SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : In the Shadow of His Cross...Pt. 2

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re: Sat. AM...3/4/17

DAY 2: PRAY FOR CHRISTIANS IN SOMALIA

READ: HEBREWS 13:13

So, let us go out to Him outside the camp, bearing His reproach.

Since the downfall of Ziad Barre in 1991, Somalia has become a safe-haven for Islamic militants. Christian converts from Islam in the country have been facing a great deal of persecution, and martyrdom is very common. The mere suspicion of one’s having renounced Islam leads to a rushed public execution.

PRAY: Today, I pray for my persecuted siblings in Somalia. Lord, protect and provide. Meet their needs and show them Your everlasting hope. You are the God of shalom; Lord, bring peace. – Amen

Please do keep our persecuted brothers and sisters in the nation of Somalia and your prayers.

Bro Blaine

2017/3/4 5:39

Re: Sat. PM...4/4/17

Saints please join with this dear brother as he cries out for his beloved nation of Somalia.

http://www.prayercast.com/phone/somalia.html

Bro Blaine 

2017/3/4 17:45

Re: Sun. AM...3/5/17

Dear Saints,

I can no longer cut and paste from the Open Doors prayer guide through Lent. But I believe the Holy Spirit has givien me another way to encourage us to keep praying for our persecuted family during this Lent season.

Day 3...Praying for Afghanustan 

Christians in Afghanistan experience extreme persecution. Severe pressure on believers, resulting from Islamic oppression, is exerted mostly by families, friends and community, but also by local religious leaders. The state authorities are weak, and Islam is viewed as a welcome unifying factor, especially as society agrees that conversion away from Islam cannot be tolerated. Many who convert from Islam to Christianity are murdered once their extended families learn of their new faith. In other families, Christian converts are delivered to mental hospitals under the premise that no one in their right mind would ever choose to leave Islam. In any case, converts usually lose their rights to personal property and possessions, effectively leaving them destitute. This can occur even upon the mere suspicion of conversion — a fear tactic that leads family members to react all the more harshly in curbing even the slightest hints of interest in Christianity.

PRAYER POINTS FOR AFGHANISTAN

Pray for believers in Afghanistan who lack fellowship, especially new converts who fear telling anyone about their faith in Christ.

Pray for those who lose worldly possessions to persecution when they gain eternal life.

Pray that they would be able to forgive their persecutors to the glory of God.

Please keep these Afghan believers in your prayers who are in the shadow of the cross.

Bro Blaine 

2017/3/5 5:11

Re: Sun. PM...4/5/17

A brother cries out for his country of Afghanistan.

http://www.prayercast.com/phone/afghanistan.html

Please pray that Jesus will shine in the hearts of those who are in darkness in Afghanustan. Please pray that God will strengthen his little flock who are in the shadow of His cross in that nation.

Bro Blaine 

2017/3/5 18:49

Re: Mon. AM...3/6/17

Day 4...Pray for Christians in Pakistan 

John 16:33

These things I have spoken to you, so that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world.

There are multiple groups of Christians experiencing persecution in Pakistan. Historical Christian communities exist openly, but have to put up with stringent rules and constant monitoring, while Christian converts from Islam suffer the brunt of persecution from both radical Islamic groups and families and neighbors. Protestant Christian communities are under close scrutiny and suffer frequent attacks, especially when they are active in outreach amongst Muslims. Violent persecution is common. Christians are targets for murder, bombings, abduction of women, rape, forced marriages and eviction from home and country. Unjust and arbitrary blasphemy laws are used to punish Christians and prevent evangelism.

Pray for both military and terrorist leaders, that they would encounter and heed conviction.

Pray that Christians being persecuted by their families will be faithful witnesses.

Pray for Christians in Pakistan, especially those who are evangelizing and risk being charged with blasphemy by friends, family and neighbors.

Pray for Asia Bibi who has been sentenced to death in Pakistan for her testimony of Jesus.

Lord Jesus strengthen your little flock in Pakistan. May they be faithful witnesses of you. Protect those who are evangelizing and testifying of you. Protect those who have been imprisoned under the blasphemy laws such as our sister Asia Bibi. Dear God bring Justice to your chosen flock in Pakistan. For I pray this in Jesus name. Amen.

Bro Blaine

2017/3/6 6:05

Re: Mon, PM...3/6/17

A brother prays for his home country of Pakistan.

http://www.prayercast.com/phone/pakistan.html

Let us remember our brothers and sisters who are under persecution in the nation. Let us pray that the gospel goes forth in Pakistan.

Bro Blaine 

2017/3/6 18:42

Re: Tues. AM...3/7/17

Day 5...Pray for Christians in Sudan

2  Corithians 12:9 -10

And He said to me, :My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness."  Most gladly therefore I will rather boast about my weaknesses so that the power of Christ may dwell in me.  Therefore I am well content with weaknesses, with insults, with disstresses, with persecutions, with difficulties, for Christ's sake, for when I am weak, then I am strong.

Sudan has been on the World Watch List since 1993 and has almost always been ranked in the top 20 over the years. Persecution in the country is systematic and reminiscent of ethnic cleansing. Under the authoritarian rule of al-Bashir and his party, there is no true rule of law in Sudan; freedom of expression has been almost entirely curtailed. The ethnic-cultural landscape is complicated and divisive: Arab versus Ethnic Africans, Muslims versus Christians. Historically, Islam is deeply embedded in Sudan’s society and the government is strictly implementing a one-religion, one culture and one language policy, which results in the persecution of Christians. Arrests, attacks and murders plague all Christian communities in the country, particularly those living in the Nuba mountains.

My Lord Jesus may your sweet grace rest upon our dear brothers and sisters in Sudan.

Please dear saints.......

Pray for Sudanese Christians who risk all for the sake of the gospel, evangelizing and preaching to those around them in spite of the risks.

Pray for Sudan’s leaders, that their hearts would be radically changed by the gospel.

Pray for Christians who could face the death penalty if their conversion from Islam is discovered.

For Him who was slain.

Bro Blaine 

2017/3/7 7:07

Re: Tues. PM...3/7/17

A sudanese brother prays a fervent prayer for Sudan.

http://www.prayercast.com/phone/sudan.html

Bro Blaine 

2017/3/7 20:04

Re: Wed. AM...3/8/27

Day 6...Pray for Christians in Syria

Psalm 82:3

Vindicate the weak and fatherless.
Do justice to the afflicted and destitute.

The overall situation in Syria is characterized by heavy persecution of all types of Christians in areas held by IS and other Islamic militants. Many Christians have already fled areas that are held by Islamic militants (including IS) or that were destroyed during the conflict. The Syrian opposition is becoming increasingly “Islamized” and the civil war is morphing into a form of jihad against the Syrian government. The geographical concentration of remaining Christians in strategic areas is an important factor in their vulnerability to attack, as is their alleged support for the government. Most churches are in ruins, yet some Christians make a deliberate choice to stay and reach out to their fellow countrymen with the gospel.

My Lord Jesus may those on Syria know your all embracing love.  May your peace rule and reign in the hearts of those who are in Syria.

Please.......

Pray for believers in Syria who haven’t fled the country.

Pray that they would be used as strong witnesses of Christ’s love to fellow Syrians.

Pray for the justice of Christ to draw the oppressed people of Syria to Him.

Bro Blaine

2017/3/8 8:24

Re: Wed. PM...3/8/17

Day 6...Praying for Christians in Syria

What does it mean to be a Christian in Syria?

Liena and her family turned down offers of asylum in Western countries after the civil war broke out in Syria.  They knew the cost that might be required , but they chose to remain as witnesses to their Muslim neighbors and as an encouragement to other Christians.

Liena was a dedicated Christian, faithful wife,, and mother of two.  In her prayers, she asked God to use her to reach more people.

Watch the dramatic testimony of Liena's prayer, as she struggles with a difficult decision of how much she can offer, God.

You may never pray the same again after watching this video.

Though reenacted, some parts of the video will require viewer discretion.

https://youtu.be/ceJ9Emobfow

After watching the video, you see the answer to the question of what it means to be a Christian in Syria. But then the question needs to be asked of us. Is this what it means to be a Christian?

I do not know lf Liena and her dear husband and her children are still alive.  But they did choose to lay it all down for God.

...No man is a fool to give up what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose...Jim Elliott

... If anyone wishes to come after me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross daily and follow Me. For whoever wishes to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake, he is the one who will save it. But what is a man profited if he gains the whole world and loses or forfeits himself?  For whoever is ashamed of Me and My words, the Son of Man will be ashamed of him when He comes in His glory, and the glory of the father and of the holy angels...Luke 9:23-26.

For truly, these are the ones who are in the shadow of the cross. Please let us remember brothers and sisters in Syria. Please let us remember our persecuted brothers and sisters around the world in our prayers.

Bro Blaine

2017/3/8 20:37

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy