Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : United Pentecostal Church

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
openheart

Ontario

United Pentecostal Church

Is anyone familiar with this church and has come out of it? What is the psychological damage can it do to someone who has left recently?

2016/11/3 20:32Profile
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re: United Pentecostal Church

They teach oneness. No Trinity. God is 3 manifestations and not 3 Persons. Also believe you have to be baptized in Jesus Name vs. Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. They also say you need to speak in other tongues.

T.D. Jakes is a UPC but he is sanitized. Look at his website under statement of beliefs. You will not see 'Persons' but offices or manifestations of God.

You can Google it and find out more.

I am sure there will be alot of psychological damage to people who leave because it is not a church of Grace. It is a church that says they are the true church vs. Preaching the Gospel.

2016/11/3 22:21Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: United Pentecostal Church

Openheart,

I came out of an abusive church in the early 2000's that was not UPC but still abusive. This church was PART of the catalyst that brought on my backsliding. If someone told me they went to church or was a christian, they were immediately suspect in my book and I walked away from them and it was a lonely time because in doing that, I distanced myself from the Lord as well.

Everybody that comes out of an abusive church behaves differently, that was my way; someone else may jump back into another abusive church. Like abused women always pick abusive men until the Lord breaks the cycle.

There was a couple of people after about 5 years that helped the Lord to woo me back, but I fought that tooth and nail and it was finally the Lord Himself that literally spoke to me through a couple of songs and one movie. He definitely came after the one lost sheep but sadly, it took Him a few years chipping away at my resolve.

If you personally know someone who has left an abusive controlling church, please fast and pray for them and just show them that people are still good, accepts them for who they are and love them.

:) God bless you,
Lisa

2016/11/3 22:36Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Saints,

Where we live in New Brunswick there are many UPC churches they sent missionaries up here and established many. The problem is they have the appearance of being right, say some of tbe right things, speak on holiness etc. There is obviously a great deception with this.

---

The United Pentecostal Church International (UPCI) is a Pentecostal Christian denomination, headquartered in the St. Louis suburb of Hazelwood, Missouri.[1] It is a part of the Oneness or "Apostolic" portion of the Pentecostal Movement, and was formed in 1945 by a merger of the former Pentecostal Church, Incorporated and the Pentecostal Assemblies of Jesus Christ. The denomination also emphasizes holy living in all aspects of one's life.

The UPCI has been among the fastest-growing church organizations since it was formed in 1945. From 521 churches in 1945, the UPCI in the United States and Canada grew to 4,602 churches (including daughter works and preaching points) and 9,746 ministers in 2015. In the same year it reported works in 212 nations and territories outside the U.S. and Canada with 35,739 churches and preaching points, 23,401 licensed ministers, 886 missionaries, and a constituency of 2.7 million. The international fellowship consists of national organizations that are united as the Global Council of the UPCI, which is chaired by the general superintendent of the UPCI. Total constituency is estimated at 3 million

from: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Pentecostal_Church_International

Claiming to teach “the apostles’ doctrine,” the teaching and doctrine of the United Pentecostal Church is based on poor exegesis of Scripture and the misreading and misinterpretation of certain Bible passages. This forms the basis for their heretical teaching on the nature of God and the doctrine of salvation. The heresies taught by this group include the denial of the triune nature of God as revealed in Scripture, as well as the teaching that one must be “baptized in Jesus’ name” to be saved and that true salvation is evidenced by speaking in tongues. These teachings come from a long history of misreading Scripture.

While many false teachings have arisen out of the Pentecostal movement, Oneness Pentecostalism is certainly one of the most deceptive and heretical. Rather than embrace the triune nature of God as revealed in Scripture, Oneness Pentecostals, such as the United Pentecostal Church, create for themselves a God they can “understand” and in doing so end up with another gospel and a heretical concept of God. They hold to a form of modalism that, while correctly asserting the biblical truth that there is only one true God (Deuteronomy 6:4), fails to recognize the plurality of the Godhead (Genesis 1:26; Matthew 28:19–20; Mark 1:9–11; John 1:1; John 8:17–18; John 14:16: John 15:26; John 16:13–15: 2 Corinthians 13:14; 1 Peter 1:2; Revelation 1:4–6).

from: https://gotquestions.org/United-Pentecostal-Church.html

2016/11/4 6:21Profile
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

Re:

Many important reasons why Oneness is a danger. But, this very very oversimplified blurb says it well for what it is.

"... the Trinity matters for relationships. We worship a God who is in constant and eternal relationship with himself as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Community is a buzz word in American culture, but it is only in a Christian framework that communion and interpersonal community are seen as expressions of the eternal nature of God. Likewise, it is only with a Trinitarian God that love can be an eternal attribute of God. Without a plurality of persons in the Godhead, we would be forced to think that God created humans so that he might show love and know love, thereby making love a created thing (and God a needy deity). But with a biblical understanding of the Trinity we can say that God did not create in order to be loved, but rather, created out of the overflow of the perfect love that had always existed among Father, Son, and Holy Spirit who ever live in perfect and mutual relationship and delight."

2016/11/4 9:57Profile
StirItUp

Johannesburg, South Africa

Re:

Well said.....where did that quote come from, brother?

2016/11/4 10:37Profile
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

Re:

https://blogs.thegospelcoalition.org/kevindeyoung/2011/09/28/the-doctrine-of-the-trinity-no-christianity-without-it/

Not a real adherent to TGC but this was a pretty good little entry.

2016/11/4 12:10Profile
StirItUp

Johannesburg, South Africa

Re:

Thanks Tim,

Good blog post.

Blessings,

2016/11/4 13:34Profile
openheart

Ontario

Re: sermon index

Yes, the church I went to are from New Brunswick. The pastor grew up there. I left there for about a year, went back a few times in between. I completely stopped 5 weeks ago. Been involved with them since 2007. I'm trying to shake this fear off of me that all these bad things are going to happen to me and my kids because we left. And the thought that the reason why things seemed to get worse is because I left. I cannot find a good church at all in this city.

2016/11/4 20:13Profile
openheart

Ontario

Re: Lysa

Yes, I get where you are coming from Lisa. Left the Toronto Blessing/Vineyard movement back in 2006 then a year later in the U.P.C.

2016/11/4 20:16Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy