SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : fashionista sister

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread

fashionista sister

I've noticed there are sisters in Jesus Christ that are "fashionista"...

I prefer to fellowship with sister in Christ who has meek and quiet spirit and someone who is set apart from the world...

2017/10/31 17:23
TMK

NC, USA

Re: fashionista sister

Perhaps those who are not meek and not separated from the world need your fellowship.

While Jesus was having dinner at Levi’s house, many tax collectors and sinners were eating with him and his disciples, for there were many who followed him. When the teachers of the law who were Pharisees saw him eating with the sinners and tax collectors, they asked his disciples: “Why does he eat with tax collectors and sinners?” On hearing this, Jesus said to them, “It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners.”
Mark 2:15-17

2017/10/31 18:31Profile
savannah

Re: fashionista sister vs Godly companions

I'd highly recommend you give this brief article a reading;

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/articles/index.php?view=article&aid=697

After you have read it, pray and ask the Holy Lord Jesus and His Holy Spirit shall direct you.

I do think you're headed in the right direction.

Give no place to that counsel which would cause compromise in your own life. Eve listened to that counsel for 1 second too long. She should have done what we are told to do, "avoid!"

Evangelism and fellowship are two different species!

Don't be deceived!

Note: Read Titus 2 and see the example the older women are to set for the younger. Find some women like them, and make them your companions.

Mark 2:15-17 - - - - does not address your question, but...
1 John 2:15-17 - - - does.

2017/10/31 19:09Profile

what best thing to do?

what is the better thing to do then, Brother? that I am to be boldly honest with them that being fashionista is not biblical?

what if they take it as an offense?

I thought as a follower of Christ, they ought to know how to conduct oneself in biblical womanhood?

or I noticed that these fashionista sisters are trying to fit in just like the world?

how we agreed with deeply same like minded fellowship if this one basic fashionista thing they will take as an offense?

2017/10/31 19:12

Mark 2:15-17

The Mark 2:15-17 when Jesus dined with sinners was Jesus Christ was proclaiming the Gospel to people "needs to be change and transform" yet...

But this fashionista sister already "claimed" to be followers of Christ, and "should" know what the Bible said about biblical womanhood...

2017/10/31 19:18

clown...

I've watched this video of a sister in Christ that she was defending herself from painting make-up herself like a clown...

She cannot go the narrow way to accept her natural look and be set apart from the worldly conduct of worldly women...

And if I tell her that transforming her face into a clown is not biblical, then I will have a great enemy...

2017/10/31 19:23
TMK

NC, USA

Re: what best thing to do?

There’s always a convent!

You can fellowship with these women and not love the world. Red herring.

How can you love these fellow believers by shunning them? You will never earn the right to speak into their lives if you treat them like dirt.

2017/10/31 19:23Profile

what?

In what way I treated them like dirt?

God knows I did not treated these fashionista sisters like dirt...

I am not bold to tell them that what they do is not biblical in the first place...

I do not want this to turn into debate/argument like what thread in sermonindex usually are....

2017/10/31 19:32
savannah

Re: what?

Emestiu,

Please do not heed neither those men nor women who have been feminized by the American culture.

Please don't take to heart that counsel which is not from above.

When you begin to hear insults and accusations thrust at you, know that you must cease hearing such ignorant compromising feministic philosophy trying to pass itself off as wisdom from above.

The convent remark reveals the heart behind it. There are those who mock and make jest at those who would please God by pursuing holiness of life. Avoid them! They are in need of a sharp rebuke. God Himself will deal with them in due time.

2017/10/31 19:45Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re: what?

Evangeline-

Read carefully. I did not say YOU were treating them like dirt. Shunning a fellow believer because they are less mature is treating them like dirt.

The convent remark was a rhetorical statement- that means it was not meant to be taken 100% seriously. It was not even directed at you.

The idea that we should shun fellowship with other believers who may be less “spiritual” than ourselves is foreign to the NT and quite frankly is sinning.

34 “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. 35 By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.”
John 13:34-35

2017/10/31 20:25Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy