SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : What is happening beneath the headcovering?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

'I said in an earlier post: "Towards it being sin, I would think it would only be sin for a sister who is convicted by the Holy Spirit to obey this Scripture and she denies it knowing God wants her to."

So to re-word it, it is not sinful or wrong if a sister does not have light and does not feel an urging of the Holy Spirit in her personal relationship with God. I hold no sister to have to wear headcovering apart from this."

So the Holy Spirit convicts some but not others regarding head covering. it is a sin if we believe it is a sin but not a sin if we do not believe that it is a sin .
Selective conviction sin it seems . The Holy Spirit in your view only convicts some but not all about this practice, How so?

2016/11/24 17:38
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re:

Quote:
by Sree
Just like how men struggle with lust of eye, women struggle with submission.

Women struggle with submission and need to prove they are submissive spirit by wearing a head covering to prove they are obedient; am I correct Sree?

Men struggle with lust of the eye but what do they need to do outwardly to prove they have a submissive spirit and are obedient in that area?

Only reason that I ask is that YOU are the one who equated the two in the quote above.

I’ll wait.

2016/11/24 18:33Profile
Sree

Re:

Quote:
Women struggle with submission and need to prove they are submissive spirit by wearing a head covering to prove they are obedient; am I correct Sree?

Lysa, I did not mean that head covering is a proof of submission. It is just a symbol of submission. The point I was making is, submission is such a difficult area for women. Which you cannot disagree. So a women will need all the grace she that she can get in this area. Since there is a command given to women to cover their head as a symbol of submission, a women in need of grace in this area will not think twice to cover her head. She will not allow this disobedience to such a simple do able command to hinder God's grace.

For example if there is command that men should cover their head as a symbol of Not Lusting with their eyes, then I will not think twice to cover my head in Church, no matter if all men decide not to cover their head. No matter who calls me legalist for covering my head! I do not want to take a chance in hindering God's grace.

Yes there is actually an external command in relation to Lust for men which is 2 Tim 2:22, "flee from youthful lust". If a man does not flee from a place where he is tempted to lust like a swimming pool filled with provocatively dressed women, then how will God give him grace to overcome the lust? A person who disobeys a simple doable command, will only fool himself if he believes even by being among such women he can become an overcomer by God's grace. Do you agree with me in this case? I am just applying the same logic in head covering as well.

2016/11/24 19:43Profile
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Re:

Does any one else think it's weird that there are 1500+ views on this post and 37 on the Ethiopian girls being jailed for their faith?

2016/11/24 22:52Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
So the Holy Spirit convicts some but not others regarding head covering. it is a sin if we believe it is a sin but not a sin if we do not believe that it is a sin .
Selective conviction sin it seems . The Holy Spirit in your view only convicts some but not all about this practice, How so?

James 4:17 New International Version (NIV)

17 If anyone, then, knows the good they ought to do and doesn’t do it, it is sin for them.

Philippians 3:15-16 New International Version (NIV)

15 All of us, then, who are mature should take such a view of things. And if on some point you think differently, that too God will make clear to you. 16 Only let us live up to what we have already attained.

2016/11/25 3:42Profile

Re: Nigel

/// Does any one else think it's weird that there are 1500+ views on this post and 37 on the Ethiopian girls being jailed for their faith? ///

Actually brother it is now 1649 views on this thread and 59 views on the Ethiopian sisters jailed for their faith. (Wonder if they wore the head covering?)

Yes it is wierd. But not surprising. Brothers and sisters in persecuted nations are dealing with heavier issues. As a dear sister would remark to me, they have bigger fish to fry.

-bbs-

2016/11/25 6:28
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re:

Quote:
by bearmaster
Actually brother it is now 1649 views on this thread and 59 views on the Ethiopian sisters jailed for their faith. (Wonder if they wore the head covering?)

Yes it is wierd. But not surprising. Brothers and sisters in persecuted nations are dealing with heavier issues. As a dear sister would remark to me, they have bigger fish to fry.

Bro, I am not trying start a war with you but if I may say so, every time you or drifter click on this thread to make a comment or to even see what's being said, you do know you are contributing to the amount of views as well?

God bless,
Lisa

(edited for clarity)

2016/11/25 7:09Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re:

Quote:
by Sree
Since there is a command given to women to cover their head as a symbol of submission...

16 But if any man seem to be contentious, we have no such custom, neither the churches of God.

How is it a command when the Apostle Paul ends with that?

2016/11/25 7:13Profile
Sree

Re:

Quote:
6 But if any man seem to be contentious, we have no such custom, neither the churches of God.

How is it a command when the Apostle Paul ends with that?

The right translation for this word is - NO OTHER practice. Which means other than this (head covering) there is no other practice. It makes no sense for Apostle Paul to write so many strong verses against women who do not cover their head and then end up telling we do not have this (head covering) custom in our church.

I have listened to all the reasons given by those who do not believe Head covering is a command of God, none of them even makes any sense. One can easily prove them all wrong. Finally one may say, there is enough confusion so let us not consider it as a command. Now because there is confusion, is it wise to ignore a doable command or keep it? I find absolutely no reason for not keeping it. Or find any harm in keeping it. But one can seriously hinder God's grace by not obeying a simple doable command.

2016/11/25 7:59Profile
Heydave

Hampshire, UK

Re:

Quote: "The right translation for this word is - NO OTHER practice."

Sree, can you show us evidence this is the correct translation? I think you will find (as I posted to Greg earlier) that only the NIV translates it so. All the others, including KJV correctly translate it 'such'.
Greek word 'such' is 'toioutos' = 'of this sort'; 'like'; 'such'. i.e No practice LIKE THIS.

You need to check out things before state things as fact.

edit: Additional to this, is it a custom or a command?

2016/11/25 8:37Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy