SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Did Adam lose the Holy Spirit?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Dorcas, I have been thinking about your post. I really think Adam & Eve contained the Holy Spirit when God created them:

Genesis 2:7 " 7. And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.".....................

26. And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth...........

27. So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.........................

31. And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

Adam had direct communication with God, which tells me that he had the Holy Spirit. The only way that any of us today can have communion with God is if we have the Holy Spirit

This same Spirit is what provides us with communion with God, with direct access to the Throne Room of Heaven. (Hebrews 4:16 " 16. So let us come boldly to the very throne of God and stay there to receive his mercy and to find grace to help us in our times of need.")

However, once sin was entered into, Adams Spirit was severed, the same way ours was before we were saved. I read the other day the obituary of an Atheist. His next of kin indicated that he read and studied the Bible every day. The problem is, without the Holy Spirit he could not understand what he was reading, and thus he died a non-believing atheist.

If we look at the chain of events of what happened in the Garden of Eden, I think we can see exactly what happened and why:

Adam was not deceived by Satan, but willingly and knowingly broke God's Law. Eve was deceived by Satan, and ate of the apple, breaking God's law.

God arrives on the scene, and Adam and Eve are hiding? They had been in complete communion with God, by a direct link, and now they think they can hide from God?

God delivers the Gospel to Adam and Eve, with Satan in attendance: Genesis 3:15" 15. And I will put enmity between thee (Satan) and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel."

Women do not have seed, men have seed. God is telling them that a virgin will bear a Child, and the devil will bruise His (Christ's heel), and Christ will bruise his (Satan's) head. The only form of capital punishment that bruises the heel is crucifixion. The lungs are gasping for air, and the heel is placed against the cross and pushing upwards as hard as possible to try and breath.

Next, God kills a lamb of the 1st year, cuts it into pieces and places them on an altar, and places blood on the altar, and burns the sacrifice to dust (a Burnt Offering) and then takes the skin and makes clothing for Adam and Eve out of these skins: 21. Unto Adam also and to his wife did the Lord God make coats of skins, and clothed them.

Now, your first question to me has to be "how in the world can you leap to such a conclusion, based upon the one verse above ?". Because, in the very next Chapter of Genesis we read about Cain and Abel and about how they brought sacrifices to the Lord. Abel brought the firstlings of his flock, a BLOOD SACRIFICE and Cain brought the fruit from the ground (Cain was the first Frank Sinatra, doing it his way and not God's way):

"3. And in process of time (at the end of days, on the Sabbath) it came to pass, that Cain brought of the fruit of the ground an offering unto the Lord.
4. And Abel, he also brought of the firstlings of his flock and of the fat thereof. And the Lord had respect unto Abel and to his offering:
5. But unto Cain and to his offering he had not respect. And Cain was very wroth, and his count"

This tells me that God created a way for Adam and Eve and all of mankind to "cover" their sin with the blood of sacrificed animals, until the appointed time of the final sacrifice, Jesus Christ. By doing this the Holy Spirit was able to come into them for short periods of time. In this way they could still commune with God.

The entire Bible is one continuous thread of blood sacrifice (there is no remission without the shedding of blood), from God's example of what was required (a Blood Sacrifice) in Genesis 3:21 to the story of Cain and Abel, to Noah, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Job, etc. etc. etc. to finally Mt. Siani where God layed out the Sacrificial Systen that would stay in place until the final sacrifice------ Jesus Christ.

If we look at the Old Testament we find example after example of the Spirit coming upon believers and actually staying within believers for specific periods of time for specific tasks. When the Tabernacle was being built, the Holy Spirit was placed within Bezaleel to perform works in gold, silver & brass for the entire time that it was being built. Other examples are found throughout, especially in the Prophets. The "Spirit of the Lord" would come upon them and they would prophecy.

The problem is that until sin was dealt with, until sin was paid for, the Holy Spirit could not dwell within that person for an entire lifetime, like the Holy Spirit does for us today. Since Christ paid the penalty for sin, the Holy Spirit is now free to spend eternity in each of us.

There are only two Sacrifices of the Lord in which the skin of the animal is provided. In one of the offerings (the Burnt Offering) the skin is provided to the Priest. In the Peace offering the skin is provided to the sinner. Since Adam was the family Priest and is also a picture of the "final Adam, Jesus Christ, who is our Priest and King, I really think that God used the Burnt offering to provide skin to make them clothes. The reason? Abraham was in the process of sacrificing his son Isaac as a burnt offering when God provided him with a ram. This is a picture, a "type" of God providing His own Son Jesus Christ as the final sacrifice for the sin of the world, from the beginning of time to the end of time.

God bless,

Stever

2005/6/22 21:45
preacher_ish

Atmore, AL

Re: Avatar

I like the beard. I did not realize it was a figure of a Roman Catholic Inquisitioner.

To me he is just a bearded dude with a cross and sandels.

preacher_ish :-D

2005/6/22 22:45Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Quote:
what was the difference between that action and the upper room experience on the day of penecost? I always thought that thier commission came from the upper room?

There is, of course, the possibility that it was the same upper room, but not the same upper room experience.

I think we get the mood of the John 20 breathing from the paralle passage in Luke 24:36-49. There is a telescoping of events in the gospels at times but you can see the association of ideas in the mind of Luke as he writes. I would see the unique gift of the Spirit in John 20 as a unique fulfillment for the 12 to accomplish their unique place in the church. For this they received the commissioning of John 20:21-23 and opening of their understanding as recorded in Luke 24:44-48. This personal commissioning and the 'opening of their minds' was the necessary preparation for the Pentecostal effusion of Acts 2.

2005/6/23 2:52Profile

Re:

Dear Stever,

Sorry I've taken so long to get back to apply myself to responding to your post here. I do see it is tempting to take the view that Adam had the Holy Spirit. You said

Quote:
Adam had direct communication with God, which tells me that he had the Holy Spirit. The only way that any of us today can have communion with God is if we have the Holy Spirit

There are two reasons I don't believe Adam had the Holy Spirit. The main one is that until the Fall, there was no sin to separate him from God, so he did not need the Holy Spirit.

I have thought about this from various angles, but, one would think scripture would say in one place, probably Genesis 3, something like 'because you have done this thing, the separation you now feel is because I have removed my Spirit from you' - but, it does not. In the light of scripture's silence on the point and the abundant evidence of the [i]promise[/i] of the Spirit to be given at a future date (after the Fall remembering always that the Lamb was slain from the foundation of the world), I believe the giving of the Holy Spirit to man is a step in the progression towards all of creation being gathered together in Christ, the Word made Flesh. I believe too, that scripture is very clear about Adam having been formed of the dust of the ground. Something has to happen to that dust (be born of the Holy Spirit) to make it compatible with the Bridegroom.

Your point about how His heel bruised the serpent's head, is interesting. However, I have a slightly different take on it. That is, more to do with the power differential (that's one point). The other [i]major[/i] point of difference, which [i]gave[/i] Christ the power to stand on the serpent's head (head=powebase) was His sinlessness. Hebrews covers this topic in several different ways, but I would pick out His obedience to His Father's will in going to the cross. This in particular, was Him fulfilling what He was called to do. Whereas, Lucifer, created in great beauty and with great power, chose [i]not[/i] to do what was asked of him but rather to set his own agenda. Jesus never did this and it is the hallmark of His right to be crowned King of kings, namely, His submission to a higher authority.

Perhaps I have been influenced towards the idea that Jesus gained for us more than Adam lost, is encapsulated in this words from the great hymn, Jesus shall reign where'er the sun.

Where He displays His healing power,
Death and the curse are known no more:
In Him the tribes of Adam boast
More blessings than their father lost. [i](Isaac Watts 1719)[/i]

But, I don't find anything in scripture which disputes this, either. What Jesus taught about what lies ahead for the believer, is way different from what it appears would have been Adam's lot, had he not departed from the original word of God. The whole matter of choice and free will as an attribute of God is tied up in what happened in the garden of Eden and this is a vital aspect of the call in Rev 22

17 And the Spirit and the bride say, Come.
And let him that heareth say, Come.
And let him that is athirst come.
And whosoever will,
let him take the water of life freely.

In other words, there was a much grander plan in its infancy, in the garden of Eden, than Adam understood at the point in time when the serpent spoke to Eve, when he stood by and not only watched her throw away her own sinlessness, but, joined in by throwing away his own. I find it really hard to believe he had the Holy Spirit when he did that.

[i]Of course[/i] we need the Holy Spirit to commune with God, since He has graciously sent His Son to shed blood to cleanse our [i]souls[/i] - something which Adam did not experience in his lifetime, through the blood sacrifices available by the death of animals.

2005/6/24 9:53
dohzman

Re:

Makes sense. I never gave it enough thought until this thread was posted, but it does seem to flow together.

2005/6/24 20:51Profile

Re:

"All of the below shows me that the original Adam is just like me. He is fleshy, earthy. He had a corrupt body of flesh and blood that could never inherit eternal life with God. But yet it says that Adam was also a picture of, a “figure” of Him (Christ) to come.
I am presently on my way to being glorified, the same as you and any other Christian reading this post. Christ has paid the price for us, as well as the price for Adam and Eve and every other believer since the beginning of time, to take on our sin and forgive us of it as well. The only requirement is belief in Him."

God’s word tells us in 1 Cor 15:50:

50. Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

Yet, Adam was created by God from the earth, and was created with flesh & blood.

We also find, that in the beginning Adam had tremendous intelligence. He actually named every animal that God had created.

The first book of the Bible, Genesis is referred to as the “Book of the Generation of Adam” (Genesis 5)

Luke (3:38) tells us: “Which was the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the SON OF GOD.

Romans 5:14 tells us the ADAM WAS THE FIGURE OF HIM (CHRIST) TO COME.

Romans 5:16-16 telss us that : Sin came by one man, Adam. Our gift, abundance of grace and the gift of righteousness IS BY ONE MAN (CHRIST JESUS).

1 Cor 15:22
For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

1 Cor 14:45
The first man Adam was made a living soul, the last Adam (Jesus Christ) was made a quickening Spirit.
1 Cor 15:45-49: 46. “Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.
47. The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven.
48. As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly.
49. And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.”

Colossians 2:9 tells us that while Christ was on this earth he possessed the fullness of the Godhead bodily (within His flesh):
9. For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

1 Cor 14:50 tells us that flesh and blood cannot inherit the Kingdom of God:

50. Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

With all that said, God created us out of the earth, and created us “fleshly”, and created us out of flesh and blood. Yet, we read in the Gospels that the new, resurrected body of Jesus consisted of FLESH AND BONE, NOT FLESH AND BLOOD.
Luke 24:39-40: 39. “ Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not FLESH AND BONES, as ye see me have.
40. And when he had thus spoken, he shewed them his hands and his feet.”
Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Today, I am a man of flesh and blood, the same as everyone reading this post. All Christians reading this post have living within them the Holy Spirit. Even with this miracle we still sin by thought and deed. We will not be able to keep the law until we have our glorified, resurrected bodies of flesh and bone, exactly like Christ’s resurrected body. Presently I am saved by Christ’s work on Calvary and His righteousness is imputed to me because I believe God, and upon the Messiah who He has sent.

All of the above shows me that the original Adam is just like me. He is fleshy, earthy. He had a corrupt body of flesh and blood that could never inherit eternal life with God. But yet it says that Adam was also a picture of, a “figure” of Him (Christ) to come.
I am presently on my way to being glorified, the same as you and any other Christian reading this post. Christ has paid the price for us, as well as the price for Adam and Eve and every other believer since the beginning of time, to take on our sin and forgive us of it as well. The only requirement is belief in Him.

It says in God’s word that it was appointed as righteousness to Abraham because he believed God. Was he declared righteous because he believed God when God told him to leave Ur of the Chaldees and go to the promised land? Was that what he believed to be declared righteous by God? I think not. It was His belief in the Messiah to come, the seed of the woman, who would reconcile fallen man back to Himself that was the belief, the force behind his daily walk with God. This is the same BELIEF THAT SAVES US.

Romans 4:3 “3. For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.”
Romans 4:13 “13. For the promise, that he should be the heir of the world, was not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law, but through the righteousness of faith.”

Adam and Eve, after the fall, BELIEVED GOD, and shared the “Gospel” (the “seed” of the woman would redeem fallen man back to God) with their Children, Cain and Abel. Abel believed the Gospel, and Cain did not. When the “end of days’ arrived (i.e. the end of the week, the Sabbath, the 7th day) each brought a sacrifice to the altar. Abel, a believer, brought a firstborn lamb to be sacrificed on the altar, a sacrifice that would be a picture of the final sacrifice Jesus Christ, A BLOOD SACRIFICE. Cain, on the other hand believed in himself and was a man after the flesh. He brought the “fruit of the ground”. Cain would of also had flocks to tend (for eating- after the fall, man ate flesh), but he did not bring what God required, he brought what he wanted to bring, thus showing us his pride and arrogance, with no fear or belief in God. God had respect for Abel’s sacrifice, and no respect for Cain’s.

Fast forward to Noah. By this time Noah is the only man on the earth who still believes the Gospel passed down by Adam and Eve. By this “belief” in the seed of the woman, Noah found himself in communion with God. God found grace with Noah. God labeled him as “just”, as “perfect”. And we find that “Noah walked with God”.

This same story continues to this day. The Gospel is still the same, only as we study the Old Testament we see the Gospel expounded upon & clarified upon in Book after Book until we get to Psalms and we find that ‘the seed of the woman” will actually first die on a cross, and lots (dice) will be cast for His clothes before He will come again to rule an reign.

The New Testament reveals to us finally the entire Gospel in detail. Jesus was able to walk His Disciples all of the way throgh the entire Old Testament and declare the Gospel to them. He said "in the volume of the Book it is written of ME (Luke 24:27-31 '27. And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.
28. And they drew nigh unto the village, whither they went: and he made as though he would have gone further.
29. But they constrained him, saying, Abide with us: for it is toward evening, and the day is far spent. And he went in to tarry with them.
30. And it came to pass, as he sat at meat with them, he took bread, and blessed it, and brake, and gave to them.
31. And their eyes were opened, and they knew him; and he vanished out of their sight.

Now, today we tell this SAME GOSPEL to our Children. Some of them accept it, and others don’t. The fate of Cain and Abel continues in an endless cycle.

As born again believers in Jesus Christ it is our commission to Witness to the Lost, not only our own Children (which is a must) but to all others as well:

Mark 16:15-19

15. And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
16. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
17. And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
18. They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.
19. So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God.
20. And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen.

God bless,

Stever

2005/6/25 10:32

Re:

Quote:
In absolute terms only God has 'immortality'. (1Tim 6:16) but, yes, I do think Adam and Eve would have had an endless life-expectancy. Oswald Chambers has a thought that if God had allowed man to eat of the tree of life in his rebellious state man would have become an incarnate devil.

The real point I was making is that 'eternal life' is not just 'life' described in terms of its length, but is 'qualitatively' eternal too.

philologos,

Could you please expand further on 'qualitatively eternal'?

2005/6/25 15:03

Re:

Dorcas said to Philogos:

Could you please expand further on 'qualitatively eternal'?"

Stever's response:

God's word tells us:

16. And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?

The same "eternal life" that the Israelites were looking forward to.

The same "eternal life" that Jesus Christ referred to in Mark 10:19-31
"29. And Jesus answered and said, Verily I say unto you, There is no man that hath left house, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my sake, and the gospel's,
30. But he shall receive an hundredfold now in this time, houses, and brethren, and sisters, and mothers, and children, and lands, with persecutions; and in the world to come eternal life.
31. But many that are first shall be last; and the last first."

The same "eternal life" that John referred to in John 3:14-16. Eternal life that means everlasting life.

14. And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:
15. That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
16. For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

The same "eternal life" referred to again by Christ in John 5:39-41
"39. Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
40. And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.
41. I receive not honour from men."

And, again in John 5:53-56
"53. Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.
54. Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.
55. For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.
56. He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him".

And, again in John 10:27-28
" 27. My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
28. And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand."

In John 17:3 it is finally clarified:
We will be in Christ, and Christ will be in God and we will all be in God together, forever. The word "know" is the same word as intercourse (when Adam "knew" Eve). We will know Christ, we will be in Him and He in us in a spriritual way, and He is in God. This is spiritual one-ness:
3. And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

Romans 2:7 clarifies it again:
7. To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:

And again, in Romans 6:23 "23. For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."

Titus 1:1-2 tells us: "1. Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God's elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness;
2. In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;"

Titus 3:7 " 7. That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life."

1 John 1:2 offers us further clarification that Eternal Life is Christ Jesus.
2. (For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us;)

1 John 5:11-12 " 11. And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.
12. He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life."

1 John 5:13 "13. These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God."

Revelation 21:1-7 sums up exactly when this all takes place:
1. And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
2. And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
3. And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
4. And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
5. And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.
6. And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.
7. He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.

At the end of time, after the 1,000 year reign of Christ, He will create a New Heaven and a New Earth and He will be our God and we will be His people in our new glorified resurrected bodies of flesh and bone (just like His). And God will wipe away our tears and we will be with Him forever (eternal life) because we will be in Him (Christ) and He (Christ) will be in God.

God bless,

Stever

2005/6/25 17:32

Re:

Dorcas said to Philogos:

Could you please expand further on 'qualitatively eternal'?"

Stever's continued response:

Eternal Life, with God: This is what the hope and belief of Job was (AND ALL BELIEVERS IN GOD AND THE SEED OF THE WOMAN- THE MESSIAH TO COME)-that he would stand with MESSIAH, at the end of days, in a New, Resurrected body:

Job 19:25-27
"25. For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth:
26. And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God:
27. Whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold, and not another; though my reins be consumed within me."

Know Him

John 14: 16-18
" 16. And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
17. Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye KNOW him; for he DWELLETH WITH YOU, and shall be IN you.
18. I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you."

What is the prize of the High Calling of God in Jesus Christ? It is Jesus Christ, He is our prize, he is our "High Calling" and someday we will be "in" Him!:

7. But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ.
8. Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,
9. And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:
10. That I may KNOW him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;
11. If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.
12. Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.
13. Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,
14. I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

1 John 5:20
" 20. And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may KNOW him that is true, and we are IN HIM that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and ETERNAL LIFE."

God bless,

Stever

2005/6/26 11:42

Re:

Dorcas said:
"In other words, there was a much grander plan in its infancy, in the garden of Eden, than Adam understood at the point in time when the serpent spoke to Eve, when he stood by and not only watched her throw away her own sinlessness, but, joined in by throwing away his own. I FIND IT REALLY HARD TO BELIEVE HE HAD THE HOLY SPIRIT WHEN HE DID THAT.

Stever's response:

Why is it so hard to believe that Adam sinned while having the Holy Spirit. Have you never sinned, ever by thought or deed since receiving the Holy Spirit?

Flesh and blood cannot inherit eternal life. Adam was made from the earth, created by God. We are also generated from this original Adam, of the same substance.

1 Cor 15:49-50 tells us the problem. Our flesh and blood is the problem. Until we receive our new glorified, resurrected bodies we will not be fit for heaven and the very presence of God:
" 49. And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.
50. Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption."

God bless,

Stever

2005/6/27 8:18

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy