SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : War imminent?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

I do not know about the so-called "wacko websites" that are being referenced here. But I do know that in the archives of this ministry there are men of the caliber of David Wilkerson, Art Katz, Denny kenniston, Paul Washer and others who have warned of upcoming judgment on the American church. These are men that have a relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ and walk and talk with God. It is to our danger if we do not heed their words of warning.

I shared one of the prophetic messages from one of these brothers in the forum. Some dismissed him as ridiculous. Forum my heart trembles. If we reject the warnings that God has given us that it will be grave consequences we have to pay.

We will not be able to stand before God and say why did you not warn us. Let us take heed the admonition out of Revelation that says he that has an ear let him hear what the Spirit is saying to the churches. In this case he that has an ear let him hear what God is saying to the American evangelical church.

Posted with grave sobriety from the foot of His cross.

2016/7/28 11:41
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Bear this thread started with link to a website which got it's info from a wacko guy who is a sandy hook denier along with other loony ideas.

This specific thread is not about legitimate prophetic voices.

2016/7/28 11:50Profile
docs

Re: Where God is taking the Church

http://the.mysteryofisrael.org/2014/07/21/where-god-is-taking-the-church/

2016/7/28 12:01Profile

Re: Todd

Bear this thread started with link to a website which got it's info from a wacko guy who is a sandy hook denier along with other loony ideas.

This specific thread is not about legitimate prophetic voices.

----------------------

Really Todd. Is there such a thing as legitimate prophetic voices is in this forum. One brother who spoke prophetically was called "ridiculous". I'm sure if someone were listening to David Wilkerson he would be called the same.

But these brothers are in good company. For even the prophets of the Old Testament were rejected, scorned, and ridiculed by those who heard their words.

Simply my thoughts.

2016/7/28 12:07
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

I would say there are some legitimate prophetic voices on the forum.

2016/7/28 12:28Profile

Re:

I did some googling and found this article from the Los Angeles Times. Realize this is not a wacko website. But probably best described as a liberal humanistic paper from the American Press. But then that is what we expect from the American mainline press. But suffice to say that Russia has been building up their nuclear forces over the last few years.

The article came out in 2012.

-----------------------

Defense
Russia says preemptive strike on NATO missile system is possible
A top Russian military official says that if the U.S.-led missile defense project in Europe continues as planned, Moscow would not rule out attacking it.
May 03, 2012|By Sergei L. Loiko, Los Angeles Times
Email

MOSCOW — Russia may consider a preemptive strike on a missile defense system in Europe if the U.S.-led NATO project continues as planned, a top official said Thursday.
Russian Chief of General Staff Nikolai Makarov, in a sign of the tension between Russia and the United States over the missile defense plans, said during an international conference that a strike by his country might be possible.
"A decision to use destructive force preemptively will be taken if the situation worsens," Makarov said.
Makarov's remark followed a statement by Russian Defense Minister Anatoly Serdyukov, who said Russian and U.S. consultations on the subject were "close to a dead end."
"This will mean that the U.S.A. and NATO intend to develop the ABM [anti-ballistic missile] system without taking Russia's concerns into consideration," Serdyukov said. "Now our countries are faced with a dilemma: We will either pass a cooperation test and jointly react to new missile challenges and threats or will be obligated to take up military-technical measures given the realization of anti-missile plans."

Serdyukov said Russia doesn't agree with the opinion "that it is impossible to come to terms on the ABM issue."
In November, Russian President Dmitry Medvedev threatened to withdraw from the New START nuclear arms control deal with the U.S. and deploy missiles aimed toward U.S. defense installations in Europe after becoming upset over missile defense consultations between the two countries.
Russian officials Thursday showed a computerized version of imaginary strikes by Russian nuclear missiles on imaginary targets on the U.S. East Coast.
Alexander Vershbow, NATO's deputy secretary-general and a former U.S. ambassador to Moscow, said that there was no desire to disturb global strategic stability with the planned missile defense system.
"Quite the contrary: NATO missile defense will be capable of intercepting only a small number of relatively unsophisticated ballistic missiles," Vershbow said. "It does not have the capability to neutralize Russian deterrence."
Alexander Golts, a defense expert and deputy editor in chief of the Yezhednevny Zhurnal, or Weekly Journal, a liberal online publication, said in an interview that the Kremlin was building political pressure before the NATO summit this month in Chicago, but probably had no intention of following through with a strike against the U.S. or NATO.
"To deliver a preemptive strike means to unleash a war which the Kremlin will never dare," Golts said

2016/7/28 12:34

Re:

This is a link to an article by the Bulletin of Atomic Scientists. To the best of my knowledge this is a well-respected news source. The article came out in 2014. It discusses a preemptive strike option by Russia.

Again this is not a wacko new site. But a very serious publication. The Bulletin of Atomic Scientists are the ones that maintain the Doomsday Clock.

http://thebulletin.org/why-russia-calls-limited-nuclear-strike-de-escalation

2016/7/28 12:47

Re:

I provided the articles to simply show that Russia has to be taken seriously. Putin is stirring up of Russian nationalism to a forever that hasn't been seen since the days of Stalin.

When a nation full of nationalistic fervor starts talking about using a first-strike nuclear option. We better take them very seriously.

Simply my thoughts.

2016/7/28 12:54

Re:

I respectfully disagree with what you said as a wholesale broadbrush statement Brenda. I believe it's in Jude, 1 John, and the words of Jesus Himself things like:

"I will tell you who to fear, fear Him who has the power to kill the body and cast the soul into hell.."

"Save some through fear, pulling them from the flames.."

Etc.,

You may have personally gotten saved when everything in your life was going great humnaly speaking. Many people, I dare even say most, did/do not. It's often a life shattering trauma, an addiction that can't be shaken where reality is setting in, a life changing event, etc. that puts people on their face and looking up to the heavens for answers. Not everyone, but MANY. And so often a major shaking can awaken a sleepy/backslidden/lethargic church &/or can finally get the attention of the one "too busy with their happy life to worry about God".

If a rich man hardly enters the kingdom, it's because his perceived self sufficient riches keep him distracted from eternal realities (Ecclesiastes says it's better to go to a funeral than a party & the wise man takes to heart this is the end of all men."). So, if riches and comfort are stripped away & distractions can't keep reality of the weight of events and changes around one from considering reality, I could definitely see God using such fires to purify distracted saints & bring sinners to Himself! Definitely.

Any judgement this side of Judgement Day is actually always an act of mercy. Never doubt or confuse that.

"There's no aetheists in foxholes or on their deathbeds" may not be true 100%, but there's a reason it's said and tends to be true in large part

2016/7/28 13:05

Re:

Interesting that on the Day of Pentecost, Peter did not warn the Jews about the coming Destruction of Jerusalem and how they need to prepare for it. In fact, I see nothing about preparing for it from the Apostles words. Only Jesus, before He died, spoke of it. Where are warnings from Paul, leading up to 70AD??

In Acts 2, Peter preaches Jesus!

2016/7/28 13:17

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy