SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Christian Boycotts

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Question for Jeff and Todd. Are we as Christians supposed to be gathered together in our own camp, to pray for these homosexuals? Or, are we supposed to be split and some of us over there in the homosexuals camp, telling them it's ok, we agree we should compromise on the bathroom deal that's it's no big deal? I guess because I was raised up under a fire and brimstone no compromising Baptist pastor, I don't know how to tolerate, or compromise things that don't line up with the word of God. Did God tolerate, or compromise sodom and gomorrah? I would just like to see where tolerance to homosexual activities was taught in the Bible, that would help me personally.

2016/4/29 14:30Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

jeff wrote: "So in that case, nothing else matters & don't worry about anything & just go with it?

Fallacious argumentation/point IMHO. Irrelevant. That's like saying I know now rapists are encouraged to go to the bus stop to rape people, but 90% of rapes happen at home, so just go to the busstop & don't worry about it, or something (an imperfect analogy, but the parallel type line of logic you're applying)."

You must have missed what I wrote a few posts down:

""Stranger danger" is by far less likely. However, that does NOT mean we should ignore the realities of stranger danger for heavens sake."

2016/4/29 14:40Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Hey Bill-

Tolerance is the wrong word. We shouldn't tolerate sin- absolutely not. Especially in our own hearts.

Jesus did not tolerate sin, but he did not avoid sinners.

At a church I used to attend a group of women in the church visited the dressing rooms in local strip clubs. They made little gift baskets for the girls, got to know them and led some to Christ and helped them leave the business, which unfortunately can be lucrative. These church women were not tolerating the sin, but they were not judging either. They simply went to where these sinners were on their turf, so to speak.

There are many Christian women who would not enter a strip club, even to share the love of Jesus. If that is their conviction I can understand. But I guess I admire more the ones with the courage to do so.

2016/4/29 14:47Profile
bro_willy

Re:

Bill,
In my opinion anyone who takes your position is not a Like Christ but a religious Pharisee. But that's just my opinion and I am entitled to my opinion.

2016/4/29 16:27Profile

Re: Over 1 million have already pledged!!!

From a common sense, decency and safety point of view I have signed the Target Boycott pledge today. Hopefully this will send a huge statement to the dimwits who came up with this idiotic decision.

If anyone else would like to signup and stand in solidarity, here is the link:

https://afa.net/action-alerts/sign-the-boycott-target-pledge/

2016/4/29 16:51

Re:

MrBillPro,
I don't know why you're addressing me? I hope Target goes out of business. I wouldn't take my family there or support their business with Sodom & Gomorrah policies with one cent of my hard earned money. At the same time, I love homosexuals just like Muslims, Mormons, drug addicts, prostitutes & every other type of sinner on earth. But that doesn't mean I want to subject my children to them potentially peeping in the stall where they are naked.

To others: there's not a total opposite difference in faith/love & wisdom. Again, God can do great things, but I'm not going in the strip club to preach, nor letting my kids play in front of the house of known pedophile child molesters without my visible supervision, etc.

God Bless,
Jeff

2016/4/29 17:10
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Jeff, I was just asking you and Marks opinion on a question. As for as Target goes, I haven't shopped there in a long time, most of my purchases are done on Amazon, that way I can get them at my front door. :-)

2016/4/29 17:31Profile

Re:

Oh ok,
Yeah, we actually shopped at Target WEEKLY. Where we got baby food, diapers, turkey for sandwiches, coffee, etc. But I will find somewhere else to shop for those items from now on.
God Bless,
Jeff

Even had the "Target Red Debit Card" for an extra 5% off all purchases. Will be canceling that.

2016/4/29 17:48

Re:

"Are we as Christians supposed to be gathered together in our own camp, to pray for these homosexuals? Or, are we supposed to be split and some of us over there in the homosexuals camp, telling them it's ok, we agree we should compromise on the bathroom deal that's it's no big deal?"

I don't see anyone here on this forum "in the homosexual camp" Mr Bill and neither do I see anyone compromising on the bathroom deal.

Maybe in your blind and much warranted fury against homosexuality you are not reading the posts properly?

Anyway, as someone else said there are far bigger issues we should be spending our time and efforts on. But hey, I did sign the pledge because I think it is important to let dimwitted people know that they are making dimwitted decisions:-)

2016/4/29 17:53
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Mark, was God against homosexuality? If so I'm in pretty good company, right? Maybe in gods blind much warranted fury against homosexuality He burned sodom and Gomorrah.

Mark, I received your correct number, and you're welcome anytime here to correct me, holler at me, agree with me, it don't matter. I have a very, very, thick skin, some of my best friends become friends because of my standing up against them, and sticking to my guns, when I believed I was right. :-)

2016/4/29 18:00Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy