SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : The Reality of the Kingdom of God

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Julias quotes....

1 Cor 2:9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

I have always loved that Scripture. It has not even entered into the hearts of man, not even entered in, that is how much above our pay grade the concept of life after death is. So the notion that we would argue about it just seems silly does it not. Enough to wonder in some secret moments about the glory of it all.

Indeed, the task at hand is enough to be going on with. Living the Kingdom reality in a harsh world that violently opposes all things Spiritual is the task at hand. If we can live and walk in the Kingdom glory now, if we can shine our lights when all of darkness comes against us, if we can swim up the river of this world while being taken down the river of God fully immersed in the current of the Holy Spirit, just imagine what it will be like when there is no more darkness, when there is no more resistance and we simply exist in the glory of God.

Just imagine what it will be like when there is no more parting, no more death, no more sin. If we can discover joy in the midst of sorrow, if we can hope when there seems to be no reason to hope, if we can love when we are despised, imagine brothers and sisters what it will be like when our joy is complete! When faith has done its work, when hope is realized and love rules supreme and we know as we are known. Just imagine for we can do nothing more than imagine because it has not even entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. Glory!! ...............bro Frank

2016/6/10 10:23

Re:

Quote:
by appolus on 2016/6/10 10:23:19

When faith has done its work...

Glory!! ...............bro Frank

This is the key, Frank..and what the Lord wants us to concentrate on, NOW.

Let faith do it's work...WITH POWER. (Holy Ghost power to overcome sin, Satan and the flesh and love, love, love all men no matter what they do to you).

2 Th 1:11 Wherefore also we pray always for you, that our God would count you worthy of this calling, and fulfil all the good pleasure of his goodness, and THE WORK OF FAITH WITH POWER.

What can we learn about the nature of the King and the Kingdom of God that can build our faith, now?

2016/6/10 10:46
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: On Behalf of Elibeth and Toszu...Let's Try This Again Please

Blaine,

I did not read all the posts on this thread but would like to comment.

Elibeth posted her testimony and it is right in line what has been going through my mind. "We live in the world but are not of it" - so said Jesus. How is that possible?

Ephesians 2:19-22:
19 So then you are no longer strangers and aliens, but you are fellow citizens with the saints, and are of God’s household,

20 having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Christ Jesus Himself being the corner stone,

21 in whom the whole building, being fitted together, is growing into a holy temple in the Lord,

22 in whom you also are being built together into a dwelling of God in the Spirit.

This describes it beautifully, does it not?

I look around and see evil run amok everywhere; evil being promoted as the norm, logical; common sense no longer understood by the average person; honesty is no longer understood - all these basic traits have fled from the public square with meaningful dialogue impossible because people have been given over to a reprobate mind. Their thinking patterns are totally alien to truth.

Sloppiness, ugliness, neatness, laziness has replaced creativity, beauty, joy of work. The prevailing culture is totally alien to the one promoted by the LORD.

We are the temple of the Holy Spirit wherein God dwells. This equips us to recognize the enemy out there prowling about working to tempt us, sidetrack us, divert us with concerns for our well-being, getting us to take our focus off the LORD Jesus and his kingdom. Since we are the temple wherein God dwells, we will long for fellowship with fellow saints who will encourage us and strengthen us.

As I look at the political situation today I am tempted to get overly concerned about how it may effect our grandchildren, effect us. I look at the local political situation and it is horrible - it is all about power, greed, stealing, dishonesty - so bad that the local politicians are within the cross hairs of the federal Justice department. BUT...unless you are involved in politics (in our community), we have it good! They are leaving us alone - after all they do need our tax moneys - without it they have less to embezzle, less to spend....

This is politics....how about other issues? Do I allow the world to dictate what I want? Do I feel compelled to keep up with the Jones'? Is my desire to be accepted, appreciated rooted in pride? Am I afraid to speak out for fear of offending? Am I allowing the WORD to shape my thinking process, my wants, my desires, my reactions? As I understand being a part of the Kingdom of God it means I am a total stranger and pilgrim here with no rights, claims in a foreign kingdom. I am not permitted to allow this foreign kingdom to impact me in any shape or form.

Yes, I am being convicted on every side on how this foreign kingdom is working to distract me. No loopholes anywhere. Belonging to Jesus in a wicked, crooked world and His kingdom is totally different. Totally. Absolutely.

Sandra

2016/6/12 18:26Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
One more point on the resurrected bodies. The catepillar and the butterfly is a great example of what is to come for us after we pass from this world to the next, or the seed that is buried in the ground, dies and rises into something extraordinary. Bottom line, we do not know what we will look like but its going to be spectacular. Isn't that good enough for our limited minds? It's above all of our pay-grades. The Scriptures are all but silent on the world to come and I believe deliberately so. We should simply join together in the wonder of it all. To argue about something that the Word has so little to say about cannot be a Godly thing. To wonder together, like little children, about the beauty of it all would be pleasing to God I think..............bro Frank

I retitled this thread: The Reality of the Kingdom of God

We must look at this subject with awe and a sense of majesty, it is not a doctrinal verse thing but a living reality where we live move and have our being in Him.

What matters most is are we in the kingdom, being fruitful in the Lord and looking forward His coming.

And this statement of the kingdom of God is very practical to us as disciples of the Lord:

1 Corinthians 6:9-10 New International Version (NIV)

9 Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men[a] 10 nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

2016/6/12 20:08Profile
docs

Re: George Eldon Ladd quotes on the Kingdom of God

"The life and fellowship of the church is to be a foreatse of life in the Kingdom of God."

"Jesus' message of the Kingdom of God is the announcement by word and deed that God is acting and manifesting dynamically his redemptive will in history. God is seeking out sinners; he is inviting them to enter into the messianic blessing; he is demanding of them a favorable response to his gracious offer. God has again spoken. A new prophet has appeared, indeed one who is more than a prophet, one who bring to people the very blessings he promises."

"The mission of Jesus brought not a new teaching but a new event. It brought to people an actual foretaste of the eschatological salvation. Jesus did not promise the forgiveness of sins; he bestowed it. He did not simple assure people of the future fellowship of the Kingdom; he invited them into fellowship with himself as the bearer of the Kingdom. He did not merely promise them vindication in the day of judgment; he bestowed upon them the status of a present righteousness. He not only taught an eschatological deliverance from physical evil; he went about demonstrating the redeeming power of the Kingdom, delivering people from sickness and even death."

(George Eldon Ladd)

2016/6/12 20:36Profile

Re:

"he [Jesus] invited them into fellowship with himself as the bearer of the Kingdom."

Isn't Jesus the King?

2016/6/12 21:56
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

"Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God." (John 3:3)

Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:(Colossians 1:13)

"From the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and violent men take it by force."
(Matthew 11:2).

Brothers and sisters, I would like to pose a question to you. Is entering the Kingdom of God and inheriting the Kingdom the same thing?

I believe from what the scriptures teach that when we are saved, we enter into the Kingdom of God.

The Word teaches us that we are to seek first the Kingdom of God, that we are to pursue the Kingdom, and that we are to take the Kingdom by force. We know that the world, the flesh, and the devil will all be against us, but God has revealed to us the character of those that will inherit the Kingdom of God. The Sermon on the mount gives us the character of those that will inherit the Kingdom of God. The bible is also clear about those that will not inherit the Kingdom of God.

"Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who submit to nor perform homosexual acts, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor verbal abusers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God."… (1 Corinthians 6:9,10).

2016/6/13 13:17Profile
Elibeth

Re:

AbideinHim,
And the many others that have this interest in 'the gospel of the kingdom'
here,I SO yearn to get back to our conversation together again.....it is such a great interest to me also.

But I am in such a focused work right now,....My heart wants to be here,...
badly.

Please,carry on,
Bless you all,

Do hope Neil is OK.

------------

elizabeth

2016/6/13 23:01Profile
Elibeth

Re:

Abide in Him,Mike,

You ask, "Is entering the kingdom of God and inheriting the kingdom of God the same.? "

I do not know,but

I would like to pose a Scripture to that thought,and see what you think it might mean.

Mt.13:41,
Jesus speaking,..." The Son of man shall send forth His angels,and they shall gather OUT OF HIS KINGDOM all things that offend,and them that do iniquity."

Question:
How do we offend ? What is He saying ?
Can we enter the kingdom of God and become ' NOT as a little child,..
teachable,...bendable ? .....not willing to follow Him,the King ?

We must be in the kingdom,before we can be ' gathered out'

When is the Angels going to be sent forth,and gather OUT OF THE KINGDOM,all things that offend.?

NOTE: I edited for clarity

------------
elizabeth

2016/6/14 16:48Profile
Elibeth

Re:

I edited my last post for clarity.

elizabeth

2016/6/15 6:43Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy