SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Great Quotes 19

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

"…providing amusement is in direct antagonism to the teaching and life of Christ and all his apostles. What was the attitude of the church to the world? Ye are the salt” (Matt. 5:13), not the sugar candy—something the world will spit out not swallow. Short and sharp was the utterance, “Let the dead bury their dead” (Matt. 8:22)." - Charles H. Spurgeon

2017/6/27 13:40Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

"We bless thee, O God most high and Lord of mercies, Who ever workest great and mysterious deeds for us, glorious, wonderful, and numberless; who providest us with sleep as a rest from our infirmities and for a repose for our bodies tired by labor. We thank Thee that hast not destroyed us in our transgressions, but in Thy love toward mankind Thou hast raised us up, as we lay in despair, that re may glorify Thy Majesty. We entreat Thine infinite goodness, enlighten the eyes of our understanding and raise up our minds from the heavy sleep of indolence; open our mouths and fill them with Thy praise, that we may unceasingly sing and confess Thee, who are God glorified in all and by all, the eternal Father, the Only-begotten Son, and the all-holy and good and life-giving Spirit: now and ever, and unto ages of ages. Amen." - St. Basil the Great

2017/7/2 17:08Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

"You no longer want Jesus only, but Jesus plus . . . plus respect, popularity, public opinion, success and pride. You wanted to go out with all the trumpets blaring, from a farewell-do that you organized for yourself with photographs and tape-recordings to show and play at home, just to reveal what you had achieved. You wanted to feel needed and respected. You wanted the other missionaries to be worried about how they’ll ever carry on after you’ve gone. You’d like letters when you go home to tell how much they realize they owe to you, how much they miss you. All this and more. Jesus plus. . . . No, you can’t have it. Either it must be “Jesus only” or you’ll find you have no Jesus." - Helen Roseveare.

2017/7/3 7:42Profile
proudpapa

Re:

"Nay, if there be any mistake in the Bible there well be a thousand. If there is one falsehood in that book it did not come from the God of truth - John Wesley

2017/7/5 15:45Profile
proudpapa

Re:

I do not believe that, from one cover to the other, there is any mistake in it of any sort whatever, either upon natural or physical science, or upon history or anything whatever. I am prepared to believe whatever it says, and to take it believing it to be the Word of God; for if it is not all true, it is not worth one solitary penny to me. It may be to the man who is so wise that he can pick out the true from the false; but I am such a fool that I could not do that. If I do not have a guide there that is infallible, I would as soon guide myself, for I shall have to do so after all; I shall have to be correcting the blunders of my guide perpetually, but I am not qualified to do that, and so I am worse off than if I had not any guide at all. Sit thou down, Reason, and let Faith rise up. — Charles Spurgeon

2017/7/5 19:16Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

"What people say when they speak on their own account is repellent and murksome, for their words do not come from the living spring of the Spirit, but are spawned from the morass of their own heart, a bog infested with the leeches, snakes and frogs of desire, delusion and dissipation; the water of their knowledge is evil-smelling, turbid and torpid, sickening to those who drink it and filling them with nausea and disgust." - Gregory of Sinai

2017/7/11 12:21Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

“You’ve got a big problem…You are in a hurry and God is not. Your going to learn what is to wait.” - Petros Philipé

2017/7/12 11:27Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

"Let God influence you – and then influence others towards godliness." - Zac Poonen

2017/7/14 15:13Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

“It is never ‘Do, do’ with the Lord, but ‘Be, be’ and He will ‘do’ through you.” – Oswald Chambers, from Run Today’s Race in The Complete Works of Oswald Chambers

2017/7/14 15:16Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

"From the moment of awakening to the moment of closing our eyes in sleep, we should behave in such a way that the whole day becomes an unbroken chain of acts of self-denial, undertaken always for the sake of the Lord, before His face and to His glory." - Theophan the Recluse

2017/7/14 16:43Profile

©2002-2018 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy