Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Tragedy in Texas

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread

Tragedy in Texas

Official says more than 20 killed, 20 wounded in Texas mass shooting

POSTED: NOV 05 2017 01:09PM CST
UPDATED: NOV 05 2017 02:16PM CST
SUTHERLAND SPRINGS, Texas (AP/WTXF) -- A County Commissioner in Texas says he's been told that more than 20 people were killed and more than 20 were wounded in an attack at a church, though he says those figures haven't been confirmed.

Albert Gamez, a Wilson County commissioner, made the comments to cable news outlets after the attack Sunday at a Baptist church in Sutherland Springs, a small community 30 miles southeast of San Antonio.

It was not immediately clear if the church was holding services at the time of the shooting or who carried out the attack.

A sheriff's department dispatcher said everyone was at the scene and unavailable to comment.

First responders converged on the church in the small town southeast of San Antonio and helicopters are taking victims to hospitals.

Texas Governor Greg Abbott tweeted shortly after the incident was reported: “Our prayers are with all who were harmed by this evil act. Our thanks to law enforcement for their response. More details from DPS soon.”

2017/11/5 15:29

Re: Tragedy in Texas

Brethren we are praying into this tragedy. If you are so led please come and join us. Number and and access code are below.

712.775.7035........281207#

Bro Blaine

2017/11/5 16:18

:' (

:' (

2017/11/5 17:05
staff

Re: :' (

Hi Really sad news out of Texas,Thoughts and prayers are with the families urs staff

2017/11/5 20:05Profile
SherlockA

Re:

Our sympathy and prayers to our Brethrens...

2017/11/5 22:21Profile

Re:

May God's everloving mercy and grace be on those impacted by this terrible tragedy. My heart is so numb this morning. But I wonder how many more of these tragic stories we will be reading in the days to come.

God have mercy on us. The American church Must wake up. :(:(:( Please let us remember these precious souls in our prayers.:(:(:(

Bro Blaine

2017/11/6 5:31

Re:

This statement best sums up this heart wrenching tragrdy...

Jim Richards, executive director of the Southern Baptists of Texas told Fox News: “This tragedy is just incomprehensible.”

“They’re wanting to see lives transformed. And just to have such a demonic attack. It is a spiritual war we’re involved in.”

“The motive is irrelevant,” he continued. “It is evil. We live in a fallen world. All of us have a propensity toward evil …”

“Only by a personal relationship with Christ can we have the power to overcome evil in our lives. … The root of it comes from the very depths of evil, and it is demonic. … This will not stop the gospel of Christ.”

Blaine

2017/11/6 5:48
Jeremy221

Re: Over 20 Killled in Texas Church Shooting

Is this close to the area where Leonard Ravenhill and Keith Green were located?

2017/11/6 6:06Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

Weep and Mourn and Call for the Watchmen

For some unknown reason, a man named Devin Patrick Kelley went to Sutherland Springs, TX, yesterday and opened fire on a church service at the First Baptist Church. He killed 26 people, including children and the pastor’s own daughter. About 20 additional congregants were wounded. This was the largest church shooting in our history, as far as we know. This happened in a tiny Texas town with about 400 residents. About 50 people attended a typical service at the church, which means almost all of them were involved. Chances are that every family in and around the town was touched by this tragedy. So many families are in pain today. We refuse to accept this type of violence as a new normal for this nation. We won’t accept attacks on our schools, houses of worship, neighborhoods or events. We will watch and we will pray.

“For this is what the sovereign master has told me: ‘Go, post a guard! He must report what he sees. When he sees chariots, teams of horses, riders on donkeys, riders on camels, he must be alert, very alert.’ Then the guard cries out: ‘On the watchtower, O sovereign master, I stand all day long; at my post I am stationed every night.’” (Isaiah 21:6-8; NET)

Give Him 15 minutes in prayer:

Weep with those who weep today. Let compassion drive your prayers.
Ask God to comfort the many family members and friends who have been affected by this tragedy.
Declare that the full explanation of this situation will be known.
Declare that the Believers in America will not give this nation over to the strategies of the enemy to cause fear and destruction.
Tell the Lord that you are willing to be a watchman, watching with Him over your city.
A prayer you can pray:

Father, my heart is breaking for the situation that occurred at the First Baptist Church in Sutherland, TX, yesterday. Comfort those who are mourning and in pain. We have had too many of these types of large-scale shootings lately. All the reasons seem different, but we know who is ultimately behind them all – Satan, our ancient foe. Lord, pull the curtains back on the full truth! We declare that we Christians will take their places as watchman over our realms of influence – our cities, schools, neighborhoods. I am signing up to be a watchman, watching with You, Jesus. Show me things I need to see. Amen.

Today’s decree:

I will stand all day long at my post and will not abandon the post You station me at through the night.

From “Give Him 15” Devotional

2017/11/6 8:32Profile

Re:

"Is this close to the area where Leonard Ravenhill and Keith Green were located?"

To the best of my knowledge Leonard Ravenhill and Keith Green were located in northeastern Texas. This tragedy occurred in south Texas outside of San Antonio.

Blaine

2017/11/6 8:41

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy