SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : War imminent?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

The problem is that these conspiracy theory news sites sole reason for existing is to spread fear so you keep going back to the website so you can be prepared. The problem is that the stories are not true and you never have peace. But the worst part is the fear they spread never happens.

If the nuclear bombs go off there is really no preparing. Lots of people don't have the means to dig bunkers or store months of food or take out 10000 in cash or gold. But even if you could, it is not yours. As a Christian you would have to give it away. Even if you don't do that you will have to shoot people who come to take it. Are you going to shoot people to protect a stash of baked beans? Can't see Jesus doing that.

I understand being spiritually prepared but the survivalist mentality is very hard for me to relate to as a believer.

2016/7/28 7:31Profile

Re:

Yeah, TMK...it's like crying wolf. You certainly don't raise children this way. Parents don't communicate frantic messages to their children every time they hear a rumor or have a dream. It would be a terrible way to leave. It is a reactionary way to live. We should be living proactively according to the Spirit not reactively according to the "media".

Php 1:27 Only let your conversation be as it becometh the gospel of Christ: that whether I come and see you, or else be absent, I may hear of your affairs, that ye stand fast in one spirit, with one mind striving together for the faith of the gospel;
Php 1:28 AND IN NOTHING TERRIFIED BY YOUR ADVERSARIES which is to them an evident token of perdition, but to you of salvation, and that of God.
Php 1:29 For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake;

2016/7/28 7:46

Re:

1 Thessalonians 5:3

While they're saying, "Peace and safety!" then destruction will come upon them sundenly like labor pains upon a woman with child, and they will not escape.

Ephesians 5:17-18

Therefore be careful how you walk, not as unwise men but as wise, making the most of your time, because the days are evil. So then do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is.

Very foolish. Very very foolish. For the American believers to ignore the warnings that God is giving to His church. James reminds us that the judge is standing at the door. Peter reminds us that judgment will begin with the household of God.

And yet there are those who are mocking and scoffing to those who are giving the warnings. But then I think of Noah who preached righteousness for 125 years calling for that generation to repent. And that generation scoffed at him. Eventually the door of the ark slammed shut and only seven were saved.

Forum take heed. Take heed to the warnings that are being given. The Lord Jesus Christ is getting ready to judge His church in America. But God in his mercy is giving us warnings to prepare both spiritually and even physically as the Holy Spirit gives wisdom.

If these God given warnings are rejected. Then it will be with the gravest of consequences. And we will not be able to stand before God and say why did you not warn us.

Posted with the greatest of sobriety.

2016/7/28 8:04
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Bear are you telling me I should pay heed to wacko conspiracy and "alternative news" websites whose sole purpose is scaring people with untrue stories so they will become addicted to these sites and keep coming back? Is that really what you want people to do, especially believers?

2016/7/28 8:58Profile
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

Re:

I'll be honest, I am not concerned about war on America. I am concerned about the sleeping worldly church in America. Wars are and will be. Living in a war ravaged nation is hellish as history demonstrates and current events prove. My concern is that a deceived church that loves the world and believes a false gospel is not prepared to endure the difficulties aimed at it from the world and Satan, which certainly include persecution but is by NO means limited to that as THE means of delusion and hatred of the truth of Jesus.

We are nursing rohypnol and climbing in bed with the haters of Jesus while telling ourselves we love Him. It is more dangerous to true faith than persecution. It produces false faith and unbelief and confusion.

2016/7/28 9:21Profile

Re:

TMK,
I don't fully disagree with you concerning the fear mongering survivalist news sites. For example, I would never advise a believer to watch Alex Jones (I grew up with Alex in Rockwall, TX, partied & fought with him, know how truly crazy he is and what sort of truly satanic/demonic activity he and his family were into, & I Believe likely still are actually). But lumping Infowars type stuff with basic good "alternative" news sites (alternative to The far left liberal MSM PROPAGANDA of CNN, MSNBC, etc. & yes, even Fox News, whose most major shareholder-ship is a Muslim of Saudi descent), & with economic & world geopolitical news, AND ESPECIALLY with true prophetic words, dreams & visions is ESPECIALLY unwise. And the type "despising" of true prophetic dreams (& visions) being espoused by Julius here is extremely unwise. It's very "natural" in the sense of not spiritual at all, & not wise or Biblical. And again Julius, there you go again - "NEITHER BE TERRIFIED"... No one here I believe is saying "BE TERRIFIED" (I am certainly not I know - NEVER). But you don't answer the Biblical questions I ask from Biblical questions & then keep your head down plowing forward with the same rhetoric but actually avoiding my questions? Why is that? What if you stood up in Acts & quoted this verse in the ekklesia where Agabus just prophesied of a coming famine (like calling Paul Washer's prophetic warning "ridiculous" & quoting verses that have general wisdom & Biblical guidance but would not apply rightly to Agabus' prophecy to prepare for a coming famine?).

Or what if such was said to Joseph as he stored up for the famine and the saving of all of Egypt & Israel? And what if when Paul had a dream NOT to go somewhere specific or got a prophetic leading by the Spirit that his ship would crash (but he and the crew would be saved) someone told him that was just fear mongering based on a dream, etc.?

I'm not saying Bear is "doing it perfectly" or that these sources are the best to glean from, but I am saying the statements you are responding with as blanket generalization statements to the potential prophetic warnings of God through events around us, prophetic words, dreams and visions are "despising prophesies" -esque & come across as "practical cessationism". Not only that, but the straw man of continuously quoting "DO NOT BE TERRIFIED", & the characterization of any sharing of any burden/warning as "fear-mongering" is as unbiblical and wrong as actual fear-mongering would be itself.

2016/7/28 9:34

Re:

Yeah, amen Tim, that's good! I am praying that those who are "in the valley of decision" or that are "backslidden" & apathetic - when what's coming does finally come, it rattles them out of their distraction, apathy, & worldliness & that God is turned to in mass. And I hope that one of God's divine purposes in the true prophetic warnings (not the cooks, loons & self-motivated merchandisers) is that people see and remember that God loves enough to warn ahead of time through His servants the prophets, & see both God's omniscience & His love for them by warning ahead even when they didn't heed. I totally believe that as the greatest trials in America's history as a country come upon this land, it will be the toughest time ever in America & will perplex & shock "even the godliest among us" as David Wilkerson said (not just the theological scripture quotes & debators in a vacuum of theory, but when facing it in real life), but I also believe that out of it, many who have not even considered God heretofore, & many who have been seduced into distraction, worldliness, lusts of this world, materialistic security, etc. will be faced with eternal realities to a greater degree & there will be a harvest in the midst of great pain. I believe that with all of my heart. "Does the Lord do anything except He first speak it to His servants the prophets?" "I have told you these things ahead of time that you would not be offended..."

It will be a day when "playing church" & all the gray areas I believe will be removed.

2016/7/28 9:45
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

Re:

Now, I'm gonna sound like a hypocrite. :)

I WILL admit, though, that we are taking steps re: food, shelter, protection in case of an extended emergency.

In that vein, I do want to submit to your individual prayerful consideration the food freeze dryer sold by Harvest Right. We're praying about it and seeing about partnering with some family members in getting one of their freezers. Lots of YouTube videos about the product, its use and the benefits of freeze drying meals and staples.

2016/7/28 10:13Profile

Re:

Don't sound like a hypocrite at all to me. Just balanced & wise. Those that think it's "fear-mongering" can come to my house for a meal (& fellowship) when it all goes down & I wont judge them the way they judge me. 😊 that is, If I am still in America when whatever is coming comes. May the Lord's will be done!

2016/7/28 10:31

Re:

There is no coming judgement of the Lord towards believers. It is already here and has always been, towards those that are carnal and are still sinning.

They are hanging over the gates of hell, held by a thread.

If they have not heard this message before now and repented, then fear for their lives is not an acceptable reason for acceptance.

2016/7/28 11:19

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy