SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Good Friday, or Good Thursday?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread

Re: Crsschk

Believe me, I understand. Is it any wonder we have all these denominations and so on. Whew. You have to take notes to keep up these days, at least I do. You know I love you dear brother. God bless you real good.

2005/6/14 20:21

Re: The Feasts of the Lord

I have been continuing my Bible Study in Leviticus 23 in regards to the Feasts of the Lord.

There are other feasts that have not yet taken place in another month- the month of Tishri (it used to be the first month, but now it is the 7th month on the Jewish Religious Calendar) WE SEE A PICTURE/PROPHECY OF CHRIST'S SECOND COMING, RIGHT TO THE VERY MONTH & DAY- THE 10TH OF TISHRE ALL WILL SEE HIM. ON THE 15TH OF TISHRE HIS FEET WILL TOUCH THE MOUNT OF OLIVES AND HE WILL END THE TRIBULATION THEN & THERE!

During Tishri we have the feast of Trumpets on the 1st day (in Rabinnical writings, this was referred to as the memorial for the 1st day of creation!), then we have the Day of Atonement on the 10th (a Memorial, a "Holy Convocation" or High Sabbath), and then we have the feast of Tabernacles, starting on the 15th (another Holy Convocation), and going through the 22nd of the month- the "8th day"- which was another Holy Convocation or High Sabbath (the #8 is a number that represents "New Beginnings", which is a reference to the 1,000 year reign of Christ on this earth).

I would like to focus on the Day of Atonement, the 10th day of the month. It describes Jesus Christ's second coming to His people, the Jews, who have come to belief in Him during the Tribulation. In Zech 12:9-14 we have an excellent description of this wonderful day as follows: "9 And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem. 10 And I will pour
upon the house of David, and upon the nhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have PIERCED, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his first born. 11 In that day shall there be a great mourning in Jerusalem, as the mourning of Hadadrimmon in the valley of Megiddon. 12 And the landshall mourn, every family apart; the family of the house of David apart, and their wives apart; the family of the houseof Nathan apart, and their wives apart;
13 The family of the house of Levi apart, and their wives apart; the family of Shimei apart, and their wives apart; 14 All the families that remain, every family apart,and their wives apart."

It also continues as follows in Chapter 13:1-6 of Zech as follows: "1 In that day there shall be a fountain opened to the house of David and to the inhabitants of Jerusalem for sin and for uncleanness. 2 And it shall come to pass in that day, saith the LORD of hosts, that I will cut off the names of the idols out of the land, and they shall no more be remembered: and also I
will cause the prophets and the unclean spirit to pass out of the land. 3 And it shall come to pass, that when any shall yet prophesy, then his father and his mother that begat him shall say unto him, Thou shalt not live; forthou speakest lies in the name of the LORD: and his father and his mother that begat him shall thrust him through when he prophesieth. 4 And it shall
come to pass in that day, that the prophets shall be ashamed every one of his vision, when he hath prophesied; neither shall they wear a rough garment to deceive: 5 But he shall say, I am no prophet, I am an husbandman; for man
taught me to keep cattle from my youth. 6 And one shall say unto him, What are these wounds in thine hands? Then he shall answer, Those with which I was wounded in the house of my friends.

I truly think that the Jews that come to believe in Christ, as well as others who also come to believe in Christ and that are still alive on the earth at the end of the 7 years of Tribulation will see Christ, who the Jews have pierced, on the 10th day of Tishri (the day of Atonement). On the 15th day his feet will
touch the mount of Olives and He will end it all then and the celebration will start. On the 22nd second day of the month (the 8th day) , a day of Holy Convocation or High Sabbath, A day of "New Beginnings", the 1,000 year reign of Christ will start on earth.

Lev 23:39-41 (KJV) sums is it up:

39 Also in the fifteenth day of the seventh month, when ye have gathered in the fruit of the land, ye shall keep a feast unto the LORD seven days: on the first day shall be a Sabbath, and on the EIGHTH DAY shall be a Sabbath. 40 And ye shall take you on the first day the boughs of goodly trees, branches of palm trees, and the boughs of thick trees, and willows of the
brook; and ye shall rejoice before the LORD your God seven days. 41 And ye shall keep it a feast unto the LORD seven days in the year. It shall be a statute for ever in your generations: ye shall celebrate it in the seventh month (Tishri).

Fascinating? You bet it is. The problem is that in this modern age we have very little, if any understanding of the feasts of the Jews, as ordered by God in the Book of Leviticus. In the Hebrew Bible, it is not called Leviticus. It is named "And HE called", meaning God called. These are not the feasts of Moses or anyone else. These are the feasts of the Lord that the Jews were commanded to keep forever, as a memorial. They also offer us a picture, a prophecy, of the 2nd coming of Christ and the start of the thousand year reign of Jesus Christ on this earth.

God bless,

Steve Goltra

2005/6/15 23:18

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy