SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Resurrection:

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 )
PosterThread
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re:

John 6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life

John 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Romans 12:1 And so, dear brothers and sisters, I plead with you to give your bodies to God because of all he has done for you. Let them be a living and holy sacrifice--the kind he will find acceptable. This is truly the way to worship him.

And so how do we “die daily” / “reckon ourselves dead”....?
Jesus gives us an excellent example;
Luke 22:42b “not my will, but thine, be done.”

So to be “born of God” = “God is a spirit” = “you must be born of the Spirit” = “born of the incorruptible seed/Word of God” = “Word is spirit and life” =
“he who receives the spirit, receives life” = “my words are life”

So the Word of God (both logos & remha) the Spirit of God and the eternal life (gift) of God are used interchangeably....

So being born “of”Christ/Word and to live “in” Christ/Word is to be conformed “to” Christ/Word ...

2017/10/30 9:04Profile
Elibeth

Re:

Re:
"Galatians 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me."
~~~~~~~~~~
Philip,..can we go over this Scripture just a little that you gave ?
......: and the life that I NOW live in the flesh I live by 'the faith'
of The Son of God,..."

But what was 'the faith' of God' Son, Jesus?
The faith of Jesus,as I see it was, ..through being full of 'grace' ,Jesus was intently listening to the voice of The Father, and obeying.( God' Devine effluence was great upon Him: (Grace)

Shouldn't we really need to look back at the Word 'faith' and see how it is used in The Word,.....God' true intention of that Word ?......to see if possibly time an tradition has really changed it's true meaning ?

And,..looking at Abraham's faith,...
He heard the voice of God, 'believed' God and, no matter how hard was that Word given to him,..he obeyed.

Re: you ask: ,
" What must we be born again of?"

1Pet.1:23,
"Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by 'The Word of God' , which liveth and abideth for ever."

We are called by His 'grace' ..and we come to Him,...

....and we are 'born again' of 'the water' and of 'The Spirit', God planted His Seed within us....The Spirit / Word of God.
That Seed, as we know, is a good Seed, ....Alive, it is planted in
this earth [ly] vessel, to come up and to grow, more of 'The like plant' ,which are formed after Christ' likeness. ( that is what it is meant to do)

Be assured, when I talk about 'Grace' ,I am not talking about 'the law',...looking at the written law,and going about to try to 'do' it,..

Rom.
And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work."

....but it is the work that grace came to do in us....( The Devine influence
upon the heart, ...to let us know what the will of the Spirit of God wants us to do, and to provide the power / strength to obey)

****as Paul said,
Phil.3:10-11,
"That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;
11 'If by any means I might attain' unto 'the resurrection' of the dead."

I do hope this is helpful,🛐
I sometimes don't make myself very clear.

-------------------
elizabeth

2017/10/30 10:40Profile
Elibeth

Re:

Bro Fletcher,

I SO appreciate The Word...
Excellent!

The praises be to God-

----------------
elizabeth

2017/10/30 10:50Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Elizabeth wrote this:

"""
But what was 'the faith' of God' Son, Jesus?
The faith of Jesus,as I see it was, ..through being full of 'grace' ,Jesus was intently listening to the voice of The Father, and obeying.( God' Devine effluence was great upon Him: (Grace)

Shouldn't we really need to look back at the Word 'faith' and see how it is used in The Word,.....God' true intention of that Word ?......to see if possibly time an tradition has really changed it's true meaning ?

And,..looking at Abraham's faith,...
He heard the voice of God, 'believed' God and, no matter how hard was that Word given to him,..he obeyed."""

What a great question. I have always wondered what the difference in Abrahams accounted righteousness and the "made righteous by the Faith of Christ".

Well here is what came to me in answer to your question.

Abraham believed God, It was accounted to him as righteousness.

The righteousness of God is now in me, by the Christ that is in me and He has been made my righteousness. Now God speaks to me by His Son that is in me. It is no longer my believing God, of which I do, but it is the Christ in me that makes me righteous. I have been made by the Christ that is in me; 1 Corinthians 1:3-10 Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ. I thank my God always on your behalf, for the grace of God which is given you by Jesus Christ; That in every thing ye are enriched by him, in all utterance, and in all knowledge; Even as the testimony of Christ was confirmed in you: So that ye come behind in no gift; waiting for the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ: Who shall also confirm you unto the end, that ye may be blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ. God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord. Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.

It is now Christ in me that makes me righteous, it is not accounted to me for righteousness, but is made righteousness in me by God the Father.

1 Corinthians 1:30-31 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption: That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.
Amen and Amen

My glory is now in Christ Jesus that is in me. Colossians 1:27-29 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus: Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily.

God now speaks to me through and by His Son that is in me.

Hebrews 1:2-3 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds; Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

Accounted righteous

Made righteous. Wow!

Thank you Elizabeth. There is a difference in the faith of Abraham and the Faith of Christ in me.

In Christ: Phillip

2017/10/30 16:24Profile
Elibeth

Re:

Re: ..you said,..

"Abraham believed God, It was accounted to him as righteousness."

Dear bro.
Let us think about something,..
Abraham's faith / believing was accounted to him for righteousness....TRUE,....BECAUSE he obeyed God......His hearing God and obeying....did the will of God.

..Paul,..is he not a good example of ..'faith'...' believe' [d] ?

(He stands on trial before King Agrippa)
Act 26 ,
6 And now I stand and am judged for the hope of the promise made of God unto our fathers:
7 Unto which promise our twelve tribes, instantly serving God day and night, hope to come. For which hope's sake, king Agrippa, I am accused of the Jews.

8 Why should it be thought a thing incredible with you, 'that God should raise the dead?'.......

(me: I believe he is talking of resurrection Life)

9 ¶ I verily thought with myself, that I ought to do many things contrary to 'the name' of Jesus of Nazareth.

(me: contrary to 'the NAME' of Jesus,..and His Name is called,The Word of God)

(Jesus says to Paul,I am Jesus,and He tell Paul what He is sending him to do:.....)

18 "To open their eyes, and to turn them 'from darkness to light', and 'from' the power of Satan unto --------> God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are 'sanctified by faith' that is in me."

(Me: The Word is 'Light'....,the Seed that is planted within ,The Holy Spirit/Word)

19 ¶ Whereupon, O king Agrippa, I was not disobedient unto the heavenly vision:
20 But shewed first unto them of Damascus, and at Jerusalem, and throughout all the coasts of Judaea, and then to the Gentiles, that they
should repent and 'turn to God' and 'do works meet' for repentance.

(Me: The Spirit of grace, is The enabler here,with it's Devine influence.)
(Me: turn around,( repent),
and 'turn to God'......God =Word / Spirit

Question: am I trying to show what I know?....NOT AT ALL !
I have nothing but what The Lord has shared w / me. ...it is not mind,..passing it on ,...trying to help, someone,somewhere.

.....actually Christ, and Him Crucified, .a death,...the cross,.....that there might be resurrection from the dead.

actually, like many, many other things, that I mentioned before,...Jesus' death and resurrection was another thing that He did in the flesh, that we are to do in the Spiritual.

Lovingly,always,
----------------🛐
elizabeth

2017/10/30 22:28Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

"""Dear bro.
Let us think about something,..
Abraham's faith / believing was accounted to him for righteousness....TRUE,....BECAUSE he obeyed God......His hearing God and obeying....did the will of God."""

2 Corinthians 5:21 For He hath made Him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in Him.

Abraham was not made the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus. He knew nothing about the death, burial and resurrection of Christ. He had only knowledge that there would be a Messiah come as king. The apostles did not know and even Paul did not know until God revealed His Son in him. Galatians 1:15-16 But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace, To reveal His Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood:

This is the mystery Paul writes about, "Which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:" This mystery hid from the beginning until it was revealed to Paul, which is Christ in you the hope of glory, which Abraham did not have for Christ had not risen that the mystery might be accomplished and revealed.

Colossians 1:26-28 Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:

So again thank you that I now see I am "made" the righteousness of Christ by His Faith that is in me, by which I believe. Not because God Himself spoke to me of which must have been pretty powerful to Abraham of which I think I would have believed and obeyed also, Yet he was not made the righteousness of God by the mystery of; "that I might be made the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus" Not just imputed or accounted as so, as Abrahams righteousness was.

Ephesians 1:4-12 According as he hath chosen us in Him before the foundation of the world,> ((The Mystery revealed; added for proof by me)) <that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love: Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will, To the praise of the glory of His grace, wherein He hath made us accepted in the beloved. In whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace; Wherein he hath abounded toward us in all wisdom and prudence; Having made known unto us
(((((((the mystery of his will,))))))) according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself: That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him: In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will: That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.

"The mystery of His will"; "first trusted", "which is Christ in you the hope of glory." The revelation of the Mystery to us saints by Paul first to know the mystery.
"My Gospel". Ro 2:16
In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.
Ro 16:25
Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

2017/10/31 1:52Profile
Elibeth

Re:

Philip,

I found and have started listening to this by Major Ian Thomas,...there are a series of 5,..

He REALLY ALABORATES about the 'resurrection Life' that we are discussing here....
Very interesting,..a blessing too.

"Rediscovering Christ" (1 of 5)
Major Ian Thomas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiuOogv2YZE&feature=share

----------------------
elizabeth

2017/11/23 23:44Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Hi Elizabeth

Good stuff. He said something that was loud and clear to me of what God intended from Gen to Rev; "Put God back in man", which was God' original intention from before the beginning; Ephesians 1:3-5 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ: According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love: Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will, (In Christ) Amen.

That is the mystery hidden from the beginning until it was revealed to Paul, "revealed His Son in me". Now to Paul for us to fulfill the whole Word of God. The greatest accomplishment of God for us; To put the Life of Jesus Christ the Son of God, born again in us, as Major Ian said, "Put God back in man".

As Paul says; "Christ in you the hope of Glory".

2017/11/24 15:07Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy