SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : I am not a christian, I am living in hypocrisy....

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread

I am not a christian, I am living in hypocrisy....

I do not want to call myself a christian anymore because of something in my life. I am living in hypocrisy, by being a Christian, I am just giving Christianity a bad reputation by representing it.....

:' (

2017/10/2 13:07
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re: I am not a christian, I am living in hypocrisy....

Will be praying for you Evangeline. Just know that God is not wiling that you perish but that you come to repentance (2 Peter 3:9).

2017/10/2 13:15Profile
Martyr

United States

You should know that being a sinner actually makes you a great candidate for being a Christian. Christ did not come for the righteous. Whatever you're struggling with it is a great oppurtunity to see the incredible healing power of Christ. Dont give up sister

2017/10/2 14:22Profile

Dear sister the Lord says where sin abounded grace abounded all the more. Please flee to Jesus. Don't let the devil keep you from fleeing to Him.

I will be praying for you.

Blaine

2017/10/2 14:23
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Sister,

If the Holy Spirit has clearly shown you an area of bondage that you were not realizing or were living with without strong conviction then praise God. Repent of it and seek to tear it away from your life. Flee to Christ He will forgive and give you the power to overcome and mortify it (Colossians 3).

The more dangerous place to be is practicing a sin and not convicted about it barely and learning to live with it.

Many believers live common-law with other of the opposite sex, commit fornication, steal, cheat, and do many things contrary to the Lord, not seeing wrong in it.

It is the grace of God that leads you to say "no to ungodliness" and the "grace" to overcome is from the Lord.

Being sick of yourself to live in compromise is a good place to be, but do not stay there, go past it to seeking the Lord for victory and repentance.

If we are alone without godly fellowship of other believers on the same journey then we can fall into "self-deception" where we become our own judge, jury, doctor, hospital, (spiritually speaking). We cannot help ourselves alone we need the whole body of Christ.

2017/10/2 14:49Profile

Thanks for your honesty in an open forum. I experienced the new birth over 25 years ago and I have had my ups and downs. I believe that living in America can be difficult for the sincere seeker of Christ because of all the deception, false teachings, etc., but the scriptures are very clear about the workings of the Father, Christ and the Holy Spirit in the lives of the ones who call/cry out to Him:

"35 Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life; he who comes to Me will not hunger, and he who believes in Me will never thirst. 36 “But I said to you that you have seen Me, and yet do not believe. 37 “All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will certainly not cast out. 38 “For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me. 39 “This is the will of Him who sent Me, that of all that He has given Me I lose nothing, but raise it up on the last day. 40 “For this is the will of My Father, that everyone who beholds the Son and believes in Him will have eternal life, and I Myself will raise him up on the last day” (John 6).

"12 So then, brethren, we are under obligation, not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh— 13 for if you are living according to the flesh, you must die; but if by the Spirit you are putting to death the deeds of the body, you will live. 14 For all who are being led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God. 15 For you have not received a spirit of slavery leading to fear again, but you have received a spirit of adoption as sons by which we cry out, “Abba! Father!” 16 The Spirit Himself testifies with our spirit that we are children of God, 17 and if children, heirs also, heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him so that we may also be glorified with Him" (Romans 6).

"6 And without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him" (Hebrews).

"14 Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession. 15 For we do not have a high priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but One who has been tempted in all things as we are, yet without sin. 16 Therefore let us draw near with confidence to the throne of grace, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need" (Hebrew 4).

"Therefore, that I should not become conceited, a thorn in my flesh was given to me, a messenger of Satan, that he might buffet me, so that I should not become conceited. 8 Three times I begged the Lord for this, that it might depart from me. 9 And He said to me, “My grace suffices you, for the power is perfected in weakness.” Therefore will I boast rather most gladly in my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 10 Therefore I take pleasure in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, and difficulties for Christ; for when I might be weak, then I am strong" (2 Cor. 12).

"28 “Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. 29 “Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and YOU WILL FIND REST FOR YOUR SOULS. 30 “For My yoke is easy and My burden is light” (Matt. 11).

"1 “I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser. 2 “Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit, He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit, He prunes it so that it may bear more fruit. 3 “You are already clean because of the word which I have spoken to you. 4 “Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself unless it abides in the vine, so neither can you unless you abide in Me. 5 “I am the vine, you are the branches; he who abides in Me and I in him, he bears much fruit, for apart from Me you can do nothing" (John 15).

2017/10/2 19:18
Gloryandgrace

Snoqualmie, WA

Re:

Evangeline: I went back and looked over the posts you originated and your responses, then responses to other posts. Your testimony is not one that shows a non-believer but a true believer.
Jesus is not surprised that you are a bigger sinner than you realized. But your realization of it and the inconsistencies of your walk with Jesus does not display a lack of true faith just a lack of true obedience.
I'm not so sure I buy into your "I'm not a Christian because I am a hypocrite." statement. In fact I wonder that instead of making a right judgment of yourself you've made a fundamental error in declaring yourself not a Christian. Namely who but a genuine Christian would care about mis-representing Christians or Jesus for that matter? The false have no qualms about saving their face at the expense of Jesus, you openly declared your disapproval of yourself to save Jesus's face. There is a light-years distance between those two mindsets.
I don't believe you, seriously I think you failed and now in order to punish yourself you reprove yourself openly. Ok, but again that speaks more to genuine conversion and the indwelling Spirit than it does total fakery and deception.
I wonder that you've let Satan give you the bad report, you believe it because you've failed ( and maybe repeatedly) and so in agreement with him you send us the "Im not worthy of claiming the name Christian" post. All of that is to his glory not Jesus. Jesus glory is to forgive you, grow you up, mature you even in the midst of many and repeated failures.
The spirit in which you've spoken in your own posts is your own advice whether I am right or not. Submit to Jesus your sins and failures, refuse the condemnation of Satan and proceed to walk in those baby-steps of obedience again. Rejoice in those little acts of obedience and know Jesus loves and cares for you.
Jesus doesn't love you because you're obedient, he set his grace upon you and loves you, therefore you can be obedient and enjoy the love of your Savior.

2017/10/2 20:23Profile
SherlockA

Re:

' The spirit in which you've spoken in your own posts is your own advice whether I am right or not. Submit to Jesus your sins and failures, refuse the condemnation of Satan and proceed to walk in those baby-steps of obedience again. Rejoice in those little acts of obedience and know Jesus loves and cares for you.
'

Definitely i agree with this. Thanks

2017/10/3 0:28Profile
docs

Re:

Your born again inner person remains incorruptible in Christ and cannot sin. Our outer person, our fleshly body, has not been born again but lives under the promise of eventual glorification. Son in this flesh we groan and despair looking forward yo the day we shall all be changed. When we fail and din in the flesh we feel condemned and let down and we feel as if this is the condition of our inner man - the new person in Christ. It's not. Our new person in Christ is still secure. You sound very much saved just a bit disappointed as we all get. I would recommend reviewing the benefits that were provided for you by Christ's death on the cross. Everything we can ever need for time and eternity was provided for us there.

Blessings.

2017/10/3 5:26Profile
followthelamb

In Christ

Online!

Dear sis Evangeline,

I am praying for you!

And whatever hypocrisy or besetting sin is shown to you, dont let it drive you away from Jesus but keep coming to Him with all your struggles as He is the one by His Spirit who can set you free indeed. He knows you better than anyone else, even yourself, and He is not surprised by the weakness of our frame as He came in the flesh to save us.

"For in that He Himself has suffered being tempted, He is able to aid those who are tempted." Hebrews 2:18

"Therefore He is also able to save to the uttermost those who come to God through Him, since He always lives to make intercession for them." hebrews 7:25

Whatever occurs PRESS IN TO HIM....By His Spirit, by His Blood you will overcome.

2017/10/3 11:13Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy