic all over the place driving $50,000 plus tractors as daily transportation.

2017/11/17 14:16Profile

Re:

""In my area we have about 300 families of an Amish cult moving in. they are to pious to drive a 1 or 2 thousand dollar vehicle. Instead they are holding up traffic all over the place driving $50,000 plus tractors as daily transportation.""

Such is the absurdity and hypocrissy of legalism.

Blaine

2017/11/17 14:32
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Re:

God has been working this revelation in me as well. For many years I accepted that I was saved by grace, but then I tried to live my life through performance. I was always falling short and not measuring up in my own mind. I think it has just been in the past six months that God has been showing me what His love and grace is really about. It has been transforming my life. I am now beginning to live my entire life out of this revelation, and it is giving me renewed power in my life to live in victory in every area of life. I am realizing that because of God's love and grace toward me that I never have to have another bad day. He has given me joy and peace in all situations. I never have to give in to any temptation again. I never have to entertain thoughts that are contrary to His word. He has given me victory over that. He has set me free. His grace teaches me to live in victory. His empowerment is complete. Praise God, I have been set free. What my own effort could never produce, His power amply provides.

2017/11/17 15:17Profile

Re:

Travis writes...

""He has set me free. His grace teaches me to live in victory. His empowerment is complete. Praise God, I have been set free. What my own effort could never produce, His power amply provides.""

••• For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation to all men, instructing us to deny ungodliness and worldly desires and to live sensibly, righteously and godly in this present age, looking for the blessed hope and the appearing of the glory of our great God and savior, Christ Jesus, and gave Himself for us to redeem us from every lawless deed, and to putify for Himself a people for His own possession, zealous for good deeds.••• Titus 2:11-14

To which I give a hearty ANEN and AMEN!!! We do not need an external code of righteousness when we have the internal all prevailing righteousness of Jesus working in our hearts. Now that is the amazing grace of God!!!

Blaine

2017/11/17 16:02
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Mr. Bear sorry if you felt like I was addressing you, I hadn’t even read your post when I posted, so no didn’t get you mixed up with anyone. I hope you don’t start taking everything I say in the same thread we both participate in, personal.

Edit: Just read all Mr. Bears posts on this thread, guess I see now why he might have thought I was addressing him, nope just addressing myself. :-)

2017/11/17 16:04Profile

Re:

I wasn’t going to post anything, but after reading some of the sound things Mr Bill, Blaine, Todd, Travis , and others have brought to the table....it’s really made me think. This may not directly apply to this thread, but in a sense it does.

I had the opportunity to talk to a few women recently who have gone through the same struggles of wanting to obey God and win His approval so much so...they would do anything short of driving themselves crazy to be perfect....because we weren’t meant to carry a heavy yoke.

The women I talked to hit the nail on the head with something I didn’t realize. Each of us had come out of a very abusive past. As children, we all suffered horrific abuse....unthinkable abuse, therefore tainting our view of a loving Savior. What was interesting, each of us have looked for hard, strict teaching...looking at all the negatives in scripture as more important than the scriptures on grace and mercy., and somehow, we would get caught up in the most legalistic teaching possible....then end up feeling torment because we could never live up to that kind of perfection no matter how hard we would try.

Someone on this thread stated that one cannot earn the love of God. You can’t earn His approval by trying to be perfect. As one brother put it, it is most definitely a heart issue. I almost left my family to do what I sincerely thought was the correct thing. It would have ripped out their hearts, possibly would have caused bitterness, etc... is that the way God works? Jesus knows our hearts better than anyone. Not only was my vehicle unsafe to drive....

My oldest son, 29, has high functioning autism, stopped me from leaving, bawling his eyes out, screaming at me, shaking like a leaf, begging me not to go because he was so afraid I was going to get killed. He went out of his way to empty his bedroom, so I could move in and take his place. By leaving and doing what “I” thought Jesus would be pleased with, would have crushed my son to the point of doubting Jesus altogether. Think about that! Anyone who knows about autistic people, understands.

True repentance....asking forgiveness, confessing sin, and never going that direction again.

It all boils down to a heart issue....1 Corinthians 13 clearly states that.

It’s not what we wear. Modesty, yes! It’s not what we drive, it’s not the house we live in...it’s a matter of the heart. A woman can wear the longest dress, covering every part of her skin, wear a complete hair covering, and a man can easily look at her and be tempted the same as if her dress went to the knees. Deep in her heart she can have secret thoughts no one knows except God. Man or woman can look holy outwardly, but inwardly be full of dead bones.

I’m so tired of the merry go round....tired of trying to be as perfect as I can to please God. Jesus said you will know these are my disciples because of their love one for another, and by their fruits. Only Jesus can....not I, only Jesus living in me.

2017/11/17 17:08

Re: Sherri

Sherri I rrad your post and tears cane to my eyes. Sister you don't know how much I have been praying that God would reach out to you. Praise God by your post it looks like He did reach out to you and spared you for making a tragic mistake.

Dear sister knuw, please know, that you have been bought with a price and redeemed by the blood of Jesus. Please know that nothing will ever separate you from His love. Even your sin can never separate you from the love of Jesus. The redemotive heart of Christ is about restoration. No matter what we have done in the past. His gospel will always restore the years that the Locust have eaten.

My sister your post brings tears of joy. Even as I dictate this tears come to my eyes that you have found the grace of Jesus. His grace which continually affirms that you are ever loved by Him. Even when you screw up as we all do. He still loves you. And yes. Only in him can you truly live out the reality of the righteousness He works in your heart. For truly righteousness is an internal matter of the heart. A righteousness that only Jesus can work out as we live in him.

Bro Blaine

2017/11/17 17:33

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy