SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Are we unleashing a monster?-Donald Trump

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Is the USA a picture of the fallen away church or the true church of God? The visible or invisible church? What we see in the news regarding religious institutions or are you just saying, "if the shoe fits, then wear it."

It is a sweeping indictment of all Christians in the USA, don't you think?
Even Jesus did not do that as He had seven different things to say to seven different churches.

I see horrible mixture in the religious system, but I don't accuse my brothers and sisters of such behavior.

Just curious what fellowships you are looking at to make such a generalization.

2016/5/1 12:15
rookie

Savannah TN

Re: Are we unleashing a monster?-Donald Trump

I can't get past this title...

Are we unleashing a monster?-Donald Trump

Scripturally, the title is somewhat errant. It is God who selects the leaders. The people have nothing to do with it. He places men in authority over His creation.

I wonder what Daniel thought about the Bablyonians when they destroyed Jerusalem and took the remnant to meet Nebuchadezzer? Did Daniel think he was a beast? Did Daniel attribute the circumstances to God or to the people?

This idea of form over substance promoted only looks to what can be seen. It does not look to what God is working out.

Just a thought...

2016/5/1 13:41Profile

Re:

Quote:
by rookie on 2016/5/1 13:41:25
Scripturally, the title is somewhat errant. It is God who selects the leaders. The people have nothing to do with it. He places men in authority over His creation.

Ahhh, but many in the Christian Church think God selects leaders through them, thus God is selecting them. Makes for a nice syllogism.

Christ raises up authorities.
Christ and His Body are one.
His Body is raising up the authorities.

Quote:
This idea of form over substance promoted only looks to what can be seen. It does not look to what God is working out.

Just a thought...

Wow, someone else understands this. Here we all are matching up world events with scriptures and comparing the world with the Church (as a type) yet God may be doing something altogether different in His Church.

2016/5/1 14:34
AlmostHome

U.S.A.

Re:

I have to agree that I think the title is not the best choice of words. Even more important than the topic is the examination of our own heart and motive in (and how) we post it.

First, I want to make it perfectly clear that I am, as of right now, neither for nor against Donald Trump. The following post is based completely on NEUTRALITY and the observation of public reaction.

Trump would not be popular if he weren't saying things that a great number of people aren't really thinking, but dare not speak because of the wrath of special interest groups and the fear of being lambasted by those steeped in the hypocrisy of political correctness.

The young people today have been raised in it. It's been grilled into them in schools. It's evidenced by the college kids who supposedly fear for their safety at the mere sight of "Trump 2016" in chalk. It's my personal opinion that all of these protests against Trump are mostly from the young and brainwashed, the older folks who have allowed themselves to be brainwashed, and those who Trump is calling out, like illegal immigrants and Islamists who fight to change America to suit them while trying to completely ban traditional American culture and heritage. The people who protest Trump are those who DEMAND to be accepted, respected and heard, all while reserving THEIR right to rage against those THEY refuse to give the same courtesy to. It's the protestors that I see being hateful, intolerant, hypocritical, and even dangerous.

Is Trump perfect? Absolutely not. Can he be an idiot? Absolutely. But he has the right to campaign and speak his platform without him and his family and supporters being threatened, harassed and assaulted.

I'm more concerned about the anti-Trump attitudes and mentality. THAT is MUCH more dangerous, not to mention hypocritical and hateful.

2016/5/1 14:38Profile

Re:

Ron writes..........

" The title of the message is 'The USA a Picture of the Church'. Highly recommended listening."

Good point Ron. I think if anyone has an eye to see, they will look more closely at the title I chose. Those who love to argue and have threads closed down would undoubtedly not look too closely at the title, and then really ignore the content and come up with the wrong conclusion. The monster that we have unleashed is the world that has invaded the church. A church that now uses the world and its techniques, a church that has been swamped by worldliness. It is the triumph of the world over the church, form over substance that I wrote about. Donald Trump and Hitler were just my analogy. Of course, just like parables, you would have to have an eye to see it. And before anyone rushes in, please note that I used a little c in reference to church. I was not talking about the Church or the Body of Christ, for the gates of hell shall never prevail against us. I could care less who the next president is, I have called for saints not to vote for a long time now. God knows and whoever we get will undoubtedly be a judgement upon us...............bro Frank

2016/5/1 14:56
AlmostHome

U.S.A.

Re:

This is what I saw and clicked on to enter the thread: "Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Are we unleashing a monster?-Donald Trump"

I'm new here and maybe I missed something? I don't see "'The USA a Picture of the Church'. Highly recommended listening." Unless the subject line was changed?

I'm clearly missing something and would be grateful if someone would explain it to me so I don't make the same mistake in the future.

2016/5/1 15:27Profile

Re:

I'm confused. Are we critiquing the worldly, false, counterfeit church (which we can do till the cows come home). Or are we critiquing the true Church of God who refuses to come out of the Babylonian religious system? The babylonian religious will copy the world. Why does that surprise us?

Jesus has this to say to HIS people:

"Come out of her, my people, and do not be partakers of her sins and her plagues".

2016/5/1 15:39

Re:

Julias writes

"I'm confused."

Let me try and help Julias. The Body of Christ is scattered throughout Christendom ( Christendom, everything that calls itself by the name of Jesus) Hope that helps brother...........bro Frank

2016/5/1 15:43

Re:

Ok, so you are critiquing Christendom not the Body of Christ.

Thank you.

2016/5/1 15:48
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Frank wrote:

" The monster that we have unleashed is the world that has invaded the church. A church that now uses the world and its techniques, a church that has been swamped by worldliness. "

The monster created is not the work of any group of people in and of themselves. The monster created is the work of the powers and principalities that sit above this earthly realm.

But I believe the Scriptures also point to the fact that God is at work no matter how we see our circumstances at the moment. God can turn our world upside down in an instant. That which we thought was wise council comes to nothing.

Imagine what Daniel witnessed when God turned the world upside down in his generation. God used Nebuchadnezzar to accomplish what God wanted to do in Daniel's generation.

So we too find ourselves in similar times it seems. The only way to know what to do is to listen for God's instructions. Those in Daniel's generation, those who thought they knew what was right fought against the Babylonians. Only those who submitted to the Babylonian and went into captivity survived. And that was God's plan for them.

The real question to ponder, how is God working to establish a remnant in this generation?

2016/5/1 15:50Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy