SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Genesis 1 and 2

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 )
PosterThread
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

http://paleo.cc/ce/dino-art.htm

2016/5/10 9:25Profile
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Re:

Something to think about mountain formation and erosion as well. The continents during the flood separated very quickly, from one land mass to several continents. This resulted in ranges of mountains being pushed up. If the range was pushed up under the water, it would have suffered rapid erosion as the waters receded. This would lead to more rounded mountains that appeared older. Yet if a range was pushed up above the waters and, as in the case of the Himalayas, continued to be pushed up even until today, they would not have suffered the rapid erosion that would have "aged" them. This too can be explained easily by the events of the flood.

2016/5/10 12:34Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

"Multiple independent evidences confirm an ancient earth, including 40 different methods of radiometric dating and numerous non-radiometric measurements: Ice core samples from Antarctica and Greenland provide an unbroken record of annual ice layers spanning the past 800,000 years. Annual tree ring records provide a continuous record of the past 15,000 years. Coral reefs record long ages of growth (Eniwetok Reef 140,000 years, and the Grand Bahama Reef 790,000 years). Ancient annual lake varve sediments provide evidence of earth’s history dating back 15 to 20 million years."

I didn't know that about the tree rings and ice cores- pretty cool.

2016/5/10 15:44Profile

Re:

Twayneb,

I read the flood theories years ago and do think they account for much of what we see. I can't say I have ever heard of the new oil theory though. You still have God creating creatures that were never intended to die and in fact would have continued to grow for thousands of years being created on a planet that man was on. The symmetry of the idea is out of step with what we see in God, not to mention the planet would have never been able to support them with food.

I will bow out here again because sadly the evolution theorists have forced the churches hand in the field too much. And any idea outside the new earth 6000 metric is perceived as given credence or ground to evolution. By most believers.

What I will say is I believe in a renewed earth and have debated many intellectuals about the gospel and few if any have heard of the "gap" theory and the second they do the debate is over. They just scratch their heads and go "oh, so your not one of those idiots that thinks this planet is only 6000 years old? You can then talk to them about more important subjects like Jesus.

I was able to preach the Gospel on an audio forum in a thread that lasted for a month on the Christian faith because of that one point alone. Any religious content on a post gets you banned on that forum. The forum owner asked me privately to continue to share and told me about his own search for God. And several of the hardest unbelievers told me if I thought the earth was only 6000 years old they would have never listened to another word. My point is right or wrong we won't fully know til we are in heaven, but this side it's a subject that Christians have slammed the door shut because right or wrong the unbeleivers won't listen to a word from you if you think Dino's were wiped out in the flood or went extinct after it. They just laugh.

Ever notice that no one as far as we know asked Jesus about things like that even after they knew He was God the Son? Only two reasons I can tell. Either they already knew, or didn't care. He did tell everyone the earth was round but it took everyone awhile to catch up with that one.
Be well again.

Marc mc

2016/5/10 18:40
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Re:

During world war 2, a squadron of p-38 lightnings was forced to land on the ice of greenland during bad weather, and the airplanes were abandoned. In the 80's, a team decided to try to find the planes, thinking they would be salvageable for restoration, but there was no sign of the planes. Finally, the planes were located, nearly 250 feet below the surface. These planes were under what evolutionists and uniformitarians would call many hundreds of years of ice core layers. Yet they landed less than 50 years before salvage. The correlation of the depth of the planes with the known ice layers demands a new interpretation of ice core data. If it is interpreted using the planes as a benchmark, the depth and layers of greenland ice are less than 4000 years, which matches Biblical chronology.

The point is that we interpret data based on assumptions. But our assumptions are usually faulty to one degree or another. We are flawed human being. Yet God is not, and the Bible is to be trusted no matter what modern science seems to say. Science is our attempt to quantify our earth. The Bible is the absolute history of our earth. We don't know it all. God does.

Look up the lost squadron for more info.

2016/5/11 10:22Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy