SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Truth and Reality

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re:

Lars,
Is this the last part of the message on "Truth and Reality"?

Hanna

2003/10/24 11:59
lwpray

Sweden

Re:

Dear Hanna and readers,

Yes, I cut the article in nine parts to make it a bit more accessible in this forum.
Lars

2003/10/24 13:27Profile

Re:

“Truth is not a matter of being informed, not even being educated by the best of mentors. Many try to gather knowledge in large quantities, but most of them tend to have missed the most important piece, 1 Cor 13. Truth belongs to the realm of being and living rather than to the area of data and complex calculation or to the realm of sublime and sophisticated speculation. To be true is far closer to the goal set up in terms of timeless substance than presenting truths perfectly ordered and eloquently mastered. Truth cannot be gathered, owned and then forced upon others. It belongs to the realm of being, it is intrinsically tied to the art of living, to the art of living in fellowship before the Throne.”

Then there is no other way to become useful than to present oneself “as a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship. And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect.” Rom12:1
What we try to produce is defiled. What comes from us is anything but true. What we are does not fit in.
A reflection of Christ within is the only hope, the hope of Glory.

Hanna

2003/10/25 10:58
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

"Only as we return to the presence of the living God can we hope to find [b]reality[/b]. In the beginning was [b]Reality[/b], before there was anything false or evil. I believe God's call for us is to go beyond the physical world, beyond the world of man's thoughts and fears and imagination. We are called to [b]Reality[/b], beyond all the sham and shame and sickness and sin which the enemy has built up around mankind and around the church. We are called to live and breathe, to abide and to walk in the realm of the life of the Spirit of God.

I believe the day is coming, and now is, when God will start to call forth a people formed in the mold of the original purpose of God -- a people who have tasted the joy of that kingdom which is not of earth, and have counted all else but dross. "We" can never fight and overcome the earthly -- we are the earthly. Liberation and transformation, the heart of the gospel message, are possible only as the kingdom of God in its true spiritual essence takes root in our lives and springs up overwhelming every other presence, every other influence."
-Paul Ravenhill
[i]afterword from "Heart Breathings"[/i]

2003/10/25 11:54Profile
lwpray

Sweden

Re:

"We" can never fight and overcome the earthly -- we are the earthly.

In my efforts to try to begin to define what is of us and what is of God, I have found quite a few things which is worth taking note of,
but this one nails it harder than most.
Bless you all,
L. W.

2003/10/25 12:42Profile
lwpray

Sweden

Re: Truth and Reality

2003/10/26 1:12Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy