SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Electric Dance Club Music now in Worship Services

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
PosterThread
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Joshua-

You make a good point.

No one knows the end result with all the kids that went. Maybe tons got seriously saved, or had a true experience with God that will lead to deeper consecration. Obviously some went home unchanged. At minimum they seemed to be worshipping in the moment. Maybe a hunger for God was awakened.

But the bottom line is the vast vast majority of those kids would not have attended the conference at all if the worship consisted of acapella hymns. Not that there is anything wrong with acapella hymns, it's just not what kids today relate to.

Some of us old fogeys don't seem to understand that.

I have a fair amount of worship music from the groups you mention particularly Hillsong United. Lyrically many of the songs are very strong.

"Sovereign Hands"

Sovereign hands
Nailed to a humble cross
Scars you bear
Speak of your redeeming love
No wonder I call you the Savior
No wonder I'm singing

God of all the heavens
Now and 'til forever
High above the universe
God of our redemption
God of my surrender
The glory is yours

Sovereign God
Laying down a holy life
Heaven's Son
Willing to be crucified
No wonder I'm singing

Open hands
Given for a sovereign cause
All I have
God will be forever yours
No wonder I'm singing

Holy, holy, holy Lord
Holy, holy, holy Lord

2017/7/17 18:38Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:
Todd said: But the bottom line is the vast vast majority of those kids would not have attended the conference at all if the worship consisted of acapella hymns. Not that there is anything wrong with acapella hymns, it's just not what kids today relate to.

Some of us old fogeys don't seem to understand that.

Yes! I'm 65 and an old fogey, but i'm also not living in a time machine looking for a flux capacitor. You will probably never change the minds/hearts of most old fogey's, I just happen to be one lead by God and not man. Good Lord! please don't even think about mentioning where those folks may have come from in their life, drugs, bars, alcoholics, divorced parents,etc. we certainly would not want those kinds in our churches, listening to any music to help change their hearts and accept Jesus Christ into their lives. II Corinthians 13:4 & 7 tells us that His "love is patient and kind ... and is able to bear and endure all things." Maybe the Lord didn't think about this music that might be played in the Churches now days, to bring in the lost sheep, when he inspired Paul to write this.

2017/7/17 18:58Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re: Electric Dance Club Music now in Worship Services

As I read the OP I was reminded of something from A.B. Simpson;

"The church has a supernatural support. The ascended Christ with all the resources of His providential government is her Head and Light, and as He sends her forth her all sufficient guarantee is this, "All power is given unto me . . . and, lo, I am with you always." As the bride of the Lamb and the co-heir of all His boundless wealth, what business has she to go about with her hat in her hand begging the petty pittance of their gifts from the brewers, distillers, gamblers and speculators of the earth, selling tickets for strawberry festivals, broom drills and indescribable follies of every kind and vainly competing with the literary lecture bureau or with the cheap theater for platform entertainments to draw the masses, and sometimes stoop even to the promiscuous dance to attract visitors to her Sunday school picnic or help out the deficiency in the preacher's salary. God convict her and God deliver her!

The church has a supernatural destiny. Her calling is to be the glorious church, and, some day, when He presents her to Himself not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing, bright with all the glory of the Apocalyptic vision of the New Jerusalem, brightest of all with the reflected light and beauty of her Bridegroom and her Head, she will be the wonder of the universe; and they shall come from every star to gaze upon her while the attendant angels shall say, "Come hither, I will show you the bride, the Lamb's wife."

-excerpted from Present Truths or the Supernatural by A.B. Simpson

2017/7/17 20:17Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

I do understand the hesitancy because EDM is indeed played at raves that are decidedly ungodly including rampant drug use and sexual activity. There is no disputing that. The question is whether, because of that, this type of music is therefore "disqualified" from use in a Christian context.

1 Corinthians 9:19-23 For though I am free from all men, I have made myself a servant to all, that I might win the more; and to the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might win Jews; to those who are under the law, as under the law, that I might win those who are under the law; to those who are without law, as without law not being without law toward God, but under law toward Christ, that I might win those who are without law; to the weak I became as weak, that I might win the weak. ***I have become all things to all men, that I might by all means save some***. Now this I do for the gospel’s sake, that I may be partaker of it with you.

2017/7/17 20:17Profile

Re:

Thanks Ron for quoting from A.B. Simpson
Yes Jesus has all power and authority in heaven and on earth, meaning: the power of rule or government (the power of him whose will and commands must be submitted to by others and obeyed)
But we don't really fully understand and believe that.

TMK wrote:"EDM is indeed played at raves that are decidedly ungodly including...
The question is whether, because of that, this type of music is therefore "disqualified" from use in a Christian context. My answer to this is yes, absolutely... ! There is a good chance those "converts" might be "Ishmaels"
The Lord does not need any help from the enemy.

Quote: "I have become all things to all men, that I might by all means save some..."
We need to be careful with this. Eg it doesn't mean that we need to become alcoholics if we want to save some of them.

One thing i didn't like as an unsaved person was double standards among Christians. I didn't like the "world" therefore I didn't like worldly standards no matter where they were

2017/7/18 2:00
BranchinVINE

Australia

Re: Speaker quotes

On the other side of the coin, there is the danger of being “like to whitewashed sepulchres, which outwardly indeed do appear beautiful, and within are full of bones of dead men, and of all uncleanness” (Matt. 23:27 YLT).

I hesitate to judge. Those singing praises to God with drums and guitars may be true children of God.

“It happened when the ark of the covenant of the LORD came to the city of David, that Michal the daughter of Saul looked out of the window and saw King David leaping and celebrating; and she despised him in her heart” (1 Chr. 15:29 NASB).
“Therefore Michal the daughter of Saul had no child unto the day of her death” (2 Sam. 6:23 KJV).

And God does work mightily in the darkest place.

"Can any good thing come out of Nazareth?" (John 1:47).
"THE PEOPLE WHO WERE SITTING IN DARKNESS SAW A GREAT LIGHT, AND THOSE WHO WERE SITTING IN THE LAND AND SHADOW OF DEATH, UPON THEM A LIGHT DAWNED" (Matt. 4:16 NASB).

I don’t see how our ranting can change any heart.

“Thy power and Thine alone,
Can change the leper's spots
and melt the heart of stone.”

There is the more excellent path of intercessory prayer for God to mightily save the lost.

"I searched for a man among them who would build up the wall and stand in the gap before Me for the land, so that I would not destroy it; but I found no one” (Ezek. 22:30).

2017/7/18 2:21Profile
savannah

Re: LIGHTS...CAMERA...ACTION!!!

"God did some awesome things there in myself personally and in some of my students...13,000 students with their hands lifted worshiping God and tears flowing down their face..."

Sounds wonderful!

Q. What did they do the following month...and what are they doing now?

2017/7/18 13:21Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Savannah asked: Q. What did they do the following month...and what are they doing now?

Savannah, they're probably out carrying the gospel all over the world, unlike us, sitting here every day posting on SI.

2017/7/18 13:25Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: Electric Dance Club Music now in Worship Services

I love this website and all of you but shame on you, you are all a bunch of judgmental Christians! If you do not like EDM played at a church, then don't go to that church.

Gamaliel's Advice: "And now I say unto you, Refrain from these men, and let them alone: for if this counsel or this work be of men, it will come to nought: But if it be of God, ye cannot overthrow it; lest haply ye be found even to fight against God." ~ Acts 5:38-39

Also there is a church in Ohio north of Dayton called The First Heavy Metal Church of Christ and guess what they listen to?? lol I do not appreciate heavy metal but everyone who goes there does. And they actually dared to have church in bar for the first 2 or 3 years (Sunday's at 1:00 pm when it was closed), until they could save us to buy something.

Search the following words for The Today's Show interview with them...

"first heavy metal church of christ today show"

God bless,
Lisa

PS: Has any of this site read the book Bruchko? When he went to South America, the Lord sent him down there not to make the natives like Americans, walking around in white shirts and dress pants but to make them like Christ and he dressed like they did. THAT is a huge difference. That book is awesome if you want to read it and expand your faith.

2017/7/18 13:31Profile
savannah

Re: Mr Bill

To quote a well known song, since music is part of the issue;

"You may be right,but you may be wrong..."

And you really should speak for yourself! If that is all you do, I am sorry for you. I myself am about my Father's business. I don't spend all my time on SI.

May God revive His people!

Please check out the "Behold Your God" DVD study.

Again, may God revive us again!

2017/7/18 13:36Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy