SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : The Life and Ministry of Theodore Austin-Sparks

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
Lysa

This world is not my home anymore.

The Life and Ministry of Theodore Austin-Sparks

The Life and Ministry of Theodore Austin-Sparks
by Lance Lambert

We don't know the date this message was given by Mr Lambert, but it was to a Chinese-speaking audience with an interpreter. The spoken form is retained verbatim. The message can be listened to on the Audio page.

http://www.austin-sparks.net/english/004980.html

This is very good, I learned much about this man!

Enjoy,
Lisa

2016/5/15 17:46Profile
wayneman

Michigan

Re: The Life and Ministry of Theodore Austin-Sparks

This is the most detailed bio of TAS I've seen. Thank you!

2016/5/15 21:17Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Thank you for sharing this piece. This really struck me;

Brother Nee was a great man with great faults. The greater the man, the greater the faults." Our brother Mr Sparks was a truly great man, and he truly had great faults.

Great men of God are not without fault but one thing they do is point people to the Lord Jesus Christ. Tozer called it being a signpost, the signpost is soon forgotten once the glorious Destination is reached.

In Christ,

2016/5/15 21:45Profile

Dear sister Lisa, thank you for this link it is such a blessing and has touched my heart and sent me onward to listen to some videos of this brother Lambert whom I never knew about. Take a look here:

http://www.lancelambert.org/products.php?Category_Id=2

This kind of post of yours is the main reason I stick around on SermonIndex, there are so many blessings that the Lord has yet to reveal to us through His body...such as what I know I will receive from listening to our brother Lambert.

2016/5/15 23:02
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Thank you Lisa for sharing this amazing message by Lance Lambert on the life of T. Austin Sparks.

I have listened to and read Brother Sparks messages for a number of years now, and have benefited greatly from what he has shared.

I had no idea that he was isolated and rejected, for I never heard him mention it in his messages.

Watchman Nee referred to Brother Sparks in several of his writings.

Brother Sparks ministered in Richmond Virginia in the 60'S at the Christian Family Conferences that are still going on to this day.

2016/5/16 0:11Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Audio messages by Lance Lambert are here on SI: https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/viewcat.php?cid=156

2016/5/16 5:53Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

Brother Greg,

Thank you so much for providing these messages by Lance Lambert on Sermon Index.

The teachings that brother Lance has on the Christian Testimony website on prayer, intercession, and spiritual warfare are very relevant and needed for what we are facing today.

2016/5/16 5:59Profile
Renee_is_His

Arkansas

Re:

I agree Mike, I had never heard of Lance Lambert until a thread last year on here when he went home to be with the Lord. I also started listening to Wesley Deuwel in March of this year and found out he went home to be with the Lord a week before that. I don't believe in coincidences- I took it as a personal call from the Lord to take up the work of prayer and intercession that these mighty men of God devoted their lives to.
I am so grateful to God for raising up this ministry of SI. Thank you Greg, for your obedience to the Lord. It has contributed to much of my own spiritual growth over the last fours years.

2016/5/16 8:33Profile

Re:

T.A.Sparks is one of the very few people I quote when I am writing, him and Tozer and men like A.B.Simpson. I found this article to be fascinating, thanks Lisa. I had no idea he came from Dunoon. For those who attended the Greenock revival conference, you will remember the river Clyde upon which Greenock sits. Directly across from Greenock is Dunoon.

One correction to the piece. The Irvingites were around much earlier than the 1860s. Prior to 1823 J.N.Darby was associated with that group. He distanced himself from them eventually. Thanks again Lisa............bro Frank

2016/5/16 9:58

Re: church movements/denominations

I found this article fascinating in so many ways. If anyone finds anymore hidden nuggets on austin-sparks.net please share them.

One of the things that fascinated me was the comment about church movements/denominations:

"Our brother Mr Sparks said to me, "There is such a thing as a local church, there is." But he said to me, "The way our brother [Lee] is teaching it, it will be like a denomination, with a Vatican and a Pope. This is how it will end."

"I'm afraid he has been proved right. That is precisely what has happened. He said to me, "We can take the church, which is the Body of our Lord Jesus, joined to the Head at the right hand of God, and reduce it to something earthly, make it a human organisation."

2016/5/16 13:54

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy