SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Sipping Saints - An outcry against the alarming spread of drinking among Christians -David Wilkerson

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

True, PP.

It happens a lot, here.

2016/8/12 18:33
forrests

Re: Manipulation

Quote:
by proudpapa on 2016/8/12 15:11:20

A lot of manipulation in this thread.

Amen brother - though I don't think most of it is willful, I think it is just the carnal mind twisting things to suit self and the flesh.

May I ask if you are referring to my comments when mentioning manipulation? If so, please do be straightforward and share how it is you feel I am being manipulative. Thank you kindly, brother.

Do you perceive "craft" or "guile" in my words? If so, please do explain what (in your eyes) reveals that I am not being sincere and genuine in stating my position (even if I am not correct in it).

To accuse "manipulation" (on the part of brothers and not the devil and the carnal mind) is to accuse a brother of partaking in the willful deception of others to reach a particular end or outcome... Is this truly your charge?

2016/8/12 18:35Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
A lot of manipulation in this thread.

Quote:
True, PP.

To be honest brothers,

To respond in these ways to very thoughtful posts and testimonies is really just catering to blaming and accusing others. To accuse a brother of legalism or conceit or judging the motives is not proper.

In my heart I do not judge any brother or sister who drinks wine or beer in moderation.

If a thread on SermonIndex can fully rob your "liberty" then I would personally check in with the Lord to consider if this liberty is really from God. We must be honest with the Word of God in this day and not just accept what is popular and accepted in our Christian culture.

I know this topic can be something that is hard to deal with for some brethren, as this new found "liberty" has been expressed mostly in the last 20-30 years in the evangelical church, is essentially "new". I am not trying to rob you of this but I do feel a strong warning in my Spirit towards many younger brethren who are falling into sin in this area in the guise of liberty and everything is ok.

We should also ask ourselves why this is a new liberty in that most Christian groups there were serious with the Lord did not encourage alcohol social drinking. Especially amongst unbelievers. Why has this all of a sudden changed?

My major underling concern and I believe valid thought has been that the modern alcohol's spirits, liquors, beers and wines are "not" the same as the normal wine that the Scriptures speak of. There is a danger to consume the former in the same way the Bible speaks of consuming wine (which was a diluted or partially boiled in some cases so alcohol percentage was lower). This is not just my opinion but this is factual with many references in this thread and John Macarthur shares many in his video message.

I ask this in all seriousness:

Please pray to the Holy Spirit next time you are in a beer or liquor store, if God says it ok then do as you feel led of the Lord. Do also pray if you should give a witness for the Lord to the cashier or someone buying alcohol.

2016/8/12 18:44Profile
JHerndon

Bonifay,Fl

Re:

I haven't been on SI in a while and saw this Thread and was ready to comment but I think Bro. Greg just nailed it with that last post lol

2016/8/12 20:34Profile

Re:

I am not supporting regular social drinking amongst Christians. In fact l think the less we drink the better and l believe that the latest research shows this. Alcohol is never good for the liver, although there are benefits to the heart from some red wines.

It is absolutely true that young believers are in danger of being misled. The trouble is that the arguments being used against drinking, are not robust. Scripture does not ban moderate drinking, and where is the proof that wine was much less potent in the past?

Give me a goats udder and l am confident that l could fashion an air lock of sorts. The Greeks, being epicures, must have stored well fermented wines from the best harvests for special occasions. They probably had to water down very strong drink.

Even though we might not like to see the increase of drinking that is going on, condemning it is not the answer. It only makes it more attractive. Sadly the uptight attitudes in the US over drinking, that served to limit it in the last, is now being discarded and a more relaxed attitude demanded.

The answer is revival is desperately needed. In Wales the pubs stood empty and had to close. A revived man does not desire alcohol. Instead of condemning something that refuses to be controlled, we must ask the question: why am l not in a state of revival myself and pouring out rivers of life unto others so that they are revived too?

2016/8/12 20:36
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

So do we ave a verdict yet? the anticipation is killing me. :-)

2016/8/12 21:09Profile

Re:

Brenda,
Good post. I definitely echo your sentiments. This is such a minor subject to those following hard after God and filled with His Spirit. The answer is to be filled with the Spirit of God. If someone truly has the Holy Spirit dwelling within them, I trust the Holy Spirit to separate them from all that is not pleasing to the Lord. The very day I got saved I knew to stop getting drunk. In fact, I just stopped drinking altogether.

Have we forgotten how clear the Holy Spirit's voice can be to us or have we just grown dull of hearing?

I have no desire to preach do's and dont's to the religious but I do have a desire to reach them with the gospel that saves.

2016/8/12 22:55

Re:

Brenda,
Good post. I definitely echo your sentiments. This is such a minor subject to those following hard after God and filled with His Spirit. The answer is to be filled with the Spirit of God. If someone truly has the Holy Spirit dwelling within them, I trust the Holy Spirit to separate them from all that is not pleasing to the Lord. The very day I got saved I knew to stop getting drunk. In fact, I just stopped drinking altogether.

Have we forgotten how clear the Holy Spirit's voice can be to us or have we just grown dull of hearing?

I have no desire to preach do's and dont's to the religious but I do have a desire to reach them with the gospel that saves.

2016/8/12 22:55
yuehan

Re:

Quote:
So do we ave a verdict yet? the anticipation is killing me. :-)

I don't recall a consensus being reached the last hundred times this topic was brought up, MrBillPro.

Meanwhile, your nutrition thread seems to be arriving at a verdict quite rapidly ;)

2016/8/12 23:39Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Last 100 times? then that would be double jeopardy to the 98th degree. :-)

The nutrition thread reached a verdict? awesome! at least one thread did here.

2016/8/13 0:50Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy