SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Are the scriptures alone sufficient to teach us doctrine?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
PosterThread

Re:

___To embrace Jesus is to embrace His Scripture.

To embrace His Scripture is to embrace Him.___

I would agree with the above. We are told on 2nd Timothy 3:16-17,

___All scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be adequate equipped for every good work.___

I'm sensing in my spirit that something will be going down soon. And as one sister said it will not be pretty. I have no idea what it is. But I sense if we do not lay hold of the simplicity of Jesus and His word. If we do not lay hold of the simplicity of the Spirit and cultivate the relationship of being lead by Him. We will not endure what will surely cone upon us.

Our brothers and sisters in persecuted lands are sustained by simple trust in the Lord Jesus and His word. They are not sustained by systematic theology or commentaries or exegetical works.

I've read accounts where Richard Wurmbrand who was an astute theologian and could speak 5 or more languages. He forgot much of his theology and the languages he had learned when he was imprisoned by the Germans and then later by the Communists. He recounts that the only name he could remember was Jesus.

Even brothers and sisters who have memorized extensive portions of scripture find themselves forgetting what they've memorized because the constant persecution of enduring prison. Yet that is not to say that we should not memorize scripture as Bibles will certainly not be available during the certain persecution to come on America.

Believers imprisoned in shipping containers in Eritrea consider verses on slips of paper more precious than even food itself. So these precious slips of paper become spiritual food for their soul. They will memorize the verses on the scraps of paper. Then pass the scraps of paper on to other imprisoned saints for them to memorize and meditate on. If the guards find these scraps of paper is in the hands of those in prison period torture and perhaps death will certainly follow. Yet they adore the certain persecutions to get the word of God into their heart.

Brethren it is time for you to put aside your commentaries and systematic theologies. It is time for you to lay hold of Jesus. It is time for you to lay hold of His word. John MacArthur and John Calvin are not going to sustain you in the FEMA death camps. It will only be Jesus and his word that you have stored up in your heart that will sustain you.

I know some of you will reject what I'm saying. You're putting your hope in a fictional pre-trib rapture that will deliver you out of the persecutions to come. I have no illusion that many despise what I'm saying in this forum. Better man than me such as David Wilkerson and Leonard Ravenhill have warned of the persecutions to come upon this nation. But I feel constrained to say that we must prepare while it is relatively calm. I speak of spiritual preparation.

If we are not immersing herself in Jesus and His word. We will be too late when the roundups start.
I pray that God will awaken a remnant to immerse themselves in prayer and the word of Christ period so that they will be prepared when persecution comes up on the American Church.

Bro Blaine

2017/6/1 11:51
proudpapa

yuehan

yuehan ,

When I woke up this morning before I started the computer , I thought about you ,
I thought I have not seen yuehan post anything in a while.
and than I got on SI and I see an encouraging word from you.

2017/6/2 1:07Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy