SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : I love the law - it is my best friend and personal trainer.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Okay. I was looking at the Rottweiler as the Flash. But I think the analogy is still valid. Since the flesh is energized by the law.

2016/5/28 17:21

Re:

Nobody believes here that we are under the law.
In the OT the law was written in a book (scroll). Most people obeyed the letter of the law.
In the NT the law is Christ, it is written in our heart, we obey it/him by the Holy Spirit.

The law is not abolished, it shows us what God wants us to do.

2016/5/28 17:22

Re:

I still say that the law is my friend. I in myself, am so corrupt that l am always at the point of trusting in myself rather than Christ, and the mad dog keeps me on the straight and narrow path because l choose life and fellowship with Christ.

If l slip l am back under the law and l die, spiritually that is. Only those who walk by the Spirit can stay away from the mad dog.

2016/5/28 17:31

Re:

The law is the enemy of the flesh. It kills it. As soon as the flesh is dead the spirit can lead us. Therefore the law is the friend of the spirit.

2016/5/28 17:33

Re:

Amen!

2016/5/28 17:39

Re:

Toszu respectfully sister I just do not see that view in the scriptures. Romans 7:5 says,

... For while we were in the flesh, the sinful passions, which were aroused by the law, were at work in the members of our body to bear fruit for death.

Paul tells us also in 1st Corinthians 15:56,

... The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law...

Sister far from the law on killing our flesh. It's the law that energizes sin in our flesh. But there is an encouraging word in Romans 7:6,

... But now we have been released from the law, having died to that by which we were bound, so that we serve in newness of the Spirit and not in oldest of the letter...

And we kill the flesh by the power of the Spirit. What Paul tells us in Romans 8:12-13 is,

... So then, brethren, we are under obligation, not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh--for if you are living according to the flesh, you must die; but if by the Spirit you are putting to death the deeds of the body, you will live.

Simply my thoughts sister.

2016/5/28 18:00
brothagary

Re:

Hi brothers and sisters

Just put it out there ,some of christ teaching on the law ...

"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have come not to abolish them but to fulfill them. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. Anyone who breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven."

Now we no the bible also says that what the law says ,and why it is says it ,Paul , said ,to bring the whole world under conviction ,and that every mouth may be stopped and the whole world guilty befor God , and that no one would be justified by this law , but that through the law is the knowlage of sin........
So how can we reconcile these verse with what we know about grace and the gospel of the cross ,with out ignoring these verses ,

This shows the law still has a place to stop the mouths of the self righteous and make the world guilty befor God , how can we use the law, if Jesus said it will be here till heaven and earth passes away ,that's still a little while yet ,, yet knowing we as blood bought are not under the law nor condemned by it ............

7Desiring to be teachers of the law; understanding neither what they say, nor whereof they affirm.

8But we know that the law is good, if a man use it lawfully; 9Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for murderers, 10For fornicators, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for enslavers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine; 11According to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, which was committed to my trust.

We know some have taught wrongly and lost the Balance of grace ,and some have never even known the grace of God ,and are plain legalistic teachers,,...

But Paul says the law can be used lawfully, we know he can't be justifying the old Covenent and saying some can be right in teaching the old covenent, so how can a man use it lawfully ,as Paul tells Timothy ,in the context of the new Covenent ..

Who is under the condemnation of the law ,,Paul plainly says the whole world who is not in Christ is under the law and the condemnation of it ,so if that is true ,then how can it be used lawfully as Paul puts it .

The only way would be to reveal that truth to those who are condemned by it ,which would not be lieing ,but telling the truth , about the state of the world and the rebellious sinner,,,,,
It would be misleading to not tell a sinner the truth ,that he is condemned by the law , and that he has no hope apart from Christ ,, and the new sacrificial law ,layed out in the new Covenant..

The law is good if one uses it lawfully ...

I would say David wilkinson got it right ,as proud papa posted in that article,

I would Incourage every one to reread what wilkinson says in that article,

Blessings to you all

2016/5/28 18:09Profile
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Re:

Well, staying with the analogy of the rottweiler, as long as I am in the Spirt of Christ the law cannot harm me or make demands on me. I can even play with it and embrace it, but dare I move an inch away from Christ and it immediately turns on me.

That is basically the gist of the epistle to the Galatians.

2016/5/28 18:10Profile

Re:

I met a young women working at the donut shop this morning and I asked her if she was a christian. She replied that she was catholic. I asked her why that was different to being a christian and if she could tell me how to be saved. Her answer? "Do good works and go to church".

This young woman is not born again and is not married to Christ (yet) but married to the Law. She is under condemnation and is being led to her death under this covenant of death. The Law is her prison master, not her friend, but her death bringer. There is no hope for this girl unless she turns to Christ.

2 Corinthians 3:6-8 tells us that we are ministers of the new covenant, not of the letter (law) but of the Spirit; for the letter (law) kills, but the Spirit gives life. Paul is making a distinction between the Old Covenant written on stone and the New Covenant that is presented inside us by the Spirit. The old (the law) brought death, because no one could keep its directives, whereas the new brings life through the life-giving Spirit. The letter (the law) killed because no one was able to keep it. It made us guilty, while the New Covenant sets us free from the condemnation of the law. The law was fulfilled in the only person who could have fulfilled it, Jesus Christ. Now we have Him within us and that is the end of the matter.

2016/5/28 18:11

Re:

Dear Blaine,

Thank you for the question. I really want to show this from the scriptures. It requires a little more time to study, and I would be benefited by it too. So I am preparing an answer.

God bless you,
Zsuzsanna

2016/5/28 18:23

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy