SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Look who is attending this thing!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
Lysa

East TN (for now)

Re: Look who is attending this thing!

I have through through most so maybe I missed any posts that actually offered any ways to help the Catholics out instead of ganging up on them.

If we know it's a false religion, what can we do for any friends or family members that are in it?

2016/6/16 8:14Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

"Let me be blunt. I consider the " charismatic renewal," to be, for the most part, an abomination. Now let me clarify. For lack of a better phrase, I am a Pentecostal or someone who believes in what I would call the full Gospel with all the corresponding sign gifts of the Spirit. "

Brother Frank,

I strongly disagree with you on this statement that
you made. My wife and I were gloriously saved and
filled with the Spirit during this wonderful move of
God that took place.

Many Catholics like myself left the Catholic Church,
as we immersed ourselves in the truth of God's Word.

The Catholic Church is an abomination, but I would
be very careful about calling the Charismatic Renewal
an abomination. I realize that the enemy did creep in
with error, but it is always that way in every true move
of God. The enemy will always come in with the counterfeit.

2016/6/16 8:23Profile

Re:

I appreciate your concerns Mike and I understand where your coming from and also that many people were saved through the Charismatic movement. It is the bigger picture I see. Look at the massive damage of the prosperity gospel, look at how it has invaded Africa and other places with its poisonous message. Look and see how many pentecostal churches were invaded by so called holy laughing and being " drunk," in the Holy Spirit. Look at how the Charismatic movement has embraced the Pope and Catholicism. There is a strategy behind all of that Mike and just because people were saved through this does not change anything. People have been saved by the preaching of cheap grace in the last few generations but it does not legitimize cheap grace. And so while I celebrate the salvation of anyone, especially coming out of Catholicism, the credit for any salvation always belongs to Jesus and the Holy Spirit.

And so in summary, when you think of " holy laughter," or being " drunk," in the Spirit or the teaching of prosperity or the teaching of health and wealth and the word of faith and so on, you can then see the massive damage that this movement has caused to the Body of Christ. In the west, Christendom has never been in such a low state, never been so anemic, never been so Biblically illiterate and so on, this is the result of dead religion on the orthodox side and massive error that has swamped the church on the other side. These are my opinions Mike and I would be glad to agree to disagree with you. God bless you brother.........bro Frank

2016/6/16 9:17

Re:

My sense is that Frank was talking about the large part of the Catholic charismatic renewal which was counterfeit and just another tool in the RCC's counter reformation battle which they wage by blurring the lines. Sure, some people here and there were genuinely touched by God.

2016/6/16 9:18

Re:

Hi Lisa,

Any ex-Catholic knows well the battle that occurs when they leave this organisation. It is them that are ganged up on and ostracized and cruelly treated by their Catholic families. And yet, their lives and their testimonies are a tremendous witness to their friends and family members.

My advice to people who dont know much about Catholicism and want to witness to Catholics, ask an ex-Catholic. When I witness to Catholics my favorite thing to do is talk about my personal relationship with Jesus. Then I take them to the Gospel of John and zero in on " Unless a man is born again he cannot enter into the kingdom of God." I tell that that there eternal soul depends upon a right understanding of what Jesus means here. No regular Catholic is gong to easily dismiss the words of Jesus, now most of them know nothing about the Bible but even the ones that do will be forced to think about this unambiguous warning from Jesus. I tell that that if they really believe that Jesus is talking about infant baptism here or making your first holy communion then that is fine, but just know your eternal soul depends upon you being right............bro Frank

2016/6/16 9:26

Re:

Julias writes..........

"My sense is that Frank was talking about the large part of the Catholic charismatic renewal which was counterfeit and just another tool in the RCC's counter reformation battle which they wage by blurring the lines."

Yes Julias, I would agree with that. What most Americans have no idea about is that the Charismatic movement in Britain was almost exclusively Catholic and that very few every left the Catholic church. Those of us who have had any dealings with Catholic Charismatics in Britain ( and I would imagine that would be almost none on the this particular forum) well know just how vehemently the Catholic Charismatics defend the Catholic church. In Britain it has been the genuine saints who have been fooled by the Catholic Charismatics to the point where it is now perfectly acceptable to be a Catholic, it is just another branch of Christianity.

Also in America the Evangelical community has also been fooled into this same error, consider the pact made by the Evangelicals with the Catholics back in the 90s where the Evangelicals agreed not to proselytize Catholics. Imagine that, agreeing not to share the Gospel with people who are hopelessly lost. The mind boggles at the progress the Catholic church has made in breaking down their "protesting erring children," and bringing them back " into the fold."...........bro Frank

2016/6/16 9:35
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
I have through through most so maybe I missed any posts that actually offered any ways to help the Catholics out instead of ganging up on them.

If we know it's a false religion, what can we do for any friends or family members that are in it?

That is an excellent post dear sister and a valid concern. May God stir our hearts in evangelism, in love, towards people lost in the Catholic system or religion.

2016/6/16 11:07Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

How can we best help Catholics?

By not bashing the Catholic religion, but
by sharing Jesus with them. They already
believe in Jesus, but the teaching of the
Catholic Church is that salvation is by
way of observing the sacraments.
It is salvation through baptism.

I worked with a woman that was a strong
Catholic, but was seeking the truth. After
many conversations over a long period
of time she was saved, and this resulted
in all of her 5 children being saved. They
all left the Catholic Church.

2016/6/16 11:27Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

when my wife left the RCC her family derided her calling her "one of those born agains."

They had no idea that it was Jesus who said "you must be born again." They thought Billy Graham said it.

2016/6/16 12:00Profile

Re:

Quote:
by AbideinHim on 2016/6/16 11:27:53

How can we best help Catholics?

By not bashing the Catholic religion, but
by sharing Jesus with them. They already
believe in Jesus, but the teaching of the
Catholic Church is that salvation is by
way of observing the sacraments.
It is salvation through baptism.

I worked with a woman that was a strong
Catholic, but was seeking the truth. After
many conversations over a long period
of time she was saved, and this resulted
in all of her 5 children being saved. They
all left the Catholic Church.

First, the Catholic hierarchy narrative is to say that anyone who is taking a theologically critical look at their doctrine should be characterized as "bashing Catholics" or "bashing their religion". This is a very old narrative they continue to keep alive.

Bashing seems to be a word only used when taking a critical look at Catholicism and showing the subterfuge used by the Vatican.

Let's not fall into agreement with them.

Testimonies are always good, but on this site, critical analysis is common for false religions or doctrines purporting to be Christian.

2016/6/16 12:06

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy