SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Refining His people

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re: Persecution

It is more close to home with families at war with each other, right in the homes in they share residence.

Persecution inflicted from a loved or relative / family is sooooooooooo painful and confusing because persecution is supposed to come from your enemies, not your family.

Here's a testimonial example:

My lifelong abusive mother recently moved in with after my dad passed away.

Yes, she is living with me because I am helping to take care of her. She has end stage kidney disease, but she moved in with me way before she got this diagnosis. She moved in when her husband (my dad) passed away from cancer. She couldn't cope nor adjust (I. e. seeking comfort in Christ) with widowhood.

She has ALWAYS been an abusive mother all my life - from childhood to currently -

Her version of "motherhood" is to alternate the torturous infliction of physical, mental, emotional, psychological, and verbal abuse on ME for some reason.

I loathe being born from her....hence I ran readily to Christ to be born again and cleansed of this woman's satanic DNA.

I live daily under the curse of unrequited love via my relationship with my mother. She is a monster and I do everything I can to love her but with staunch avoidance. Every encounter results in pain.

She scowls in response to a simple and pleasant "Good Morning"!!!

Her very presence is a daily source of persecution .

To live with, care for, an express Christ-like love to a woman who spits it all back in your face (oh and this woman "just happens" to be your mother) - is my current source of persecution and tribulation.

2016/8/29 6:44

Re: Katina

Greetings sister and welcome to the forum. I see by your posts that you have recently joined. I hope and pray that you will be edified by the saints here as well as by the rich treasure of sermons. Be aware that sometimes it can get wild and wooly on the board here. But I believe there are good people gere who will lift you up in prayer particular regarding your mother. I also see you are very well educated in the liberal arts. I feel like compared to you I am an intellectual pygmy with my bachelor's in history.

But I'm responding to you as a brother in Christ. I too am listening once again to the whole Bible being in the Okd Testament as you. At present I am in 1st Samuel. And I'm truly astounded at the mercy of God even in the Old Testament of coming to the aid of a rebellious Nation like Israel. As I listened to judges the Israelites would rebelled before God. God would give them over to their enemies. Then the Israelites would cry out to God for deliverance and he would deliver them period only 2 has a pattern repeat again. But then God is merciful.
As such, under grace, he will certainly be merciful to us who cry out to him even in the rebellion of our hearts.

Sister I can't begin to imagine what it must be like to live under the same roof with your mother. I will certainly be in prayer for you. However realize that we have, brothers and sisters that are imprisoned as you are in a sense, by those who are given over to Satan. But these precious saints continue to pray for their enemies that they come to know Christ.

Yet these brothers and sisters in persecuted nations except that where they are at is in the will of God. Many of them except there imprisonment as God's will to reach others for Christ. Both their fellow prisoners and their persecutors.

My sister, your mother living with you, must be in the will of God. For God may be trying to reach her through your testimony in Jesus. For it is not His will that any perish. But that all come to repentance. My sister, even your mother.

Katiba I'm not trying to say this in a superficial way. I can't begin to imagine the day-to-day satanic affliction you are coming under from your mother. But remember that Jesus who is in you is greater than the demon who is in your mother. My sister draw close to Jesus. Continue to lift your mother up in prayer. And remember you have the authority of Jesus to bring His presence into your house.

Katina will lift you up in prayer. I hope my words have brought some little encouragement to you. And may you be encouraged by others on this forum. One thing you might do is post a prayer request and people will pray for you in this forum.

My sister stay close to Jesus and be blessed this day.

Your brother in Christ.

2016/8/29 8:04
Lysa

This world is not my home anymore.

Re: Refining His people

Quote:
Malachi 3.2
But who can endure the day of his coming, and who can stand when he appears? For he is like a refiner’s fire and like fullers’ soap.

He is returning for a spotless Bride, the Word says in Rev 19:7, "Let us rejoice and exult and give him the glory, for the marriage of the Lamb has come, and his Bride has made herself ready..."

If the Lord refines you, you are holy!

God bless,
Lisa

2016/8/29 9:21Profile
StirItUp

Johannesburg, South Africa

Re:

Hi all,

Refining...practical holiness...what started me thinking was a part of the verse Lisa quoted (see CAPS for emphasis)

Quote:“He is returning for a spotless Bride, the Word says in Rev 19:7, "Let us rejoice and exult and give him the glory, for the marriage of the Lamb has come, and his Bride has MADE HERSELF READY...”

There is God's part...and there is our part. Let us take responsibility for our part by submitting to God.

2 Corinthians 6 verse 7:1 - With these promises ringing in our ears, dear friends, let us keep clear of anything that smirches body or soul. Let us prove reverence for God by consecrating ourselves to him completely.

Blessings,

2016/8/29 9:43Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re:

Yes sister Lisa that's it!

And brother William I totally agree!

(For me) the bride makes herself ready by being a faithful steward of what has been entrusted to her. She used her salvation to advance the kingdom in the sphere of influence where the Lord had led/planted her.
She is spotless because the Lord refined her but she still had to "put on" the wedding dress and make herself ready;)

2016/8/29 10:06Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

The Bride makes herself ready because Jesus has already sanctified Her by the washing of the water with the Word and taken Her to His Fathers House for the marriage supper. That is the only way Jesus may present Her to Himself and Our Father, that she is without spot or wrinkle. I have nothing to do with anything pertaining to me being part of being His wife or bride or His Body the Church. I only labour, striving according to His working in me. He is the only reason I am a Bride, Wife and Body of Christ His Church, His Church being the Father has given me to Him. I am presented to Our Father by the Son who has made me presentable to Him.

Who made the Wedding Dress that she has put on? Who will attend Her in putting it on?

Colossians 1:27-29 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus: Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily.

Hang on everybody.

In Christ: Phillip

2016/8/29 21:13Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re:

Amen Brother Phillip!

Even the "making herself ready" is by His grace and is an act of faith.
And yes dear brother, apart from Him we can do nothing!

2016/8/29 21:31Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Yes Fletcher, We have already put on the Wedding garment, and are already seated in the heavenlies with Him. That is by Faith, Faith, Faith.

In Christ: Phillip

2016/8/29 21:53Profile

Re:

We have been clothed in white "wedding" garments when we are born again and yet by faith we must keep our garments clean. This is the yielding that I mentioned in my previous post. Paul calls it "good works" and the "obedience of faith".

John says it like this..."Dear friends, we are already God’s children, but he has not yet shown us what we will be like when Christ appears. But we do know that we will be like him, for we will see him as he really is. And all who have this eager expectation will keep themselves pure, just as he is pure." (1 John 3)

2016/8/29 22:33
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re:

That's good brother Mark!

2016/8/29 23:15Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy