SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : The people giving christianity a bad name.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
MrBillPro

Texas

The people giving christianity a bad name.

This is why the world is beginning to think Christians are nuts, it's a shame these folks use the name Christian in their propaganda and agendas.

Biblical prophecy claims the world will end on Sept. 23, Christian numerologists claim

FoxNews.com
Published September 15, 2017

Christian numerologists claim that the world will end on Sept. 23, 2017 as they believe a planet will collide with Earth.

According to Christian numerologist David Meade, verses in Luke 21: 25 to 26 is the sign that recent events, such as the recent solar eclipse and Hurricane Harvey, are signs of the apocalypse.

Meade has built his theory, which is viewed with a widely skeptical lens, on the so-called Planet X, which is also known as Nibiru, which he believes will pass Earth on Sept. 23, causing volcanic eruptions, tsunamis and earthquakes, according to British newspaper

NASA has repeatedly said Planet X is a hoax.

Revelation 12:1–2, is supposed to be the start of the Rapture and second coming of Christ, which is also being mentioned heavily by Christian conspiracy theorists.

The passage reads: "And a great sign appeared in heaven: a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet, and on her head a crown of 12 stars. She was pregnant and was crying out in birth pains and the agony of giving birth."

In the passage, the woman is Virgo. On Sept. 23, both the Sun and the Moon will be in Virgo, as will the planet Jupiter. However, this occurence happens naturally once every 12 years. There is also a rare alignment, known as "the Lion of the tribe of Judah," which the conspiracy theorists are hanging their hats on.

According to the Express, author Jonathan Sarfati wrote that the same planetary coincidence previously happened four times in the last millennium.

"As usual with any astrology (or Christian adaptations of it), one cherry-picks the stars that fit the desired conclusion," Sarfati wrote, according to the Express. "There is nothing to suggest that 23 September is a momentous date for biblical prophecy, and Christians need to be careful about being drawn into such sensationalist claims."

2017/9/16 16:05Profile
savannah

Re: The people giving christianity a bad name.

Hey...at least I get to celebrate one more birthday. It looks like I'm gonna go out with a bang!

See you all in space...

...over and out!

2017/9/16 18:42Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: The people giving christianity a bad name.

Bill,

Jesus had all this in His time and we read nothing about it because, I believe, He gave no thought to it. The jail I go into has to let every other so called "church" come in the jail and my mentally has always been, "Let the God that answers by fire be God." Take comfort in that astrology stuff will pass away but His words shall never pass away!!! :)

God bless,
Lisa

2017/9/17 5:20Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Lysa, I grew up in an age when Jesus was enough, just his name and and the word of God was all anyone needed. Now we have these Christian numerologists, then lets not forget you signs and wonders folks, that are out to tell the whole world the "Church" that's every believer, needs to repent. The internet is a powerful tool when used to get the news out about Jesus Christ.

Signs and wonders are not the saving word of grace; they are God's secondary testimony to the word of his grace. Signs and wonders do not save. They are not the power of God unto salvation. They do not transform the heart–any more than music or art or drama which accompany the gospel. Signs and wonders can be imitated by Satan (2 Thessalonians 2:9; Matthew 24:24), but the gospel is utterly contrary to his nature. What changes the heart and saves the soul is the self-authenticating glory of Christ seen in the message of the gospel (2 Corinthians 3:18-4:6).

Some people seek after signs and wonders because they do not believe the signs and wonders which have already been performed. The Pharisees of Matthew 12 were just such a lot. Jesus had been performing miracles for quite some time when a group of scribes and Pharisees came to Him with an insolent demand to see another sign. In response, Jesus condemned them as “wicked and adulterous” (Matthew 12:38-39).

Some people seek after signs and wonders because they are curious thrill-seekers. Like the crowds in John 6:2 and King Herod in Luke 23:8, they want to see something sensational, but they have no real desire to know the truth of Christ.

Some people seek after signs and wonders because they hope to get something for themselves. After Jesus fed the multitudes, a large crowd followed Him to the other side of Galilee. Jesus saw their true motivation, however, and rebuked it: “I tell you the truth, you are looking for me, not because you saw miraculous signs but because you ate the loaves and had your fill” (John 6:26). The crowd’s desire was not to know Christ or even to see more miracles; it was simply to fill their stomachs again.

Better than seeking after a new miracle is taking God at His Word. Simple faith is more pleasing to the Lord than a reliance on a dazzling sensory experience. “Jesus told him, ‘Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed’” (John 20:29).

2017/9/17 11:38Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re:

Quote:
by MrBillPro
Lysa, I grew up in an age when Jesus was enough, just his name and and the word of God was all anyone needed. Now we have these Christian numerologists, then lets not forget you signs and wonders folks, that are out to tell the whole world the "Church" that's every believer, needs to repent. The internet is a powerful tool when used to get the news out about Jesus Christ.

Bill,

Are you saying that signs and wonders folks tell the whole world they have to repent?

Are you saying that's a bad thing?

Didn't Jesus say, "Go ye into all the world and preach the gospel?"

It wasn't very clear what you were saying, I'm sorry.

God bless you,
Lisa

2017/9/17 14:39Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Lysa, I'm saying, anyone can tell the anyone they feel that has fell out of fellowship with Christ, to repent. My issue is, don't interject signs and wonders into our asking folks to repent, it puts folks under condemnation to do something, "scare tactics" isn't just using the name of Jesus and his promises in the word of God enough? When I minister to anyone, I use my testimony, and the word of God, I don't use numbers or signs and wonders. When our testimony, and the word of God is not enough, Christianity is in trouble.

Repentance is not ceasing from sinful bad habits, nor even being willing to turn from one's sins; Repentance is turning to the Lord Jesus Christ to be saved from one's sins (Romans 4:5). Salvation is receiving; NOT giving. Eternal life is the free gift of God (Romans 5:15;6:23), paid for by Jesus' precious literal blood (1st Peter 1:18,19). To be saved we simply need to come as a guilty sinner to Jesus Christ to have our sins washed away by His redeeming blood (1st John 1:7). Salvation is turning to Jesus to be forgiven of one's sins; NOT turning from one's sins in order to be forgiven by Jesus.

Lysa, Repeatedly in the Holy Scriptures we are taught to simply “believe” on the Lord Jesus Christ to be saved (John 3:16; John 3:36; John 6:28-29; John 6:40; John 11:25; John 20:31). The apostle John mentions the words “believe” and “believed” 85 times in the Gospel of John, but he never mentions the word “repent,” not even once. This tells us that the man who believes has also repented. Thus, repentance is not a separate act required to be saved, as minister's David Cloud, Ray Comfort, Paul Washer, John MacArthur and other ministers errantly teach. If a man didn't change his mind (i.e. repent), then he wouldn't believe (John 3:20). Hence, we don't need to tell people to repent AND believe to be saved. Just teach them to BELIEVE THE GOSPEL, which is, “THE POWER OF GOD UNTO SALVATION TO EVERY ONE THAT BELIEVETH” (Romans 1:16).

2017/9/17 15:29Profile
yuehan

Re:

Terrific post, Bill!

"Repent, and believe in the gospel." (Mark 1:15)

At the heart of it is - what does repentance mean?

We need to realize that the biblical meaning of repentance is radically different to the standard definition in dictionaries. Unless we grasp this, our understanding of the gospel would be weak and make us ineffective ambassadors for Christ.

Some good articles on biblical repentance:

"The Great Meaning of Metanoia"
http://www.timothyministry.com/2012/07/the-great-meaning-of-metanoia.html

"Repentance and the Covenants"
http://www.timothyministry.com/2010/09/repentance-and-covenants.html

2017/9/17 15:51Profile
yuehan

Re:

Two options - which is the true gospel, and which is the false gospel?

1. Is the gospel about trying to clean yourself up, try to stop sinning, and thus making yourself worthy to be saved by Jesus?

2. Or is the gospel good news for the sinner, who has no strength to stop sinning, thus Jesus cleans him up and transforms him into a new creation when the sinner turns to Him?

2017/9/17 15:56Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re:

Quote:
by MrBillPro
Lysa, I'm saying, anyone can tell the anyone they feel that has fell out of fellowship with Christ, to repent. My issue is, don't interject signs and wonders into our asking folks to repent, it puts folks under condemnation to do something, "scare tactics" isn't just using the name of Jesus and his promises in the word of God enough? When I minister to anyone, I use my testimony, and the word of God, I don't use numbers or signs and wonders. When our testimony, and the word of God is not enough, Christianity is in trouble.

This has sure come out of left field! :) I have no idea who you could be possibly talking about here and then to throw me in with them!!

I minister the same way you do and always have but for some reason you have judged me otherwise. Why is that?

Can you explain that without copying and pasting your answers, please?

Thank you brother,
Lisa

2017/9/18 4:00Profile
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Re:

2017/9/18 6:54Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy