SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : I'm off to Israel on Friday

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
docs

I'm off to Israel on Friday

A fellow church member and our pastor and I will be leaving from Winnipeg, Canada on Friday morning. We live in Minnesota but the fellow church member likes to visit relatives in Canada each time before flying to Israel. After the flight is done we will arrive in Tel Aviv at 10:30 AM Sat morning Israeli time. We will be gone for three weeks - Nov 18-Dec 9. They both have been before but not me. I consider it a VERY SPECIAL privilege to be able to go with them. I really wasn't even thinking of going or planning for it and within about five days and the most casual inquiry from me the whole thing fell together for me. And the Lord has helped the finances work out.

We have some things planned but yet are going to maintain a loose schedule. The man sort of leading the tour has been several times and has made a series of friendships and relationships and we are going to see some things and be visiting with these folks. Some are Orthodox Jews so it can get interesting he says. Please pray for a group of Bedouins we will be visiting in Muslim territory at the last part of the trip. We are going to cut through the tourist and religious facade and start out rubbing shoulders with all these folks who are said to be just normal people with normal problems and needs just like everyone. We want to be their servants and share anything with them the Lord may prompt but yet not be overbearing or presumptous in any way or try to manufacture the Holy Spirit doing something when He is not. I'll be thinking of you good folks while I'm there. We consider this the Lord's trip and not ours.

Thank you.

2016/11/15 6:46Profile
StirItUp

Johannesburg, South Africa

Re: I'm off to Israel on Friday

Great news David,

I pray you and the Lord bring light in the midst of darkness.
Go as a sent one in the power of the Holy Spirit!

The Lord is always working to redeem and to save. I pray that you will be a co- laborer with Him in the greatest of all work!

Blessings,

2016/11/15 12:30Profile

Re:

May the Lord protect you and guide you and deepen your understanding of the Scriptures during this trip and also deepen your love for people of various backgrounds. May He open your eyes to more truth and may he use you in advancing His Kingdom.
There must be very cold in Winnipeg right now. (I used to live in Alberta and usually we had winter there by mid November.)
Have a wonderful trip, Take care:
Zsuzsanna

2016/11/15 15:18
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

My mom and dad went several years ago- lots of photos. One with an armed Israeli soldier next to their tour bus.

My favorite pictures were of Gethsemane- and the shore of the Sea of Galilee where they think Jesus had his breakfast on the beach with his disciples in John 21.

Hope you have a blessed and productive visit.

2016/11/15 17:41Profile
docs

Re: I'm outta here

On my way to Winnipeg today and on to Tel Aviv (knock on wood) tomorrow. Thanks for the thoughts.

18 He does not retain His anger forever, because He delights in mercy.

19 He will again have compassion on us, and will subdue our iniquities. You will cast all our sins into the depths of the sea.

20 You will give truth to Jacob and mercy to Abraham, which you have sworn to our fathers from days of old. (Micah 7:18-20)

2016/11/17 8:53Profile
docs

Re: Unique time in a unique land

We landed here Friday in Tel Aviv and then came on to Jerusalem. Jerusalem is built on and surrounded by high hills ascending upward. I never really knew that before. The antiquity of old Jerusalem is astounding and I feel I never knew what real antiquity is before now as it beckons strongly back to another time. Amazing! We visited the Temple Mount after the Wailing Wall. The famous Islamic temple is directly where or almost directly where the old temple was, We saw the eastern gate from both sides. The Muslims have placed a graveyard outside the eastern gate because if Christ returns and is a priest He won't walk through a graveyard to get to the eastern gate which is now sealed up. We went through Hezekiah's underground tunnels chisled out of stone under Jerusalem and just wide enough for humans to walk throuvh as we did. The tunnels are over 1,500 feet long (II Chron 32). The water coming through the tunnels fed the pool of Siloam where the blind man washed his eyes at the command of Christ (John 9). We walked along this pool. The Mount of Olives is awesome. It's hard to describe standing at the quarters of David and Solomon and looking down into the valley of Kidron and being able to plainly see the path they walked Christ along as he was bound and on the way to the house of Caiphas the high priest of that day. We saw the actual steps leading up to the house of Caiphas and it was these very steps Christ walked up. Inside was where they abused Christ the first time and outside was the courtyard where Peter denied Christ.

I'm maybe talking too much but this is unique what the Lord is allowing us to experience. Yesterday we were in Joppa and saw friends of one with us and the house of Simon the tanner where Peter saw the sheet being lowered. We visited Casesera today where Herod had a palace and saw the spot where Paul addressed King Agrippa with that marvelous speech birthed by the Holy Spirit (Acts 26). Then on to the Mount of Transfiguration we went - Mt. Tabor. There's sure a lot to do around here and we've been witnessing a bit as we go along. Well, I cant go on forever but just wanted to say hi. We're in for the night in Tiberias. Muslim prayer towers and Muslims are common in this rugged mountainy land. The Israeli soldiers with their weapons on their side are common and they are so young and include women. No problem. 'Nuf for now good saints.

12 But You, shall endure forever, and the remembrance of your name to all generations.

13 You will arise and have mercy on Zion; for the set time to favor her, yes. the set time has come.

14 For your servants take pleasure in her stones, and show favor to her dust. (Psalm 102:12-14)

Blessings to everyone and to Greg.

Shalom.

2016/11/23 13:17Profile
StirItUp

Johannesburg, South Africa

Re:

Bless you David. Thanks for the update.
Stay safe

2016/11/23 13:29Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Great update. Sounds amazing.

2016/11/23 13:30Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

What a blessing! I hope that you take lots of photos!

2016/11/23 23:12Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re:

Best first hand experience I've read dear brother:)
Thank you for sharing your experience with us!

2016/11/24 0:02Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy