SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Look who is attending this thing!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
docs

Re: I agree

I agree with these sentiments. My only observation was that it is a historical fact that in recent decades many have chosen to stay in the Catholic Church after salvation and the baptism in the Spirit. Probably 120 to 150 million Catholics worldwide have been touched by the "charismatic renewal" and all of them have not left the Roman church. I don't endorse doing that I was just making mention of what has occurred.

I still don't understand fully how Catholicism developed in the first place and how it gained such a hold. When it was first beginning to develop and organize surely even then there were believers who didn't go along. And when it was at its peak and everyone was subordinate to it surely there were believers in many places long before Huss and Tyndale and Luther were born. Yet history books seem to say everyone was Catholic at one time. I'm betting that's not altogether true.

2016/6/15 19:26Profile

Re:

HI David,

Let me be blunt. I consider the " charismatic renewal," to be, for the most part, an abomination. Now let me clarify. For lack of a better phrase, I am a Pentecostal or someone who believes in what I would call the full Gospel with all the corresponding sign gifts of the Spirit.

It is my opinion that the Charismatic movement in general is and was a Trojan horse to bring about a nullification of the the tremendous outpouring of pentecostal power that flowed from the Welsh revival and Azuza street. Within this Trojan horse was the abominations of the Word of Faith movement, the prosperity gospel and the health and wealth folks. Then of course we had the so called outpourings at Toronto.

So for me to hear that there are many Charismatics within the Catholic church who never left the apostate church behind is no surprise nor does it validate anything, quite the opposite...................bro Frank

2016/6/15 19:54
docs

Re: Validation

I wasn't trying to validate anything. I was just mentioning a complete subjective fact that many have chosen to stay. That's all.

2016/6/15 20:06Profile

Re:

I am glad you said it was subjective, David.

Quote:
It APPEARS that many have been saved inside the RCC in recent decades.

Really, anyone that genuinely gets saved and filled with the Holy Spirit WILL end up leaving the idolatrous RCC. Idolatry is rampant everywhere you turn and a lover of Jesus could not stay. The Holy Spirit who leads us daily to Christ and to put to death the deeds of the flesh, will lead any saint AWAY from idolatry. It did not take me but a few weeks after reading the Word to just know in my Spirit, I would never be going back to the RCC.

By the way, I was in Oakland, CA in 1978 and invited to a Catholic Charismatic Church. They had what they called a "folk mass" and afterwards, everyone went downstairs to the basement to eat and drink. And they weren't drinking ice tea. I was aghast at how much the Priest was guzzling. They had the joy of fine wine and spirits.

Good posts Frank and TMK.

2016/6/15 20:15
docs

Re: Subjective

/I am glad you said it was subjective, David./

I had already said,

"I agree with these sentiments. My only observation was that it is a historical fact that in recent decades many have chosen to stay in the Catholic Church after salvation and the baptism in the Spirit."

"I don't endorse doing that I was just making mention of what has occurred."

Peace.

2016/6/15 20:57Profile

Re:

David writes.......

"I agree with these sentiments. My only observation was that it is a historical fact that in recent decades many have chosen to stay in the Catholic Church after salvation and the baptism in the Spirit."

Brother, I am not trying to be argumentative but that is not fact at all. And you may agree that it is a little different from your previous statement.............

"Are you saying the millions of Catholics being saved, baptised in the Holy Ghost and reading their Bibles are remain in the Roman Catholic religious structure?"

I think it would be more accurate to say that some/a few misguided folks have decided to stay within the Catholic church where, at every turn, is dripping with idolatry. As we both know, you cannot even enter into a Catholic church without first bowing to a statue. Brother, if the Holy Spirit of the living God is burning within an individual he could never, in good conscience, take part in the Roman mass. The millions of children around the world who were violated by this foul religion would cry out if genuine saints continued to give this false religion some kind of legitimacy. I know my words are strong brother, but there is a great delusion coming and we must not be fooled by the religionists of the world.............bro Frank

PS many tens of thousands of saints in the early church were killed because they refused to dip their fingers in oil and give homage to the Roman gods once a year in the public square. If these saints so burned with the truth that they would rather their whole families be killed ruthlessly than by participating in idol worship, how do they compare to so called Christians who every week bow down to statues and partake in a ceremony that directly violates the very essence of what it means to be a saint.

2016/6/15 21:54

Re:

David, I wasn't trying to be argumentative, either. Sorry if it came across that way. I appreciate your contributions.

2016/6/15 22:09
docs

Re: Previous statements

/"I agree with these sentiments. My only observation was that it is a historical fact that in recent decades many have chosen to stay in the Catholic Church after salvation and the baptism in the Spirit."

Brother, I am not trying to be argumentative but that is not fact at all. And you may agree that it is a little different from your previous statement.............

"Are you saying the millions of Catholics being saved, baptised in the Holy Ghost and reading their Bibles are remain in the Roman Catholic religious structure?"/

Regarding this statement,

"Are you saying the millions of Catholics being saved, baptised in the Holy Ghost and reading their Bibles are remain in the Roman Catholic religious structure?"

I'm kind of lost because that is not my statement. If you will check the posts and replies it was made by someone other then me.

Saying as I did, "I agree with those sentiments" regarding what you and TMK wrote plus my saying I wouldn't endorse staying I thought would make my view clear. I was raised in Catholicism and I know what the issues are. Again, I just made mention on my part of a completely neutral and objective fact. Yet it just now dawned on me I used the wrong word in another post - I should have said objective fact when I used the wrong word subjective. My mistake yet your statement above attributed to me is not my statement.

I sort of think we are making much out of nothing so I will politiely leave it here. I would not endorse staying in the RCC if someone becomes saved. I was just making a statement regarding the fact that many have chosen to stay.

Thank you for your comments.

2016/6/15 22:16Profile
docs

Re: No problem Julius

I also used the wrong word. I said I was just reporting a subjective fact when I meant to say objective fact. Great day! I meant to convey that I was just stating in a neutral and objective way what has occurred.

2016/6/15 22:20Profile

Re:

To docs, I understand. Textual conversation by the way is not always easy. :-)

That is why we should give each other more grace. I need to improve in this area. Have a good day, David.

2016/6/16 7:10

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy