SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : The church in Smyrna and it's message to us.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re: Julius

Again I agree bro. Expect the unexpected. And as brother Todd said. Let's just sit here a little while and see what happens.

Again my thoughts bro.

2016/7/23 20:54
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Bear-

I am not exactly sure how you are distinguishing a bunch of separate individual personal revivals from corporate revival, because surely a bunch of believers experiencing personal revival will morph into a corporate revival. That's how the the body of Christ works- in fellowship.

Revival can take different forms. What you describe in regard to China may not be revival- perhaps because they don't need revival- they are already running on all cylinders so to speak.

2016/7/24 0:04Profile

Re:

...and unto the Church in Smyrna....

There is no getting around the fact that Jesus did write to Churches in the book of Revelation, not individuals...

Unless all individuals in Christ are loners, TMK has a very good point. Believers in true expressions and gatherings of Christ (Churches) are bound together to the Head. I'm not talking about worldly churches, but those that are praying and seeking and walking in the Lord, daily obsessed with His agenda, not man's.

2016/7/24 0:26
brothagary

Re:

I so pose that this can all be explained away

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VtIPhH0L2HQ

2016/7/24 1:08Profile
brothagary

Re:

You know to say that when a revivle comes it must change society as it did in the first great awkening is to confuse an awkening ,with a revival, not all revivals are awkenings ..

When we look at the first revival in the book of acts ,it never changed the face of the roman or jewish society, it may had some effect , but as a whole it still remained the same , shouldn't we let the bible define what a revival can look like ,rather then being dogmatic ,or rather then teaching that a revival must fit our personal definition. The pharssesse did that didn't they , lets not follow in there footsteps ....

2016/7/24 1:23Profile

Re:

In the Book of Acts, the initial outpouring of the Holy Spirit brought about 3,000 souls into the Kingdom of God. They had travelled to Jerusalem and were Parthians, and Medes, and Elamites, and the dwellers in Mesopotamia, and in Judaea, and Cappadocia, in Pontus, and Asia, Phrygia, and Pamphylia, in Egypt, and in the parts of Libya about Cyrene, and strangers of Rome, Jews and proselytes, Cretes and Arabians, all hearing the in their own tongues the wonderful works of God. (Acts 2:9-11)

2016/7/24 1:28
brothagary

Re:

Exactly julius ,we dont read anywhere were it was an awakening like the first great awkening ,,apart from the growth of the church ,the jewish and roman society remaind hostile and unbelieving ..

2016/7/24 1:47Profile

Re:

No, what happened was severe persecution from the Jews (think Saul), came upon the church. Eventually, they were scattered from Jerusalem.

2016/7/24 1:57
brothagary

Re:

Yep thats right ,and , so ,what point are you making ..

2016/7/24 2:54Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy