SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : DO NOT GLORY IN YOUR FAVORITE TEACHER!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re: Frank Lira

///And even Moses took advise from his Father-in law.///

Excellent point brother.

Bro Blaine

2016/12/27 11:41

Re: Greg

Matthew 23:8-12 (NASB)

8 But do not be called Rabbi; for One is your Teacher, and you are all brothers. 9 Do not call anyone on earth your father; for One is your Father, He who is in heaven. 10 Do not be called [a]leaders; for One is your Leader, that is, Christ. 11 But the greatest among you shall be your servant. 12 Whoever exalts himself shall be humbled; and whoever humbles himself shall be exalted.

Brother is above not the New Covenant model that Jesus lays out in the assembly? If we would follow the model above in submission to the Spirit. I believe we would avoid the issues being discussed here.

Again brother simply my thoughts.

Bro Blaine

2016/12/27 11:47

Re:

When I paraphrased the scriptures in the OP I did not see Paul's message being that the Corinthians were unsubmissive to leaders. Rather it was almost the opposite.

"Let me ask you, who are these men who God has used so much to plant churches and minister to congregations? They are nothing more than God’s servants through whom God was able to bring to you the good news about Christ, yet you elevate them much higher than this by the way you boast about them and compare them against one another. They are nothing more than unprofitable servants who are doing their part as the Lord has gifted them."

The danger of sites like this one and hugely popular ministries that have so many people following them, that even the world sits up and takes notice - is that we can EASILY elevate a leader beyond what is required. They are to be submitted to as is the case for any organization. But they are not better than anyone else and they are not infallible and they are certainly not beyond reproach.

Paul calls a believer CARNAL when that believer is so enamored by one particular leader that he elevates that leader in his mind and puts him in a superior class of person who is almost untouchable. And then fights for and defends his particular favorite leader. This is what CARNAL believers do, according to Paul.

2016/12/27 13:27
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

I believe that the greatest danger for any minister that has a true calling of God is that he would become an overnight success and be lifted up in pride, and when this is the case, there will most certainly be a fall if God does not intervene.

The greatest danger for Christians is to look at the giftings of men and see the man as being great and not giving God the glory. Many young Christians that have idolized the man of God have fallen when their idol fell.

The character development of the minister is of great importance. It is very dangerous to put gifting ahead of character. Humility and cross bearing should be one of the main traits that we look for in any servant of God.

2016/12/27 15:14Profile

Re:

“Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.”
Abraham Lincoln

2016/12/27 15:29

Re:

Amen Mike and let me tell you how many of these very gifted leaders who lack so terribly, are able to get away with many bad things. They flatter others and shower them with gifts and money and introduce them to their influential networks. In other words they buy off any who might be a voice of discipline in their lives. This EXACT scenario happened to a young minister friend of mine. He was plyed with first class trips, 5 star hotels and $10,000 cash. From that day on he never had an issue with prosperity preachers or those who take money from Gods people to enrich themselves. He had been "bought"- silenced!

2016/12/27 15:30

Re:

"or those who take money from Gods people to enrich themselves. He had been "bought"- silenced!"

True enough but give the prosperity preachers some credit, at least they do not hide the fact that they are enriching themselves and are consistent with their warped understanding of the Gospel. Far, far worse are those who enrich themselves by fleecing the sheep while pretending to be serving the poor.

2016/12/27 16:16
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
True enough but give the prosperity preachers some credit, at least they do not hide the fact that they are enriching themselves and are consistent with their warped understanding of the Gospel. Far, far worse are those who enrich themselves by fleecing the sheep while pretending to be serving the poor.

brother,

we have made a public statement in regards to this and if you want to continue on a tirade of comments SermonIndex is "not" the place to do so. You can easily find other forums where its a no-holds barred situation of being able to defame any ministry or individual. We simply want to focus on the Lord and not keep bringing up accusations and faults that are even not all fully proven at all and therefore gossip.

An Announcement in regards to Gospel For Asia / K. P. Yohannan
http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=58446&forum=16

2016/12/27 16:20Profile
savannah

Re: quick sand

Novices and self-righteous people are quick to speak, quick to become angry, and slow to listen. They're also quick to condemn, and not notice their own cesspool that they're swimming in.

2016/12/27 21:52Profile

Re:

So true sister savanah. That is your name right sis?

2016/12/27 22:07

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy