SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Is Satan bound now, or is that to come?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Revelation 20:5King James Version (KJV)

5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

1 Thessalonians 4:16King James Version (KJV)

16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

So the question is:
When did/will the first resurrection take place?
1 before the 1000 years
2 after the 1000 years
3 both before and after the 1000 years but before the resurrection of the wicked.

The answer to this question can help us discover when exactly the 1000 year reign takes place.

From the above verses the first resurrection takes place after the 1000 year reign however some godly people could have been resurrected earlier. So some of the resurrected saints could reign with Christ even if the 1000 years is the church age.
According to this theory your points 1-3 could receive a different meaning (since it's a different paradigm), points 4-6 could describe (briefly summarize) the church age and rest of the history after it.
We can observe that both in point 6 and point 9 the devil will be thrown in the lake of fire. I think this happens only ones. I understand points 7-9 as the detailed description of the same events shown in points 4-6. I agree with points 9-10.
So I believe point 7 and point 4 happens about the same time in the beginning of the 1000 years which is the church age that starts with the bounding of Satan.

I don't think the above idea scrambles chronology too much It is still logical that first we summarize the events then detail them.

The above is strictly my uneducated personal opinion, the book of revelation is a very difficult book to understand.

But based on other verses (not from the revelation) I strongly maintain that we are now living in the kingdom of God and Satan is bound.

2016/7/25 4:34
brothagary

Re:

Tozsu how did you come to that conclusion,, that passage teaches ,that when christ comes ,the first resarection takes place ,and so does the 1000 year rane , when it says the the rest of the dead, did not live again ,that is speaking about the second resarection , of the wcked .. And the end of that age ..

2016/7/25 5:46Profile
brothagary

Re:

The binding of satan is said in that when that happens he wont be able to deciev the nations ,,that is clearly still happening , and john said it was the whole world is under the sway of the evil one, that that was writtern after the church age had begun... So how could it be said that he is now bound ...

2016/7/25 5:52Profile

Re: if Satan is bound...

If Satan is bound then.......

1. Why is the devil still making war against the saints...Rev. 12:17

2. Why are we admonished put on the spiritual armor...Eph. 6:10-18

3. Why are we adminished to be on guard against the devil...1 Pet. 5:8

4. Why are we to resist the devil... James 4:7

5. Why are saints still overcoming the devil through martyrdom...Rev. 12:11

These questions come to mind if one is arguing that Satan is already bound.

Simply my thoughts.

2016/7/25 5:57
brothagary

Re:

Revelation 20:4King James Version (KJV)

4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

Re:
by Tozsu on 2016/7/25 4:34:41

Revelation 20:5King James Version (KJV)

5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

Tozsu , even if the king james doesnt use the word resarection in verse 4 , it does in verse five , this shows clearly that it was a resarection in verse four ,and after the thousand yrears are over the second one will take place ..

2016/7/25 6:04Profile
brothagary

Re:

The answer blaine is that satan is not bound yet ,clearly the bible says satan has come down and is verry angry

2016/7/25 6:06Profile
brothagary

Re:

12Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.

2016/7/25 6:07Profile
brothagary

Re:

Notice that there can be no argument as to this being satan being released from the chains of darkness , becasue ....

12Therefore rejoice, O heavens, and you who dwell in them! But woe to the earth and the sea; with great fury the devil has come down to you, knowing he has only a short time.” 13And when the dragon saw that he had been thrown to the earth, he pursued the woman who had given..

Becasue in this verse he comes down to the earth ,not up from the abyss...

2016/7/25 6:11Profile

Re:

I use the ESV in most things. I prefer it 1st & the NASB 2nd. The ESV is an "essentially literal" WORD FOR WORD translation as opposed to a THOUGHT FOR THOUGHT translation. KJV is not a "bad translation" relatively speaking overall, but it doesn't accurately translate WORD FOR WORD & in many places that becomes evident & an issue. I also don't like fumbling through thees, thous, & remnant of the Kingd Old English no one uses anymore. The only people that think there's something "Holy" or "inspired" In that is the "KJV ONLY" crowd. I am not saying that's you, but attempting to cut that off at the pass if any of that is lurking around waiting to argue for KJV Only. I've seen that a lot & won't even get into it anymore with a KJV Only person.

2016/7/25 9:32

Re:

The Greek word used there is záō. It means:

"to live, have life, spoken of physical life and existence as opposed to death or nonexistence, and implying always some duration...Generally of human life...Used of persons raised from the dead as in Matthew 9:18, Mark 16:11, Luke 24:23, John 5:25, Acts 1:3 & 9:41; Revelation 20:4 & in the Septuagaint in 2 Kings 13:21..."
Spirits Zhodiates' Complete Greek New Testament Word Study Dictionary, Page 697

2016/7/25 9:44

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy