SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Electric Dance Club Music now in Worship Services

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
PosterThread
savannah

Re: tasty

Sadly, most have a similar perspective in regard to the worship of God and evangelism, as they do of going to the restaurant and approaching the buffet.

It's all about their pallet and personal tastes. The Holy Throne of His Majesty has no place in their hearts, minds, or lives.

When a body becomes a business, nothing is pure.

Take heed not only what you hear but how!

Heydave posted a reminder, but how few will heed!

Even here on SI many are going with the flow.

But, remember...only dead fish go with the flow!

2017/7/18 19:10Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Yes savannah God only enjoys organs with huge pipes.

2017/7/18 19:16Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

churches singing only hymns with primitive music are turning the United States upside down. Youth are rushing headlong into them and getting saved by the thousands.

2017/7/18 19:20Profile
savannah

Re: pudding

The proof is in the pudding!

Just read TMK's posts. Thousands upon thousands of them,

Personally, I like chocolate!

2017/7/18 19:23Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:
TMK.....churches singing only hymns with primitive music are turning the United States upside down.

Yep! and in another 200 years, today's music will seem primitive. If you like the 1800's worship songs and pastors and evangelist, that's wonderful! that's your right, and I respect that, as long as I can receive the same respect, for the worship songs and pastors and evangelist, that minister to me.

Some folks have the attitude/opinion, all the real pastors and music of yesterday are long gone, that no other pastors or music will ever take their place. Yeah, my guess God has a different opinion and plans, unless he's just stopped working altogether and has just sat down.

2017/7/18 19:28Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

right on Bill.

If I recall Jesus freaked out the pharisees because he upset their status quo and threatened their position of power.

I guess it might be wise to keep that in mind when we freak out because someone is upsetting our status quo.

If time is very short before the Lord returns, as many folks here believe, it would seem that we would welcome any means possible that is effective in reaching as many unsaved persons as quickly as possible. Obviously more than one method must be used to reach this goal.

All hands on deck.

2017/7/18 20:53Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:
TMK....If time is very short before the Lord returns, as many folks here believe, it would seem that we would welcome any means possible that is effective in reaching as many unsaved persons as quickly as possible.

O that statement will get a lot of deer in the headlights looks. :-)

2017/7/18 21:01Profile
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Re: Electric Dance Club Music now in Worship Services

Music has a powerful effect on the human soul. Satan was the worship conductor in heaven before he fell.

There is soulish music that can move man to tears that is totally devoid of God's spirit.

I do believe we should use contemporary music. We can use all those toolboxes that music offers, but there are things that cross the line.

Sing to the Lord a new song the psalmist encourages us.

The difference is that, music should facilitate worship, not substitute it.

Why should we sell out to this sensually and loaded, hypnotic mind numbing music ? It is out of place when singers dressed in tight clothing sound as if they are sexually aroused.

Only the sword of the Spirit can discern between the soulish and the spiritual Heb 4:12.

Moses climbed the mountain to meet God.
The people were down below and started to offer peace and burned offerings and sung, than it got out of hand!

When numbing rock music would usher in the presence of God, I am sure Jesus would have told us.

There is a soulish counterfeit for worship in spirit and truth.

2017/7/19 1:59Profile

Re:

Some final thoughts:
Sad that so often the standards of a thread drop to such a low worldly level. But thank you those who shared different views in a constructive way.

Heydave - I was immediately thinking about this massage from Paul Washer too. Everyone should hear it but only the Spirit of God can open our eyes.

Abraham also thought time is getting short and he thought he could help God out a bit.

Here is one of the first songs I learned as a new Christian:
"The cross before me. The world behind me. No turning back. No turning back..."

Blessings...over and out...

2017/7/19 4:04
Heydave

Hampshire, UK

Re:

narrowpath, very well put. You have clearly expressed what is the real issue. Some try sarcastically to make it an issue of either 'modern' pop culture music or 18 century organ music. It is not that at all. I like new songs as much as older ones if they are 'spiritual' and not apeing the world and appealing to the soul and flesh.

The issue is that only a 'spiritual man can discern spiritual things'. A church that operates in the flesh has only the resources of the flesh to appeal to the soul and flesh of seekers. Therefore the church will become more and more ungodly.

I'm getting to the point of being tiered of seeing so much nonsense being posted on SI on various subjects. There seems to be no spiritual understanding of God and His word. Too many posts come from the influence of 'Has God said?' and we know where that comes from.

2017/7/19 4:06Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy