SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : History repeats...Trump emulates Constatine

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

It seems there is thought by some on the forum that because the church can thrive under persecution that it should therefore SEEK persecution.

Persecution is a bad thing. But good can come of it. But also much bad can come of it- such as torture and martyrdom. I wouldn't want loved ones tortured. However i would hope they would have grace to withstand same if it came to that.

A drunken abusive father is bad. A child in that environment might be inspired to break that cycle, study hard, and become a great success. That doesn't make the drunken abusive father a good thing.

2016/11/14 19:41Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Dr. James White - Coming Persecution of the Church in USA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jf11zMfgrFw

from the Wretched TV:

WHAT IS CHRISTIAN PERSECUTION?

Christian persecution is any hostility experienced from the world as a result of one's identification as a Christian. From verbal harassment to hostile feelings, attitudes and actions, Christians in areas with severe religious restrictions pay a heavy price for their faith. Beatings, physical torture, confinement, isolation, rape, severe punishment, imprisonment, slavery, discrimination in education and employment, and even death are just a few examples of the persecution they experience on a daily basis.

According to The Pew Research Center, over 75% of the world's population lives in areas with severe religious restrictions (and many of these people are Christians). Also, according to the United States Department of State, Christians in more than 60 countries face persecution from their governments or surrounding neighbors simply because of their belief in Jesus Christ.

WHERE DOES CHRISTIAN PERSECUTION OCCUR?

The World Watch List ranks the top 50 countries where Christians face the greatest persecution. See what life is like for persecuted Christians in each of these countries.

WHY PERSECUTION OCCURS:

AUTHORITARIAN GOVERNMENTS SEEK TO CONTROL ALL RELIGIOUS THOUGHT AND EXPRESSION
There are numerous reasons why Christians are persecuted. In some countries, severe abuse of Christians takes place under authoritarian governments. In the case of North Korea and other communist countries, authoritarian governments seek to control all religious thought and expression as part of a comprehensive plan to control all aspects of political and civic life. These governments regard some religious groups as enemies of the state because they hold religious beliefs that may challenge loyalty to the rulers.

HOSTILITY TOWARDS NONTRADITIONAL AND MINORITY RELIGIOUS GROUPS IMAGE OF NIGERIA
Another reason why Christians are persecuted is hostility towards nontraditional and minority religious groups. For example, in Niger, more than 98 percent of the population is Islamic, and hostility comes more from society than from the government. Historically, Islam in West Africa has been moderate, but in the last 20 years, dozens of Islamic associations have emerged, like the Izala movement, which aims to restrict the freedom of 'deviant Muslims' and minority religious groups like Christians.

THE LACK OF BASIC HUMAN RIGHTS
The lack of basic human rights is another significant part of persecution in some countries. For instance, in Eritrea, there are violations of the freedom of expression, assembly, and religious belief and movement, in addition to extrajudicial killings, enforced disappearances, extended detention, torture, and indefinite national service, which cause many Eritreans to flee the country.

Freedom of religion, like all freedoms of thought and expression, is inherent. Our beliefs help define who we are and serve as a foundation for what we contribute to our societies. However, today, many people live under governments that abuse or restrict freedom of religion. Christians in such areas suffer deeply, and are denied basic freedoms that humans should be entitled to.

In 1948, the United Nations General Assembly adopted the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. This declaration came as a result of the treatment of the Jews in Nazi Germany. The document states that every person is entitled to basic human rights. This reaffirmed the dignity and worth of all human beings no matter what a person's race, color, sex, language, religion, political or other opinion, national or social origin, property, birth, or other status. In 1966, the United Nations developed the International Covenant of Civil and Political Rights (ICCPR) in addition to the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. Article 18 of the ICCPR focuses on four elements of religious freedom:

Everyone shall have the right to freedom of thought, conscience and religion. This right shall include freedom to have or to adopt a religion or belief of his choice, and freedom, either individually or in community with others, and in public or private, to manifest his religion or belief in worship, observance, practice and teaching.

No one shall be subject to coercion which would impair his freedom to have or to adopt a religion or belief of his choice.
Freedom to manifest one's religion or beliefs may be subject only to such limitations as are prescribed by law and are necessary to protect public safety, order, health, or morals or the fundamental rights and freedoms of others.

The States Parties to the present Covenant undertake to have respect for the liberty of parents and, when applicable, legal guardians to ensure the religious and moral education of their children in conformity with their own convictions.

2016/11/14 20:39Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re: History repeats...Trump emulates Constatine

I know many people who voted for Donald Trump -- including many believers. Yet, I don't know a single believer who "trusts" in Donald Trump. I don't know anyone who thinks that Trump is some sort of catalyst for a move of God in this country.

I think that this election was a rejection of the prospect of electing Hillary Clinton as much as it was any sort of endorsement of Donald Trump (the man).

In other words, it wasn't a "lesser of two evils" prospect. Rather, it was people voting for the potential good that could seemingly come by keeping Hillary Clinton out of the White House (and any of her judicial nominees in the Supreme Court).

There is nothing wrong with warning believers to not put their faith in a politician. I get that. In fact, I'm glad that people are willing to mention this (as it is certainly important). However, I just don't know anyone -- let alone a large number of believers -- who seem to be putting their trust in Donald Trump.

I also don't know people who will be "lulled into a false sense of prosperity and security" either. I don't know anyone who "worships America." In fact, even most "patriotic" believers in America always tend to rank things in order of importance: God, family and then country.

We know that the Bible makes it clear that we WILL have persecution in this world. This world will hate us because of Christ. In fact, there are many people who already hate us because of Christ -- or the views about morality and immorality that we adhere to as defined in the Word of God.

Has anyone had a different experience than I have had? Does anyone know believers who are putting their trust in Trump, worshiping America or on the verge of going "apostate" out of that "worship of America?"

It seems to me that if someone is in danger of "worshiping America" then they have probably already gone "apostate" (or never known true faith in Christ in the first place).

2016/11/14 23:25Profile

Re:

Chris here is an example of some of the nonsense being said about the Presidrnt-elect. After reading this I see why many profesding Christ will choose the Anti-christ.

Pastor Saeed Abedini Prophesies Donald Trump Will be a Greater President than Ronald Reagan

Pastor Saeed Abedini says Donald Trump was supernaturally chosen to lead the United States of America and perhaps the world.

"He is a modern day Cyrus and he has a special calling and anointing for what he has been called by God to do," Abedini posted to Facebook. "Mr. Trump will take the whole world NOT just America to the new level that the world never has never seen before."

The formerly persecuted pastor says he believes Trump will supersede Ronald Reagan as the greatest president of the United States.

While Trump's offensive antics have offended many, Abedini points to 1 Samuel 16:7 as to why Trump can successfully lead the country.

We as humans usually look at the past in people's lives but when Lord looks at people, He looks at the future and the amazing plan and calling He has for us. He equips us for it every day.

You will be amazed to see the growth and the end of this story that has just started for our country.

We all need to trust what the Lord has been started and been supported by the prayers of the last years.

I am so excited for this glorious journey and so thankful for the Lord's chosen person as our President who shows the sovereignty and providence of the Lord.

Mr. Trump is the answer of all the people's prayers.

I believe Lord will help our President-Elect in a supernatural ways from heaven.

Really? This is the "annointed one" according to some prosperoty preachers? While nen, honorable men, such sd Dr. Ben Carson and Sen. Ted Cruz were rejected for the likes of a man such as Donald Trump?

One can Google and see the likes of Donald Trump and what his character is. We're talking of a man who has never been faithful to his wife or shall I say wives. The man who boast and his sexual exploits. A man who has never been honest in his business dealings. A man who says that money is his greed. This is the man that America wants to lead them? Then I say the voters have gotten what they've chosen. All I can say is God have mercy.

Many have been so blinded by their hatred of Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton. They have failed to see what they have gotten in their place. The word "trump" means to deceive. Many evangelicals including some in this forum have been "trumped". They do not know the misery that will await them under their new king.

Again I say God have mercy.

-bbs-

2016/11/15 6:08
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re:

Quote:
bearmaster wrote:
The word "trump" means to deceive.

Brother,

I am not trying to jump on the bandwagon against you but this response is to your quote and nothing else. Where you found your definition of "trump?"

Merriam-Webster states:

Definition of trump
a : a card of a suit any of whose cards will win over a card that is not of this suit —called also trump card
b : the suit whose cards are trumps for a particular hand —often used in plural
: a decisive overriding factor or final resource —called also trump card
: a dependable and exemplary person

That's all I wanted to take note of, brother.

God bless you,
Sister Lisa

2016/11/15 8:08Profile
savannah

Re: Saeed Abedini Prophesies

CBN News - 10-06-16

Pastor Saeed and Naghmeh Abedini announced on social media that they are divorcing.

------------------------

We're not to believe anything this man prophesies!

Let's stop being so gullible!

2016/11/15 8:55Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

I think her husband has gone off the deep end, don't know if thats a reason for divorce, but no one should be forced to live in a abusive mental or physical relationship.

2016/11/15 10:29Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Mr. Bear, what does Bill mean?

2016/11/15 10:30Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

It seems to me that to prophesy that Donald Trump would be our next president would be rather risky seeing that the news media was predominantly against him, the polls indicated that Hillary Clinton would be elected, and even some leaders in the Republican Party, and very few experts were giving him much of a chance to win. To prophesy that Hillary Clinton would be our next president would have been a much safer bet. I agree with Chris that I do not know of a single Christian that voted for Trump that was putting their trust in Trump and not in God. The main issue for most of us, and I am talking about devoted Christians that put God first in their lives was the selection of Supreme Court Justices.

2016/11/15 10:35Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

William Branham thought maybe Hillary would win.

Vision Six:
Then there arose in the United States a most beautiful woman clothed in splendor, and great power was given to her. She was lovely of feature but there was a hardness about her that defied description. Beautiful as she was, she was yet cruel, wicked and cunning. She dominated the land with her authority, she had complete power over the people. The vision indicated that either such a woman would literally arise or that this woman of the vision was merely a type of an organization which is scripturally characterized by a female. Though the voice did not speak out and reveal who she was, he felt in his heart that this woman represented the rising Roman Catholic Church, and he inserted in parenthesis beside at the end of this vision which he had written out, (perhaps the Catholic church).

2016/11/15 10:47Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy