SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Largest mass killing in US history takes place in Las Vegas

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread

Largest mass killing in US history takes place in Las Vegas

Several hours ago a gunman opened fire on several thousand people attending a music festival in Las Vegas. As of right now fatalities are at 59. And Approximately 525 people were wounded, some critically.

Link to article below from New York Times.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/10/02/us/las-vegas-shooting.html

It can be easy for us to judge the situation and say it took place in Sin City Las Vegas. Perhaps some might even say that those in Las Vegas deserved this. But keep in mind this tragedy could have taken place in any city in America. The fact of the matter is tonight there are those who are mourning the loss of loved ones and friends.

Let us remember those impacted by this tragedy in Las Vegas. Let us pray those in this tragedy will find the comfort of the Lord Jesus Christ. Let us pray that they will repent and come to Him. But let us also pray that the church in America wakes up. We cannot continue to stick our heads in the sand and ignore the disasters of Houston, Florida, Puerto Rico, Mexico, and so on.

Jesus said in Luke 13 that unless we repent we will likewise perish. Let us pray that the church in Las Vegas does rise up and pray and cry out for repentance and revival. Yes there are believers in Las Vegas. Everywhere God always has a remnant. Let us pray that that remnant will rise up and be the Light of Christ in the midst of this tragedy.

May God have mercy on us all. Let the church in America wake up and start crying out to God for His mercy. Let us start crying out for a movement of the Holy Spirit. For a movement of repentance and holiness. Let us start crying out in prayer that the church will truly be the Light of Christ in the darkness that is fast sleeping over this nation.

Right now my heart is heavy for what has taken place in Las Vegas. But I hear the spirit say there will be more heartache ahead. I can't help but think that more tears will be shed before everything is said and done.

Dear Jesus please have mercy on us.

Posted by Blaine Scogin

2017/10/2 20:51
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: Largest mass killing in US history takes place in Las Vegas

A very sad day for Western people. Evil is triumphing it seems.

WATCH: President Trump Leans on Psalm 34:18 After Deadliest Mass Shooting in US History
https://www.charismanews.com/politics/67541-watch-president-trump-leans-on-psalm-34-18-after-deadliest-mass-shooting-in-us-history

"The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit."

2017/10/2 21:13Profile

Re:

Link to CBN article where a young man says he went into the concert being an agnostic and comes out believing in God.

http://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/us/2017/october/lsquo-i-rsquo-m-a-firm-believer-in-god-now-rsquo-emotional-las-vegas-shooting-survivor-says-he-rsquo-s-no-longer-agnostic-mdash-here-rsquo-s-why

Let us pray that many more will find Christ in the midst of this tragedy.

Blaine

2017/10/2 22:20

Re:

When I read about all these mass killings, natural disasters, rumors of destruction of America from nuclear attack, homosexuality, etc., I am reminded of a series that Dan Biser conducted on the judgement of God on America and western churches. The series references a lot of scripture, find links below:

“JUDGMENT

Judgment - a divine sentence or clamity; a calamity sent by God.

Two choices are offered to a nation, a people (church), a family or an individual; one, 'to hearken diligently unto the voice of the Lord thy God, to observe and to do all His commandments which He has commanded'; or 'to not hearken unto the voice of the Lord thy God, to observe to do all His commandments and His statues which He has commanded. The direct response of God is to the choice we make to do or not to do. If the choice is to do, then He has promised 'the Lord thy God will set thee on high above all nations of the earth'. But if the choice is to not do, then 'all these curses shall come upon thee, and overtake thee'. This is found in Deuteronomy 28.

Can we afford not to choose His ways and obey? Yet, we see a nation and the church to be blatantly in disobedience against the ways and the Word of the Lord. The choices of the last few decades has allowed for the wrath of God to be unleashed on us. Within this year of 2011, we have seen record reports of destruction. And as much as they have tried to be explained away, they have been foretold to happen to any people that will not obey the word of the Lord.

Let us begin with what God has promised to do to any people or individual that disobeys His commands. We will look at the Scripture references in Deuteronomy 28 first...”

http://danbiser.blogspot.com/2011/10/judgment.html?m=1

https://danbiser.blogspot.com/2011/10/continued-judgment.html?m=0

2017/10/3 7:37
docs

Re:

The true church of God in Christ is not in open disobedience to the Lord and His word and are not going to be judged. For the true church, judgment took place at Calvary. The apostate church and nation is another matter. The events in Las Vegas in no way have anything to do with judgment on the Lord's true church in my opinion. We need to bear this in mind now and in the days ahead. Being straitened and chastened and shut up to a greater degree of dependence on the Holy Spirit is different than being judged. Guilt and condemnation are not from God but from the god of this world whose main goal is to obscure the cross.

2017/10/3 7:53Profile

Perilous Times and Perilous Men...

We are living in the last days of Perilous Times and Perilous Men as what the Bible prophesied.. I am not surprise if the mass killing of people and terrorism attacks are on the rise because this world will not going better, but very downhill worst...

2017/10/3 7:55

Re:

Hi David:

Maybe you are right, but shouldn’t the true church have both the witness of the Spirit and sound doctrine to support your position? Could you please reference scriptures to support your claims and refute all the scriptures that Dan Biser quoted regarding God’s judgement? Did you read the articles attached to the two links? This was a very difficult series for me and others to study, read and listen (i.e., Dan also preached on this series) and I oftentimes was very frustrated, angry and in doubt about God’s judgement on the church as described in the series. But what if Dan Biser was annointed and called by God, along with many others, to warn the true church about His judgements on her, similar to how John warned the churches in Revelation? Yes, the judgement of God fell on Christ while on the cross and Jesus said it was finished, but later it is written in the epistles to the true church: “17 For it is time for judgment to begin at the household of God; and if it begins with us, what will be the outcome for those who do not obey the gospel of God?“ (1 Peter 4). And, in the beginning of the chapter: “1 Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, To those who are elect exiles of the Dispersion in Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia, 2 according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, in the sanctification of the Spirit, for obedience to Jesus Christ and for sprinkling with his blood: May grace and peace be multiplied to you” (1 Peter 1).

KM

2017/10/3 8:27

Re: Largest mass killing in US history takes place in Las Vegas

Saints:

Please find below a quote from the sermon "And they crucified Him by Art Katz":

"We have lost even the difference, the sense of the difference, between that which is sacred and that which is profane. I believe that God could lay at the door of the church the full responsibility for the present condition of the world. And the things over which we cluck our tongues and point our fingers and look disdain down our noses about are the things which can be attributed to us. For we have not established in the earth a standard and an alternative to which a dying world might have turned"

(https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=3278&commentView=itemComments).

Also, very encouraging version of the sermon: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XK1xpKRWyQ

2017/10/3 9:05
docs

Re:

The people Brother Biser makes reference to are those who have deliberately decided to disobey God and His word and have brought a curse upon themselves instead of a blessing. They will be judged accordingly. God's true, real and sincere saints have not chosen to deliberately disobey. Because of the cross they have passed from death and judgment. They are not perfect by any means and strive daily against sin but they are not going to receive a heaven sent calamity and disaster sent from God against them. They have passed from wrath. A backslidden nation and apostate church may receive such judgment but blood bought saints will not. I hear your heart and your burden but GUILT and CONDEMNATION toward the true church is not from God but from the enemy who is indeed guilty and condemned. I'm not meaning you are trying to bring guilt and condemnation. I would think you are trying to minister godly Holy Ghost conviction which leads to repentance and righteousness. Yet there are many "prophetic" voices in the land ministering guilt to the church instead of conviction.

The judgment spoken of by Peter as beginning at the house of God can also mean true discernment and wisdom begins at the house of God. The context bears this out.

A church being straitened, even disciplined, is still different in my opinion than a church being sent a calamity from God for the purpose of its destruction. We must learn to look fully again at what happened at Calvary.

2017/10/3 10:25Profile

Re:

Hi David:

I have no intentions to debate and it appears you have a particular view on God's judgment and discipline that does not include what you describe as the "true church." I.e., since she (true church) is obeying God in America and the West. I do not understand your usage of the "true church" and how it relates to the scriptures? I asked if you could 'please' reference scriptures to help keep the discussion around the Word of God and not solely our interpretation of it. So, I cannot continue a discussion of God's judgment if I do not understand the meaning regarding your definition of the church.

"27 Now you are the body of Christ and individually members of it. 28 And God has appointed in the church first apostles, second prophets, third teachers, then miracles, then gifts of healing, helping, administrating, and various kinds of tongues. 29 Are all apostles? Are all prophets? Are all teachers? Do all work miracles? 30 Do all possess gifts of healing? Do all speak with tongues? Do all interpret? 31 But earnestly desire the higher gifts.

And I will show you a still more excellent way" (1 Cor. 12).

"2 To the church of God that is in Corinth, to those sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints together with all those who in every place call upon the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, both their Lord and ours:

3 Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ" (1 Cor. 1).

4 John to the seven churches that are in Asia: Grace to you and peace, from Him who is and who was and who is to come, and from the seven Spirits who are before His throne, 5 and from Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the firstborn of the dead, and the ruler of the kings of the earth. To Him who loves us and released us from our sins by His blood— 6 and He has made us to be a kingdom, priests to His God and Father—to Him be the glory and the dominion forever and ever. Amen. 7 BEHOLD, HE IS COMING WITH THE CLOUDS, and every eye will see Him, even those who pierced Him; and all the tribes of the earth will mourn over Him. So it is to be. Amen.

8 “I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty” (Rev. 1).

Do the above scriptures in Revelation speak about the judgment of God on the church?

When you say "true church," do you mean the real church? If so, doesn't God judge, discipline and correct His real church? Does His real church ever disobey and go their own way? If they do disobey and go their own way then what does the scriptures teach about how Christ deals with them?

KM

2017/10/3 12:57

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy