SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Church of England: LGBT 'Not a Sin'

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
PosterThread
leyoung

Re:

Dear Saints,
I would like to jump in here with the testimony of a man who really speaks into this issue of homosexuality with his experience, origins, being raised in a Christian church, the personal turmoil and torment and the deliverance and salvation through Jesus Christ.

I've mentioned him here before and the powerful ministry God has given him but its worth mentioning over and over. We need to pray for men and women who have been set free of this sin and for their protection for in a hostile culture. Hostile referring to evil agendas as in the LGBT and hostile as in legalistic Christians who believe this is the unforgivable sin. Although now, as we know, many Christians have come to the place of trying to love the sinner without confronting the sin.

Jesus came to set the captives free. All of us!

I hope Greg won't mind me posting this YouTube of Dennis Jernigan's powerful testimony of Jesus Christ setting him free from the sin of homosexuality.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pPPW2zLcjYA

Also, I have purchased copies of the documentary of his testimony called "Sing Over Me" which the Lord has prompted me to give away many times....

May the Lord give you blessed insight as you listen to Dennis' testimony.

In Jesus,
Sis L

2017/7/16 14:13Profile
yuehan

Re:

Hi TMK,

You have not defined your terms, nor have you used biblical language. You need to think biblically on these matters, and renew your mind accordingly.

The biblical prescription for bondage to lust (heterosexual, homosexual) is not celibacy, it is liberty! - as ministered by the truth of God and His gospel of grace.

The liberty which Jesus brings is total, complete, and is for *everyone*. Part of the faith journey of every Christian is learning to lay hold of that freedom.

I've previously flagged this forum thread up - I've tried to clear up misconceptions on the LGBT issue here from a biblical perspective, and I believe it addresses all your points:

"The Trojan Horse of LGBT Concepts, and the Lack of Gospel Transformation"
https://img.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic_pdf.php?topic_id=58125&forum=35

2017/7/16 14:15Profile
Heydave

Hampshire, UK

Re:

I await Diane's answer to Frank.

Diane, I think in the light of what you have posted, you owe it to the saints on this forum to clarify your position on this issue.

2017/7/17 5:59Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

//Hi TMK,

You have not defined your terms, nor have you used biblical language. You need to think biblically on these matters, and renew your mind accordingly.//

Yes, I have failed miserably in trying to convey what I am getting at.

I don't think I disagree with anything you have written.

2017/7/17 8:37Profile

Re:

Dave writes........

"Diane, I think in the light of what you have posted, you owe it to the saints on this forum to clarify your position on this issue."

I think that is right Dave, I too await Diane's answer..........bro Frank

2017/7/17 12:07
proudpapa

Re:

RE : /// Jesus poured out his grace on the very ones whom, in that day, the moral police most condemned – the tax collectors and prostitutes. I’m sure Jesus would have added the homosexuals if they were on the radar of these moral police. Maybe there weren't many around Palestine.///

Jesus never condoned the sin of prostitution,
He never defended the sin nor the lifestyle of prostitution.
There is a large difference in showing grace and mercy to individuals whom are caught up in such sin's (that is what we are supposed to do)
from that of defending such sin's as acceptable lifestyles.

The issue in that day was that once people where marked by such sin's there was no redemption offered.
But Jesus brought redemption for such people : not so that they could continue in such sin but that they could be free'd from the guilt thus the power of such sin's.

2017/7/17 12:44Profile
rbanks

Re:

Hebrews 1:8-9
8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is forever and ever: a scepter of righteousness is the scepter of thy kingdom.
9 Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

So many today are not filled with the Holy Spirit. They compromise with sin in the name of Love. Jesus loved righteousness and hated all sinful behavior. When we are truly full of the Holy Spirit there will be an increase of love for righteousness as well as a hatred for all iniquity. We will have so much joy and gladness above our companions because God anoints us with this oil of gladness.

When we approve of any known sin that He has clearly stated as sin then we can't have this anointing from God.

This thing that some Christians call love...is nothing but the flesh and God hates it. Anytime we compromise and water down Gods word by not clearly stating what sin is...then we are in the flesh and not being led by the Holy Spirit.

This fleshly self love is not the love of God (it is of Satan) and it is pervading the lives of so many weak Christians today that many are so called loving those who are doing abominable things to the point that they are crossing the line of accepting the abomination in their own lives.

It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God. For God will judge all who approve of sinning against Him.

Blessings in the name of the Lord!

2017/7/18 9:01Profile

Re:

RB writes...............

"This thing that some Christians call love...is nothing but the flesh and God hates it. Anytime we compromise and water down Gods word by not clearly stating what sin is...then we are in the flesh and not being led by the Holy Spirit.

This fleshly self love is not the love of God (it is of Satan) and it is pervading the lives of so many weak Christians today that many are so called loving those who are doing abominable things to the point that they are crossing the line of accepting the abomination in their own lives."

Well said RB. Humanism is not the love of God. So many translate their own "feelings," as the love of God. It is ultimately a form of self worship. One final point, its not just that people are accepting of these sins, it is that they make enemies of those who do not. A truly divisive work of the enemy...............bro Frank

2017/7/18 13:35

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy