SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Grieved Over Divisions Among Denominational Churches

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Re:

I see. I would say that you need to fast and pray and seek God for His will for where you should fellowship. Perhaps if there is an area where you disagree, unless it is a matter of heaven or hell, you should not even let it be known publicly that you disagree. Once you have strong relationships established, then you have a door to discuss disagreement without offense.

I would say this. I too am grieved when I see churches that include the non-essentials in their statements of faith and then major on how that non-essential makes them different from other churches. To me, what difference does Pretrib, Posttrib, or no trib make in my ability to worship with you and together work in the harvest field?

2017/9/7 17:09Profile
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

Quote:
I see. I would say that you need to fast and pray and seek God for His will for where you should fellowship. Perhaps if there is an area where you disagree, unless it is a matter of heaven or hell, you should not even let it be known publicly that you disagree. Once you have strong relationships established, then you have a door to discuss disagreement without offense.

I would say this. I too am grieved when I see churches that include the non-essentials in their statements of faith and then major on how that non-essential makes them different from other churches. To me, what difference does Pretrib, Posttrib, or no trib make in my ability to worship with you and together work in the harvest field?

Thanks again for the input Travis. My concern is that I tried that at a certain small Calvary Chapel (the one I mentioned in the OP) and it didn’t work. At first I didn’t say anything about my "non-essential views" but eventually the topics came up in conversations between myself and the pastor and I felt I had to be honest with him, and there ended up being problems. I’m concerned that if I wait till I get deeply involved in a church, along with my family, eventually when these topics come up there may be problems and more hurt to have to deal with; hurt that can be avoided if I’m upfront about these things and ask them if I’m welcome in light of them.

But yeah, I have no problems fellowshipping with brethren who have differing views on these topics and I don’t try to push my non-essential views on anyone. I have a close friend/brother in Christ with whom I do street evangelism regularly who holds to Dispensational Pre-trib Premil, and we get along just fine. Like Dave pointed out, the problem arises when churches include certain non-essential stances in their statements of faith and divide over them. Sadly, I’m finding that that is the case with a multitude of churches, so I’m not sure how long it will take me to find I church where I’m welcome after being upfront with them. But again, I do believe that I need to be upfront to avoid hurt both for myself and my family.

2017/9/7 17:53Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

I guess I have been fortunate in that the churches I have attended where I knew there were doctrinal differences (e.g. End times and cal/arm) there was never "in your face" preaching or teaching on these topics, so I was never in a position of having to squirm in my seat or bite my tongue.

2017/9/7 20:26Profile
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

Quote:
I guess I have been fortunate in that the churches I have attended where I knew there were doctrinal differences (e.g. End times and cal/arm) there was never "in your face" preaching or teaching on these topics, so I was never in a position of having to squirm in my seat or bite my tongue.

Actually, those churches I mentioned did not really pound Calvinism or Arminianism or certain end-times views from the pulpit either (except maybe the Calvary Chapels a bit in terms of end-times, not too much though). Those topics became an issue after conversing with pastors about them; in my case it was unavoidable.

2017/9/7 21:55Profile
rbanks

Re:

We should not let things that we are not sure about cause division among us. The Bible says that we should all speak the same thing and not be divided. That's means to be doers of the Word and not just hearers only.

What we should know is that we have not yet completed the book of Acts. We should know that the Bible teaches that we are to be saved and born of God. We are to then be filled with the Holy Spirit and be sanctified unto God. We are to receive power from the Holy Spirit to be a witness unto Jesus.

So let's deny ourselves, take up our Cross and follow Jesus walking in the Holy Spirit so we will not fulfill the lusts of the flesh. Let's be devoted to Jesus following His will from scripture and look forward to His appearing...desiring to love Him and serve Him with all of our heart. Let's do His will desiring and hoping to hear Him say "well done".

He is not going to judge you by someone's else's theory. He may judge you by arguing over your own theory that is not clearly revealed from scripture. Now the truth is...God is going to judged everyone by the Word of God they knew and didn't obey.

Blessings....rbanks

2017/9/7 22:17Profile
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

Amen rbanks, fully agree!

2017/9/7 22:35Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy