SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Bible Answer Man' converts to Eastern Orthodoxy

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread
TakeUptheCross

Germany

Re:

Quote:
It is good to note that a large part of the persecuted church are coptic (orthodox christians) almost all the persecuted believers 80% are these in middle eastern countries. I do not believe that is an exaggeration.

I do not know where do you take this statistics from. Even if it was true (which I cannot prove), let's remember that still doesn't justify Orthodoxy!

Bulgaria's official religion is Eastern Orthodoxy. This has helped probably that the nation retains something about God in their thoughts - like celebrating the Resurrection, the Birth of Christ. Another good thing, I find, is that Christian media still somehow reaches the nation through the national television etc. BUT apart from that, brother, (and I am very grieved to tell you this) they preach POISON. The additions to and substractions from the Word of the Lord are horrible. And the point is not only that certain things are not even mentioned in the Bible, but they are taught and believed as truth!

I will give you just one example regarding Easter: (apart from the eggs and bunnies, which are also unbiblical)
- "The Holy Fire" - which they claim "falls down from heaven" in Jerusalem on Pascha and only to the Orthodox Church. Pilgrims and clergy claim that in the first minutes the fire does not burn them.

All these bowing to icons, kissing images, doing this and doing that - where is God in all that? It sounds much more like... "God, your way of worship is way too simple. We will enhance it." And therefore they add doctrine upon doctrine, and tradition after tradition until you cannot even discern what was from man and what is really in the Bible, except you really know the Word of God or God's Spirit leads you.

Nothing justifies the Orthodox Church! Just like I will never, by God's grace, accept the Pope as a successor of Apostle Peter or Head of the Church or Spokesman of Christ or whatever he holds himself to be, I will never accept also Orthodox Christianity - and for me in essence they are the same!

2017/4/15 15:07Profile
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

James White answer is very right for this time as does he become the Eastern Orthodox Answer Man

Can a Consistent Eastern Orthodox Believer Be the Bible Answer Man?
https://youtu.be/F5EPs9EqIsc

As Eastern Orthodox does not believe in Sola Scriptura and the Solas which make protestantism, if Walter Martin was alive he would convince him to repent.

Walter Martin the Greatest Danger in the Church Today
https://youtu.be/78wRKmmnwhY

it is worthwhile listening to Walter Martins library on
http://www.waltermartin.com/

It is convenient that the article on the Eastern Orthodox has been conveniently pulled from CRM.

The doctrines he has pulled himself out of, have put himself outside the Christian faith.

To me he is one of many Dominos that in the Mere Christianity Crowd that have sold there souls to the ecumenical movement even thou it is not the Catholic Church, the icons and the bells and smells are very like it

https://answersingenesis.org/world-religions/eastern-orthodoxy/
"Salvation and Deification

One of the great points of confusion among outsiders trying to understand Orthodoxy is the concept of “deification” or “theosis.” Translated, the thought is “becoming god.” To most Westerners this concept is totally alien. Paul does, of course, speak of being “conformed to the image of Christ” (Romans 8:29). Is that all the Orthodox mean by theosis? No, it is not. In fact, the Orthodox have a major and complex theology built around the idea of deification."

he defends this
http://www.equip.org/video/eastern-orthodoxy-theosis/

How if you defend this can you defend against the cults and other groups

I think it turned me of Hank hanigraff support for Stephen Sizer and then his Old Earth Creation View

Jill Martin saw the dangers of him early on
http://www.waltermartin.com/2007/12/tim-lahaye-and-hank-hanegraaff-men.html

Jill Martins is Walter Martins daughter

It is so hard with the Apostasy that is almost like a swamp in the church at the moment.

2 Thessalonians 2New King James Version (NKJV)
The Great Apostasy

2 Now, brethren, concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, we ask you, 2 not to be soon shaken in mind or troubled, either by spirit or by word or by letter, as if from us, as though the day of Christ[a] had come. 3 Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin[b] is revealed, the son of perdition, 4 who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God[c] in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.

5 Do you not remember that when I was still with you I told you these things? 6 And now you know what is restraining, that he may be revealed in his own time. 7 For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only He[d] who now restrains will do so until He[e] is taken out of the way. 8 And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord will consume with the breath of His mouth and destroy with the brightness of His coming. 9 The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, 10 and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11 And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie, 12 that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

I remember working in the Christian bookshop and going through the books and just going through the books and just going on Walter Martin definition of what a cult is and wanting desperately to find books to recommend to people and not being able to find any it makes me so sad as I desperately want to find some and Christian music

I desperately feel so dry in the Holy Spirit and need Life so much and am probably the worst sinner in the world.

If Walter Martin was alive he would find more Cults to add such as the New Apostolic Reformation movement people like Bill Johnson and crew. There are so many other such as Rick Warrens Purpose Driven Life. Andy Stanley, Steven Furtick.
Then the emergent church movement and others. It seems people are selling out to the Catholic Church seeing it is another denomination or the Interfaith Movement.
William Lane Craig saying that Roman Catholic Church is just another denomination

The Reformation is important and it is the thing that differentiates us from the Catholic Church
The Pope Video – Inter-religious Dialogue - January 2016
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nq7us5Lf5IU

William Tyndale and others did not give there blood for no reason. We are coming up to the 500th Celebrations of the Reformation, I think we need another one.

2017/4/15 17:39Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

I did more checking on the web and discovered more issues about Handergraff that I believe one should sit up and take notice.

Here is one:

https://answersingenesis.org/blogs/ken-ham/2013/05/09/hank-hanegraaffs-abuse-of-biblical-truth/

James teaches us "For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles in one [point], he has become guilty of all." I have observed that one cannot just be guilty of one sin. One sin may be obvious to all but there are other sins in its infancy lurking about just ready to be exposed at the opportune time.

As in Handergraff's case one can with more checking find other issues that give one pause.

If Handergraqff is on a journey to authenticity I hope he will find it but you will not find it in a brick and mortar facility or intellectualism.

Sandra

2017/4/15 17:50Profile
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

this is a scary one about the Local Church
https://www.moriel.org/component/k2/item/690-hank-hanegraaff-supports-the-local-church.html

He should resign from being the Bible Answer Man as he cannot become the Bible and Traditions Man!

2017/4/15 18:00Profile

Re:

...He should resign from being the Bible Answer Man as he cannot become the Bible and Traditions Man!...

Well our brother Wayne suggested HH could be

The Credal Answer Man. 😊

Bro Blaine

2017/4/15 18:37
TakeUptheCross

Germany

Re: Note to all

Just want to add that before we go on and search through the whole life of Hanegraaf we should beware ourselves that we do not miss the point! That we ourselves know Christ and worship Him and serve Him as we ought to!

As for our brethren in the Middle East, brother Greg, do not think that I despise them or anything. I do not know much about the Christians in the Middle East. This much I know that "in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him." So God is the Judge and the One, who justifies! And having said that, I still stick to the statement that Orthodox religion is not what the Bible teaches and we are called to follow Christ not traditions of men.

2017/4/15 20:06Profile

Re: The Other Suffering Church in the Middle East

There are many in the Middle East who are coming out of Islam. They are choosing to follow Jesus. These former Muslims call themselves "Christ followers" or "Jesus followers". These Muslim Background Believers or MBB's are not welcome in the Coptic or Orthodox Church. Thus they meet underground in house fellowships.

This I believe is the true remnant church as many of these former Muslims who follow Jesus endure persecution. For they are in the shadow of the cross.

Bro Blaine

2017/4/16 7:21
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Here is an official response by Hank H. on his website:

Through Christian Research Institute staff and friends, I’ve become aware of chatter on the Internet—the gist of which is that I’ve walked away from the Christian faith. Amid Holy Week I pray that those forwarding this notion may have an ever-deeper encounter with our crucified and resurrected Lord. May they and their loved ones be blessed and their faith strengthened. If I have caused any to stumble, I humbly ask forgiveness.
My purpose in this post is not so much to respond but to reassure. As I have never been more in love with my wife and family, so, too, I have never been more in love with the Lord Jesus and His body the church. As such,
I confess my faith in the deity of Jesus Christ — “the only-begotten Son of God, begotten of the Father before all ages; Light of Light, true God of true God, begotten not created, of one essence with the Father, through whom all things were made.”
I affirm the doctrine of original sin — “sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all people, because all sinned” (Romans 5:12).
I am deeply committed to “the church of the living God, the pillar and foundation of the truth” (1 Timothy 3:15) and to the Holy Scriptures, the only infallible repository of redemptive revelation (2 Timothy 3:15–16).
I love the Holy Trinity — one God revealed in three Persons eternally distinct. And am deeply grateful that the true and living God invites us to participate in the loving relationships that Father, Son, and Holy Spirit have enjoyed throughout eternity.
I hold to the glorious reality that Jesus “rose on the third day, according to the Scriptures. He ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of the Father.”
I am grateful to the Lord Jesus “who for us and for our salvation came down from heaven and was incarnate of the Holy Spirit and the Virgin Mary and became man.”
I thank God daily that I am a new creation in Christ. For by grace I have been saved through faith, and that not of myself; it is the gift of God, not of works lest I should boast. “For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them” (see Ephesians 2:8–10).
“I look for the resurrection of the dead, and the life of the age to come.”
While there are many secondary issues genuine believers will continue to debate this side of eternity, I have and will always champion what C.S. Lewis called mere Christianity. “In essentials unity, non-essentials liberty, and in all things charity.”
Hank Hanegraaff
Holy Week 2017

2017/4/16 8:52Profile
proudpapa

Re:

I found it disturbing that Hank said of the Roman Catholic Church that he believed that it was a truth Church.

I am not against believing that there might be some true Christians whom have not yet totally left the RCC but to claim that the system of the RCC is a truth church I find extremely disturbing.

2017/4/16 9:27Profile

Re:

I found Hank's response, shared here by Greg, very sad. It reminded me of the first three chapters of Bonhoffer's book " The Cost of Discipleship." In those first three chapters Dietrich lays out exactly what had happened to the second generation of the Lutheran church. It went from an alive vital, radical changed heart generation to a generation who had a mere mental assent to abstract truth. If they could say yes to a series of theological questions then they considered themselves saved, when in fact they were not new creatures in Christ at all but men who had head knowledge.

I want all married people to consider this for a moment. You meet someone who claims to know your husband or your wife. They begin to describe them too you. It quickly becomes apparent if they actually know them or not. There is a knowing, a witness of the spirit. It is not a head knowledge but a hearts witness............bro Frank

2017/4/16 11:28

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy