SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : History repeats...Trump emulates Constatine

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread

History repeats...Trump emulates Constatine

'll tell you one thing: I get elected president, we're going to be saying 'merry Christmas' again. Just remember that," he said. "And by the way, Christianity will have power, without having to form."

He added: "Because if I'm there, you're going to have plenty of power. You don't need anybody else. You're going to have somebody representing you very, very well. Remember that."

Mark 8:15

... Watch out! Beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and the leaven of Herod...

A sobering warning above if only the professing church had heeded the words of Jesus above. Yet after 3 hundred years of persecution the church put their hopes in a pagan Roman emperor by the name of Constatine. (At least his conversion ecperience is called into question.)

For the first two or three centuries the believing church had been persecuted by the Roman government. Primarily over the worship of caesar as a god. Yet under persecution the church grew in power and numbers. From this time Tertulliam wss quoted as saying the blood of the martyrs is the seed of the church.

When Satan persecutes the church she grows. Church history has born this out. This is born out today on nations such as China and Iran.

Being no fool the devil shifted tactics. Using Constatine to unify the Roman empire. The emperor made Christianity the state religion. Where was she was persecuted the church was seduced by the world. She lost the power of Christ. The sword of the Spirit replaced by the sword of the state. In time the organized church backed by the sword of the state became the persector, perecuting the true followers of Christ. A pattern that continued into the Reformation with Catholics and Protestants persecuting the true folloers of Christ such as the Anabaptists.

Tragically the warning of Jesus in Mark 8:15 was not heeded. Church and atate emtered into an unholy alluance. Something Jesus never, ever intended.

This pattern is repeating itself in America. The only difference is the American church is powerless. To keep American evangelicalusm powerless the devil has inserted Donald Trump. Under him, the American church will be lulled into a false sense of prosperity and security.
Evangelocal believers will have temporal power under Trump. But certainly not true spiritual power. The Kingdom of God will be looked upon as America. Anerica, not Jesus, will be worshipped. The evangelical church will go apostate to the Worship of America. Perhaps Donald Trump hinself will be worshipped. (Certainly sounds like it by some in the forum) Again church and state have become one. An unholy alliance. The words of Jesus rejected in Mark 8:15.

Just as under Constatine a remnant that followed Jesus was persecuted. So the same under Trump. but then God may very well use Donald Trump to call forth his remnant elect unto Himself. I only pray I am one of the called.

-bbs-

2016/11/14 10:40
proudpapa

Re: History repeats...Trump emulates Constatine

RE: /// Beware of the leaven of the Pharisees...///

The Pharisees where full of comparative righteousness, I point that out because :
As I read many of your comments in the other thread, that is the impression that I got : Boasting of yourself and showing disdain for others.

2016/11/14 10:55Profile
TMK

NC, USA

When Jesus returns presumably persecution will end.

Will that be a good or bad thing?

2016/11/14 10:57Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Just because something may have good effects does not mean the thing itself is good.

2016/11/14 10:59Profile
ThyKingCome

Southern CA

Brother Bear,

May I ask a few sincere questions? I want to try and better understand the intent of your posts, since they have been weighing heavy on your heart.

1. What do you want to see happen now?

2. Do you feel it would have been better for all Christians to abstain from voting and just pray for the Lord to have His way? (honest question)

3. How can the community at SI glean from your warnings and what can we do practically now that God has seen fit (whether through the Christian vote or not) to place Mr. Trump as the new POTUS.

Thanks Brother. God bless you.

With kind affection,

2016/11/14 12:06Profile
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Dear Bear,
sometimes I have the impression you can't wait until persecution happens or the antichrist will show up.

It will come, for sure, but I think we better take hold the opportunities of today. Living amidst a lethargic church may be more difficult than to face persecution.

Should we be like unruly children who only behave well under a cruel taskmaster?

Isn't it better to behave well while not under threat of severe chastisement?

Maybe the Lord is looking for those who like the good housekeeper maintains loyalty to the Master even when they could take it easy without facing immediate consequences.

The other test of the end times is described in the parable of the virgin waiting for her bridegroom fighting sleepiness. If she were really excited about her soon coming bridegroom she would surely not fall asleep.

2016/11/14 16:15Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Wow! and I thought all the protesters were in the streets, guess next we should just omit Romans 8:28 out of the Bible to make folks feel better. Or just change it to "some" things happen for the good.

2016/11/14 16:15Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Every greeting in the Apostle Paul’s letters to the Church is something like this: “Grace be unto you and peace from the God our Father , and from our Lord Jesus Christ.” You will not find a prayer in the New Testament where the Apostles are praying for persecution to come on the Church. However the Apostle Paul in writing to the Church at Thessalonica is requesting the brethren in that Church to “Pray for us that the Word of the Lord may have free course, and be glorified, even as it is with you: AND THAT WE MAY BE DELIVERED FROM UNREASONABLE AND WICKED MEN, for all men have not faith. ” (2 Thess. 3:1-2). The Lord does and has used persecution to grow the Church as He did in the early church and the persecuted church in many nations. The Word of God exhorts us so that we would pray for those in authority, and the reason being ”that we might live a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and holiness.” (1Timothy 2:2). To live a quiet and peaceable life is written in the context of praying for our leaders, and ungodly leaders that would persecute the church would certainly not be the answer to this prayer request.

Persecution will come to all that live godly in Christ Jesus. Trials are an inescapable aspect of the Christian life, but we don’t pray that the Lord would give us more trials. It is difficult for me to understand why anyone would want Hillary Clinton to be elected because she would bring the Church into persecution much quicker than Donald Trump would.

Maybe God has decided to have mercy on the Church at this time instead of judgment. Maybe God has allowed Donald Trump to be elected because it is His will to put an end to abortion, and He is exposing and bringing down evil leaders that are destroying this nation. Maybe it is God’s will to send revival and awakening to this nation so that His righteous judgment would not be poured out and there would be death and destruction throughout the land. God would not have destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah for 10 righteous men. God has always looked for someone to stand in the gap and make up the hedge so that He would not destroy the land.

It is the work of the devil to kill, steal, and to destroy. Jesus came so that we might have life and have it more abundantly.

2016/11/14 17:23Profile

Re:

Brother Blaine would you like to move to a country where there is persecution and people fearing for their lives for merely owning a bible? How about just visiting such a country? I'm sure we could all take up a collection and you could apply for a visa to visit a Muslim country and then hit the streets and declare your love for the Lord as loudly as you do online? I am not being facetious, it really sounds to me that this is what you want for your life? If so...what is stopping you?

2016/11/14 18:24
Lysa

East TN for now!

Quote:
bearmaster wrote:
To keep American evangelicalusm powerless the devil has inserted Donald Trump. Under him, the American church will be lulled into a false sense of prosperity and security.

Bro,

The church being powerless has nothing to do with Donald Trump. The church was powerless way before Obama got into office!

In my humble opinion, the church became powerless when it began to deny the gifts and calling of God that they are not for this day and age and that has absolutely nothing to do with Donald Trump but that's just me, of course! :) :) :)

God bless ya, Bro Blaine!!
Your sister, Lisa

2016/11/14 18:47Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy