SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : What is the gospel message?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:
by passerby on 2016/6/4 18:45:16

If the gospel is all good news, then it is not the whole message of God.

The only reason there is such a thing as "good news", is because there is such a thing as bad news and we all know what the bad news is.

Eph 2:12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:

2016/6/4 23:12
Elibeth

Re: What js the gospel message?

This is what Jesus said the gospel was:

Mt.9:35,
And Jesus went about all the cities and villages,teaching in their synagogues,and preaching the "gospel" of the kingdom,...
And again,in Lk.4:23.

Mt.:24:14,
" And "this" gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for
a witness unto all nations;and then shall the end come."

Lk.9:2,
(Jesus to the 12 disciples)
" And He sent them to preach the kingdom of God,..."

* this kingdom,a Spiritual kingdom,is within us.

* "Seek the kingdom of God" ...( What would Thou have for me to do,
Lord ?)

* Hear the words of the kingdom ( hear with spiritual ears )

* Mt.4:17,
"Repent ; for the kingdom of heaven is at hand "
Tun around,stop following the flesh,...our own will,and start following Him.
( imp.mine )>and He wants o give us the kingdom)

Lk.12:32,
" Fear not,little flock; for it is your Fathers good pleasure to give you the kingdom."

And SOOO much more,

In Him,
--------------------------
elizabeth

2016/6/4 23:45Profile
brothagary

Re:

Julius we no what the bad news is ,but unbelieving don't ...

2016/6/4 23:58Profile
brothagary

Re:

Thing is the only way to enter this kingdom is through the cross ,and the resurrection birth, with out that the message of the kingdom remains shut off from the world .......

2016/6/5 0:03Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: What js the gospel message?

Bro Blaine, here is my simple take on your question. the Gospel is the WHOLE Bible!! Many will tell you that there is only one way to preach it but there is not!! "It's by My Spirit thus says the Lord."

To me, bro, verse 20 is THE gospel of Jesus Christ....

Mark 16:14-20 MEV

15 He said to them, “Go into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. 16 He who believes and is baptized will be saved. But he who does not believe will be condemned. 17 These SIGNS will accompany those who believe: In My name THEY WILL cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues; 18 THEY WILL take up serpents; if they drink any deadly thing, it WILL NOT hurt them; THEY WILL lay hands on the sick, and they will recover.”

19 After the Lord had spoken to them, He was received up into heaven and sat at the right hand of God. 20 Then they went forth and preached everywhere, THE LORD WORKING WITH THEM AND CONFIRMING THE WORD THROUGH THE ACCOMPANYING SIGNS. Amen.

If the Lord works with you, you are preaching the gospel. It is the simple gospel!

God bless you brother,
Lisa

2016/6/5 0:19Profile

Re:

I think it is the kingdom.
I was thinking about it yesterday and sort of knew it but could not find the essence.
Today I watched the hyper grace movie and toward the end they explain it from the scriptures. Then I read elibeth's post and now I am convinced that the gospel is the kingdom.

Edited to add: the part about the gospel in the Hyper Grace movie starts at 2:19

2016/6/5 2:13
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re:

Tozsu, it is the kingdom! elibeth is right, there is so much more to follow on and to attain after getting saved.

18 Now some have become arrogant, as though I were not coming to you. 19 But I will come to you soon, if the Lord wills, and I shall find out, not the words of those who are arrogant, but their power. 20 FOR THE KINGDOM OF GOD DOES NOT CONSIST IN WORDS, BUT IN POWER. ~ 1 Cor 4:18-20

for the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but RIGHTEOUSNESS and PEACE and JOY in the Holy Spirit. ~ Romans 14:17

In the auth version there are 69 references to the kingdom of God that we need to read to get the full understanding of it.

God bless,
Lisa

2016/6/5 10:04Profile

Re:

Yes, Lisa.
I came to the thought just recently that the gospel is not only about how to enter but also how to live in the kingdom.

2016/6/5 11:18
Elibeth

Re:

Touzsu,and Lisa,

I would never have known this,about the kingdom of God,except for the goodness of The Lord,who drawed me to do a study,...the very first subject
that His Spirit drawed me to.And I said to Him in my mind, ( and I was not being disrespectable ) " Of all subjects, WHY the kingdom of God ? "

So I studied and studied, ..compiled and compiled,and was never quite satisfied....and after a while,laid it aside,went on to other subjects.

Then some ,..maybe months later,as I was rising from my bed one morning,
it just flowed through my spirit, " The kingdom of God is the resurrectied
Lord in us. "

It is a place where the King,Who is Jesus,comes in by the Holy Spirit to rule,....be Lord,..and not a dead Christ,In our lives....It is LIFE from the dead.(we were once dead.) Now, we must die daily.

Paul said that he died daily. When we die ( the cross) to our will,and do His will,...His leadings by His Spirit,and not let His words fall to the ground,..and let our word,...voice,..will,..be the one we hold to / choose.

We have heard forever,that "the gospel" is this or that,but "the gospel" is the whole counsel of God,in His kingdom,..as preached by Jesus,..Paul
and the others in the Bible.

And from there,He has taught me about His "Grace", that I believe
has very much been DISTORTED.
That people will believe the lie instead of the truth.

The good news,is He has made a Way for us,which is He,who is The Way,
By His precious Blood and His precious Spirit.
He shows us His Way by the leading of the Spirit,and the confirming it through the Word.

I know,this is very deep.
What can I say ?

With all loving kindness,

---------------------
elizabeth

2016/6/5 16:52Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re:

Quote:
by elibeth
It is a place where the King,Who is Jesus,comes in by the Holy Spirit to rule,....be Lord,..and not a dead Christ,In our lives....It is LIFE from the dead.(we were once dead.) Now, we must die daily.

We have heard forever,that "the gospel" is this or that,but "the gospel" is the whole counsel of God,in His kingdom,..as preached by Jesus,..Paul

Amen!! I love that... "the whole counsel of God!" yes indeed!

God bless you!!
Lisa

2016/6/5 17:13Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy