SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Great Quotes 19

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 Next Page )
PosterThread

Trust Jesus

Trust Him when dark doubts assail you, Trust Him when your strength is small,
Trust Him when to simply trust Him seems the hardest thing of all.
Trust Him, He is ever faithful, Trust Him for His will is best,
Trust Him for the heart of Jesus is the only place of rest. ~ Annonymous

2016/12/17 12:26
proudpapa

Men talk about building upon Christ, and not upon the Scriptures; but they know not what they say; for our Lord continually established his own claims by appealing to Moses and the prophets. They would be Christo-centric, they say: I only wish they would. But if they take Christ for a centre, they will inevitably have the Scriptures for a centre too; and these men neither want the one nor the other. - Spurgeon

2016/12/20 3:31Profile
proudpapa

Re:

The best interpreter of a book is generally the man who wrote it. The Holy Ghost wrote the Scriptures. Go to him to get their meaning, and you will not be misled. - Spurgeon

2016/12/20 3:38Profile
proudpapa

Re:

The words of this book are proved to be the words of God, because they have an
infinite adaptation to the varied minds which the Lord has made. - Spurgeon

2016/12/20 3:40Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

'Once', Martyn Lloyd-Jones recalled, 'Dr. Tozer and I shared a conference years ago, and I appreciated his ministry and his fellowship very much. One day he said to me: 'Lloyd-Jones, you and I hold just about the same position on spiritual matters, but we have come to this position by different routes.' 'How do you mean?' I asked. 'Well,' Tozer replied, 'you came by way of the Puritans and I came by way of the mystics.' And, you know,' said Lloyd-Jones, 'he was right.'

2016/12/20 17:15Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

“Who can add to Christmas? The perfect motive is that God so loved the world. The perfect gift is that He gave His only Son. The only requirement is to believe in Him. The reward of faith is that you shall have everlasting life.” - Corrie Ten Boom

2016/12/24 8:40Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

"Hasty and severe judges of the sins of their neighbor fall into this passion because they have not yet attained to a thorough and constant remembrance and concern for their own sins. For is anyone could see his own vices accurately without the veil of self-love, he would worry about no one else in this life, considering that he would not have time enough for mourning for himself, even though he were to live a hundred years." - St. John Climacus (570-649 A.D.)

2016/12/28 21:20Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

"We cannot expect persecution to bypass our own countries. In Revelation 12:17 we read of those against whom Satan will make his greatest attack: those ‘who obey God’s commandments and hold to the testimony of Jesus.’ All of us here are Christians who have committed themselves to keeping the Lord’s commandments. And we are living in a time when this commitment is going to be severely tested. Our obedience to the Lord may cost a high price in the near future. Let us be prepared because this too is part of our way of discipleship." - Basilea Schlink

2016/12/28 21:55Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

"There is nothing—, no circumstance, no trouble, no testing— that can ever touch me until, first of all, it has gone past God and past Christ, right through to me." - Alan Redpath

2016/12/29 14:49Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

"A single day in hell will be worse than a whole life spent in carrying the cross." - J.C. Ryle

2016/12/29 19:48Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy