SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : But if any man seem to be contentious...

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
UntoBabes

Oregon

Re:

I believe a contentious person here would be in reference to someone who, having heard the apostle give a thorough argument for the headcover, would continue to oppose its practice.

2016/12/27 17:05Profile

Re:

"having heard the apostle give a thorough argument for the headcover, would continue to oppose its practice. "

I do not oppose its practice in the slightest, did you think that I did sister?

2016/12/27 17:43
UntoBabes

Oregon

Re:

I am sorry, i am not referring to anyone in this forum. I do not know what your convictions are. Please do not take it personally. I am referring to however the apostle has in mind
in the text.

2016/12/27 18:03Profile

Re:

"I am sorry, i am not referring to anyone in this forum. I do not know what your convictions are. Please do not take it personally. I am referring to however the apostle has in mind in the text."

I have no convictions about this except I wish those with an agenda would be quiet because it continually creates strife. Sermon Index is not a church last time I checked so why not let this be an issue for each local church to sort out? What is to be gained by continually rehashing these issues time and time again?

Those are my convictions:-)

2016/12/27 18:43
UntoBabes

Oregon

Re:

Well, I personally soldemn get involved in such arguments but that is only because I believe there are more important issues out there to be concerned with and my time does not allow me to be involved in it all. But I would not consider someone who thinks this issue is important someone with an agenda, nor do I think this issue to be up to individual churches to decide. If it is a command, then it is meant for all believers. And if Paul himself thought it to be important to spend a whole chapter on, then who are we to argue with the Holy Spirit who inspired him. Having said that, I would never judge somebody for practicing or not practicing this command, because I myself did not see it till later in my Christian walk.

2016/12/27 19:08Profile

Re:

Getting every church to comply with this and not just at the local level would be an interesting task. I picture a vast worldwide hierarchical church network handing down decrees and demanding adherence to certain commands and practices...or else!

I think the reason that this is so contentious is because it is regarded by many to be a command from God. And if a command from God is disobeyed then there is no other way to put it except that those who are disobeying are living in perpetual rebellion and sinning against God.

That is a very serious thing for a believer to be doing and there are very serious consequences.

2016/12/27 19:14

Re:

Well since these head covering threads keep popping up on SI over and over again, I would say it is safe to assume there is an agenda here on this site.

2016/12/27 19:19
UntoBabes

Oregon

Re:

I think there is a bit of a logical fallacy in what you're saying. You are assuming that having a universal standard of moral absolutes for all christ followers will create higherarchy, but that is not the case. Jesus never meant that his commands be coerced, neither are we to live them only when we feel like it . It is neither nor. They are to be taken seriously yet obeyed willingly . The Holy Spirit alone is the convicting agent.

2016/12/27 19:36Profile

Re:

"You are assuming that having a universal standard of moral absolutes for all christ followers will create higherarchy, but that is not the case. Jesus never meant that his commands be coerced, neither are we to live them only when we feel like it . It is neither nor. They are to be taken seriously yet obeyed willingly . The Holy Spirit alone is the convicting agent."

I am not assuming that at all because I am not putting head coverings into the column of moral absolutes. If I did then a great deal of my friends and family members are on their way to hell.

2016/12/27 19:46
UntoBabes

Oregon

Re:

I don't think we need to be afraid of having an agenda. When I go witness to somebody, I definitely have an agenda in mind. My agenda is that they would come to see the truth of Christianity. But if SI has some guilines against agendas, then people need to respect that. Here is how you can tell, if the same person keeps posting the same thing over and over, then you may assume they have an agenda. But if a certain topic gets posted by different people, you really have no ground for your suspicion, because maybe the Holy Spirit is doing some convicting.

2016/12/27 19:52Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy