SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Is it Worth it all to suffer-TO behold HIS GLORY?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
Joshua99

Austin Tx.

Is it Worth it all to suffer-TO behold HIS GLORY?

Can anyone explain to me what this means to them in a short explanation? Your thoughts and scriptural insights are welcomed.

Joh 17:24 Father, I desire that they also whom thou hast given me be with me where I am, that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world.

2005/6/6 8:28Profile
tinluke

New England USA

Re: Is it Worth it all to suffer-TO behold HIS GLORY?

I know personally what it is to suffer and to see HIS glory in it! I'll give you a quick testimony. When my youngest son was 8 months old he fell from the 2nd floor of our house to the basment level. He rolled under an open banister into the stairwell. He was med-flighted into Boston Childrens hopital and we didn't know what would happen to him. While at the hospital I just remember crying out to God, "how could this happen, I don't know what I'll do if I loose him" and the Lord just spoke to my heart and said "you are going to go through this valley and in the end not a hair on his head will be harmed". I had instant peace. Not to say that I still wasn't worried about my son or stressed about basically living at the hospital for a time, but in my soul at the center of my being I had a Peace that passed all understanding.

Today my son is a happy, perfectly healthy (alittle fresh) 4 year old!! And he has a testimony of his own. One day when he was 2, he was just sitting on the floor playing with his cars and out of the blue he said "mom when I fell down the stairs I went to see Jesus" So I obviously alittle shocked said "well what is Jesus like? Is He nice or mean?" and my son said "oh mom He is a big, big nice, He looks like the sunshine" Then my son told me that Jesus told him to go back home with his mom and dad and the angels brought him back home. He still talks so matter-of-factly about the time he went to heaven and saw Jesus.

I hate what happened to my son and looking back it is one of the worst things that has ever happen to me or my family, but I wouldn't trade the suffering because of what came out of it. I learned to trust and know Him in away that I never could. And I have a confidence in Him that I never had before. He gets all the glory! My son and I have a testimony that makes even the hardest heart soften and regognize the goodness of God.

I've had alot of personal suffering and God is always faithful to give me what I need to get through. He doesn't always change the situation, but He does change my heart and constatly remind me that His grace is sufficient!

2005/6/6 11:53Profile

Josh,
Please let me refer you to what was posted in 95, 92, and a knot in this forum. I think it fits perfectly here. I would love to see your comments here or there after you do.
As to your question, if it's not "all" it's not worth anyting. The cross is an act of complete submission and irreversable. It consumes all your life, not just part of it or most of it, all of it!
So in answer to your question, a thousand times yes, it is worth it to see His glory. May I venture to say that according to His Word, you will not have to wait for eternity to partake of His glory? Please consider the following:

John 14:21 The person who has My commands and keeps them is the one who [really] loves Me; and whoever [really] loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I [too] will love him and will show (reveal, manifest) Myself to him. [I will let Myself be clearly seen by him and make Myself real to him.]

Have you seen Him yet? Have you partaken of His glory yet? I can tell you how to know if you have. You will be overwhelmed and consumed with a huge compulsion of worship.

2005/6/6 12:00

Re: tinluke

Yes, yes, a thousand times YES! Thanks so much for sharing that. It in the contrast of storms and trials that we able to see Him.
You know, I'm not sure if I would be able to grasp this "out of the body" stuff if it had not been for my dad sharing with us about how he was knocked out by another man while in the army. He described this same "light" almost word for word with all the others who have had this kind of experience. Had he not been first, I probably would shrug it off as not valid.
On the day my dad died, I was not able to be at the hospital. My sister said he had the most peaceful look on his face. She said that every now and then, he would raise his arms as high as he could get them and just smile. I don't think my sister has yet understood what was taking place. But I did the moment she told me about it.
So thanks again for sharing. Welcome to the forum. I trust that you will continue to edify the body by frequently sharing your heart with us all.

2005/6/6 12:15
Nellie

Yes, it is worth it.
Last year my husband was told he had cancer, and
He lost down to 115 lbs.
He also had a thyroid condition.
God gave me this Scripture in John 10:10.
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: {I am come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.} God revealed to me that the last part was for my Husband.
God healed my Husband.

It was hard, but He saw us through.
To the natural eye, it looked like he was going to die, but when we stand on the promises of God, He will bring us forth, from our trials, at His appointed time, and will give us His Word.
I love to read these uplifting posts.
I am 66 Years old, and have never seen the righteous forsaken, or their seed begging bread.
God is an on time God.
May He bless you, one and all.
Nellie :-)

2005/6/6 12:57Profile

Re: Praise God Nellie

Glory!

2005/6/6 13:25
Joshua99

Austin Tx.

Re:

Yes, We can behold HIS Glory in this life, it will utterly change us, than you are empowered to be HIS witnesses, as He leads us to His purposes and tells us what He wants us to speak or do. Its a Glorious experience walking with Jesus and the greatest miracle of all, is having you eyes opened to the spirit realm and the grace to live free from sin, to His glory! Most don't even know this exists and is what the Lord provided for, on the cross---FOR US!!

2005/6/6 14:22Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Oh my...

Quote:
and my son said "oh mom He is a big, big nice, He looks like the sunshine"

That has got to be the most incredible testimony I have ever heard....

2005/6/6 15:56Profile

Re: Josh

Amen. I'm so glad you are here with us. Praise God what a blessing you are in Christ Jesus.
I experienced His glory on several occasions but nothing like the first time. I was just engulfed in God. It was so glorious I could hardly do anything but worship God. Alleluia. He is real. He is risen. He is coming again. Glory be to God.

2005/6/6 18:13
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

iu would rather suffer because I experience jesuss love more !!! but it is hard

2005/6/6 23:00Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy