SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Sermons | Live

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Great Quotes 19

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

"We pray for you. … You have so much, you put your faith in your money and your freedom. In North Korea we have neither money nor freedom, but we have Christ and we've found He's sufficient." - North Korean Christian

2016/10/31 19:51Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

"May God help us not to get rigid. I want to stay flexible and open. I want to see a continual movement of the Spirit of God; so I need to stay supple, flexible, and pliable. If we create a religious system, with rigid controls and traditions, then God will have to once again go outside of us in order to do a new work of His Spirit.” - Chuck Smith

2016/11/6 20:35Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

“When you fear God, you fear nothing else, whereas if you do not fear God, you fear everything else.” — Oswald Chambers

2016/11/13 8:32Profile
StirItUp

Johannesburg, South Africa

Re:

Worth reading again. AW Tozer - "The new cross does not slay the sinner; it redirects him. It gears him up into a cleaner and jollier way of living and saves his self-respect. To the self-assertive, it says, ‘Come and assert yourself in Christ.’ To the egoist it says, ‘Come and do your boasting in the Lord.’ To the thrill seeker it says, ‘Come and enjoy the thrill of Christian fellowship....’

"But the old cross is a symbol of death. It stands for the abrupt, violent end of the human being. The man in Roman times who took up his cross and started down the road had already said goodbye to his friends. He was not coming back. He was not going to have his life redirected; he was going out to have it ended. The cross made no compromise, modified nothing, spared nothing; it slew all the man, completely and for good...."

2016/11/15 4:23Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

"A pharisee is hard on others and easy on himself, but a spiritual
man is easy on others and hard on himself."
-A.W. Tozer

"Complacency is a deadly foe of all spiritual growth. Acute desire
must be present or there will be no manifestation of Christ..."
-A.W. Tozer

2016/11/18 7:10Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

"Self must not only be dead but buried out of sight, for the stench of the unburied self - life will frighten souls away from Jesus." - John Hyde

2016/11/18 7:41Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

"Let me forget the world--and be swallowed up in the desire to glorify God." - David Brainerd

2016/11/19 23:20Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

"Now the main thing is to get the eyes of the people open. They need to see hell as the result of their sin, and that produces fear, the fear of God which is the beginning of wisdom. Once get this fear and all will be comparatively easy; but if this fear does not lay hold of a man, his so-called conversion is a sham. True love wakens a man to reality; sham love soaps him down to hell, greases his trail, in fact, to hell. Very many are half asleep or deluded, and make up fancy doctrines of their own, which practically mean that an unholy man can get to heaven without being holy. But remember, Christ did not die to whitewash us, He died to re-create us, and none but His re-creations enter heaven." - C.T. Studd

2016/11/20 14:18Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

"You see why it is that anxious sinners do not find peace. They are looking at their own guilt and danger. They are regarding God as an avenger, and shrinking from his terrors. This will render it impossible they should ever come at peace. While looking at the wrath of God, making them wither and tremble, they cannot love him, they hide from him. Anxious sinners, let me tell you a secret. If you keep looking at that feature of God's character, it will drive you to despair, and that is inconsistent with true submission. You should look at his whole character, and see the reasons why you should love him, and throw yourself upon him without reserve, and without distrust; and instead of shrinking from him, come right to him, and say, "O, Father in heaven, thou art not inexorable, thou art sovereign, but thou art good, I submit to thy government, and give myself to thee, with all I have and all I am, body and soul, for time and for eternity." - Charles G. Finney

2016/11/26 8:32Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

"I can do nothing of real service for God, until I have first of all done it in prayer. You can do more than pray after you have prayed, but you really cannot do much more than pray until you have prayed." - Chuck Smith

2016/11/28 21:21Profile

©2002-2017 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Google+ | Privacy Policy