SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : The Mark of the Beast

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:
by docs on 2016/8/21 21:29:19

/Fowler who is being promoted here on a regular basis espouses a spiritual resurrection with NO physical and bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ at all. Thus they promote another jesus, an anti-Christ as 1 John 4 points out./

Are there any actual quotes or links that one can look at that have Fowler promoting no bodily resurrection of Jesus?

If there are, I would like to see them otherwise they are just lies and slander.

I think the Pharisee hunters need to go after the Heresy hunters. 😜

2016/8/21 21:39

Re:

Hey Julius,
How's the mark of the beast affecting you?
Jeff

2016/8/21 21:40
RogerB

Bruceton TN

Re: Mark of the Beast question..

Lots of thought on it over the years. I think you can look at what Pope Francis said when he used a coin as an example. He was talking about the Children of Israel and their need for food. They had money. There was no where to buy except Egypt. And in order to buy without strings they had to reconcile with their brother. It's the old story of Esau vs Jacob. Shall we reconcile or compromise with Esau in order to buy and sell. Esau wants Jacob's promise. There has been a perpetual hatred of Esau toward the Jews.

Similar to economic sanctions imposed on a country today. They can't buy or sell unless they compromise.

2016/8/21 22:00Profile

Re:

So everyone in Israel is going to hell? I can't really follow you, sorry? Maybe I got lost in there somewhere? It's like when scripture says plainly of the "time of Jacob's trouble", then there shall be "great tribulation, like NEVER WAS, NOR EVER SHALL BE AGAIN", & people say that's already happening and has been for 2,000 years? Say what? And in context of all the mentions of such a time don't fit that "allegorical theory". Or when people say the mark of the beast has been going on for 2,000 years, but it says a time is coming when without the mark "no man can buy or sell" & says if we take the mark & image of the beast, we are cast off, condemned, damned, but it gets relegated to a nations participation in the UN? What? So every man in Israel (messianic believers included) are going to hell because Israel is in the UN? That makes no sense when plugged in to all of the relevant texts & words of the prophets, Jesus, John in Revelation, etc., I'm sorry, but it just doesn't. We see "glimpses" of this in part/piece in the times of Hitler, in N Korea, etc. but nothing wholesale at the end, in a time of unparalleled persecution & tribulation such as never has been or ever will be again. I'm sure people thought that with Nero. But then there was Hitler. And Stalin. Etc. But in a full reading & reconciliation of all related scriptures, there must be an end-times eschatological apocalyptic final actual fulfillment greater and wider in scope than all of these. Otherwise, the scriptures contradict. And that's just obviously not the case. Maybe I am misunderstanding what you're trying to convey?

2016/8/21 22:31

Re:

Honestly,
Roger, I think I just totally got lost in what you were trying to convey. Probably me? 😊
God Bless,
Jeff

2016/8/21 22:42
watchnpray

Re:

Thanks, Savannah, will do. Thanks, Julius, for the personal greeting. And as for your question, Jeff, I've been pondering the historical/eschatological implications of the "buying and selling" angle of it all since last night. But these are deep waters, Jeff, and touch on various issues of concern to all Christians (actually, all HUMANITY, which I think is the key to unraveling the mystery - see the footnote I included for the passage in the NIV?) Therefore, I can't at this point give you a categorical answer, but rest assured that I will in the very near future. Blessings.

2016/8/22 12:26Profile

Re:

Brotbers just a thought. There are some who dismiss outright the idea that the mark is a computer chip. One will be accused of being a prettib conspiracy nut. And then praeterism starts looking pretty good...caution, the last sentence was only meant for humor. :-)

But let's take a look at the world financial system. Let me ask. How many checks have you all written in the last few weeks. You know those paper things you used to have in a box. You would sit down and probably right a check to pay your house mortgage. Maybe another check to pay the utility bill. And then put the amount in a register.

A few years ago I would go through a box of checks about every 4-5 months and have to order another box. Now I'm using the same box of checks for about let's say the last two years. I was pondering this today and wondering when was the last time I actually wrote a check out. And it was about 2 months ago. Give or take.

A lot of my financial transactions are conducted through a debit card. Or through something akin to PayPal. When I use Uber. No cash is exchanged unless I leave a tip for the driver. My debit card on a PayPal type of setup is immediately charged. No cash is exchanged. I do need to remember to put the amount in my register.

I still carry cash for incidentals. But when I go to the store or when I give to missions or engage in other transactions. A lot of my transactions are cashless.

By this time you're probably wondering ho hum. So boring Bear? Why are you bringing this up?

Brethren simply to point out that we are moving toward a cashless society whether we like it or not. Whereas I see it's convenient to not have to carry cash all the time. And it is convenient to use a debit card. Do we not see what this is leading to?

The whole idea of a mark is for control. And that is to control people. Consider the verses that have already been discussed in Revelation 13:16-17,

... and he causes all, the small and the great, and the rich and the poor, and a free man and a slave, to be given a mark on their right hand or on their forehead, and he provides that no one will be able to buy or to sell, except the one who has the mark, either the name of the beast, or the number of his name...

Look at the above verses again. The beast causes all classes of humanity to take the mark. And I believe this mark is a sign of allegiance to him. But also to no one could buy or sell unless he had the mark. This would mean that no one could engage in normal commercial day-to-day activity unless they had the mark, possibly a computer chip, implanted on them.

Brethren before you dismiss this as right wing paranoia. Consider. How many of you can actually get a job without a social security number? How many of you can actually conduct business without a checking account? How many of you can actually engage in financial transactions such as securing hotel or airline reservations without a debit or credit card? Can I ask how many of your day today transactions are actually cashless?

Already the financial system so the world are linked digitally and electronically. The technology already exists the individuals can be chipped and linked to the world database.

So the idea of the mark being some type of an implanted biochip is not far from the realm of possibility. The technology is there. All that the world is waiting for is the rise of the Antichrist to implement the technology.

Simply my thoughts.

2016/8/22 13:13

Re:

NDY wrote

"You people know nothing at all. The mark already occurred
on July 12 70 A.D. Subsequent events in history are only a
spiritual illusion of what already transpired eons ago.
Therefore when reading prophetic writings in the Bible
remember people that its all spiritual, nothing is real
in the sense of time and space as we know it.
You may be wondering how I am aware of these deep deep truths and I am wondering that as well. "

Unfortunatley this makes more sense than most of the other posts in this thread.

2016/8/22 13:23

Re:

Bear, good points.

How many have birth certificates issued by the state?
How many have bank accounts?
How many have driver's license?
How many have social security numbers?
How many use credit or debit cards?

The mark of the beast just like the mark of Christ is spiritual, not physical. It had been that way for 20 centuries.

Who's your Daddy? You will them know which mark you have.

2016/8/22 13:31

Re:

Rev

This place bears witness to the unfortunate disconnect
that most religionists have with the living God.

2016/8/22 13:46

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy