SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Is Satan Defeated Today

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Great points & scriptures Mark

2016/4/23 16:52

Re:

Zsuzsanna, Mark, great verses.

I was also thinking of this one, myself.

2Ti 2:25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;
2Ti 2:26 And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.

Notice that people OPPOSE THEMSELVES, and through repentance and being born-again, they can recover themselves out of the snare of the devil. Their will, will no longer be manipulated by the Devil as they are indwelt and led by the Holy Spirit. Now, we bring our will into harmony with the Lord's will rather than being taken captive by Satan at his will. But, we have to maintain our deliverance and there is more land (promises of God) to possess. What is given is not automatically possessed and the Children of Israel found out.

The Church has occupied a rather passive role as if it has a defeated attitude in the face of the enemy that rules in the world. God is saying to His Church, "Rise up and rule in the midst of your enemies."

The Lord has sent the "Rod" of His strength out of Zion and tells us to "rule in the midst of our enemies".

Psa_110:2 The LORD shall send the rod of thy strength out of Zion: rule thou in the midst of thine enemies.

In the OT, it was carnal enemies but today, the Lord has pulled the veil back and shows us who our true enemy is (Eph 6), not flesh and blood.

The Christian walk today parallels the children of Israel yet in a spiritual way. The god of this world has established his strongholds and authorities in the "land". I believe the word that came to Israel through Moses is the word for the Church, today. "Behold, I have set the land before you: GO IN and POSSESS THE LAND..." (Deut 1:8).

A passive attitude and lies and deception will not conquer and possess. Consequently, (as in 2 Tim 2:25-6, above) the enemy remains in the land and God's people suffer. Parallels exactly with the children of Israel in the wilderness who walked in disobedience. God wants His people to be a victorious people; a strong people that can rule in circumstances rather than be ruled by circumstances; a people that can determine the will of God and take direction rather than being directed by a turn of events. He wants a people that will magnify the Name of the Lord, who has made Him their strong Tower, their Refuge, their Shield, their Covering and their Conqueror.

Parallels:

Jesus is our spiritual Joshua;
Joshua broke the power of the authorities (Josh. 11:23; 12:24)

Jesus broke the power of the enemy (Col 2:15)

The Church must deal with the presence of the enemy. Israel did not possess all their land (Judg 1:19,21,27,28;2:12)

John 14:12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

1Jn 3:8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

1Jn 3:10 In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.

As I previously mentioned, what has been given is not necessarily possessed as we see this principle in the OT, with the Children of Israel. Everything that has been given must be possessed by faith.

God has given a word to the Church - Matt 28:18-20
God has given armor for the Church (Eph 6)
And there is a battle for the Church (2 Cor 10:3-4)
(For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)

The challenge for the Israelites then, possess the land, WITHOUT.

The challenge for the Church today, possess the land, WITHIN.

Our Joshua has broken the authority of evil over us (Col 1:13)

And now the works of the enemy must be dealt with in the land of the mind, the will, the emotions and the body.

Faith on our part will extend God's authority into every area of our lives (mind, will, emotions, body).

Just as the enemy challenged the Israelites, the enemy will challenge the believer. His works must be met with superior force (JESUS). The Cross is the focal point of his defeat. He is a defeated foe who has left his forces scattered in the land.

To possess the land, the Israelites had to face the enemy and his works. There could be no compromise in any area just as there can be no compromise in any area of our lives. We must face our enemy and if we are willing to deal with the works of the enemy, the Land of Promise will be the land of complete victory.

God has delegated His authority to us (Mark 16:17; Luke 9:1, 10:19)

Our authority over Satan from the Word (Luke 10:19; James 4:7; 1 Pet 5:8-9; Col 2:15; 1 John 3:8; 1 John 4:4, Rev 12:11; Matt 18:18)

We are to withstand Satan by the Word:
Num 23:19 God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good? Rev 12:11; Eph 6:17

His Blood is our covering and His Spirit is our strength. (Rev 12:11 and Eph 3:16)

God wants His Church to be aggressive (not shrink back) and to confront a kingdom that is spiritual.
"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places." Eph 6:12

We are fighting "principalities", "powers", "rulers of the darkness" and "spiritual wickedness in high places".

The position of the Church today is that we sit with Christ in heavenly places (Eph 2:5-6) and we are vitally joined to the Head (1 Cor 6:17; Rom 7:4). You and I are Christ's inheritance (Eph 1:18).

The Church is to extend the scepter of His kingdom:
Psa 45:6 Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: the sceptre of thy kingdom is a right sceptre.

Psa 44:5 THROUGH THEE will we push down our enemies: through thy name will we tread them under that rise up against us.

The Church must ENTER TO DELIVER just as the Israelites were commanded to enter if they were to be delivered.

We resist the devil by faith (James 4:7), we have been given authority to "loose" bondages of the enemy, we have the authority in Christ to cast out devils (Mark 16:17).

Deliverance is done by believers who take authority and cast out.

As spiritual kingdom confronts spiritual kingdom, the church must rise up in the power and authority of her Head. The Jerichos of wickedness must fall with all its rulers. Satan has had time to establish his kingdom throughout the earth. The Church is God's agent on earth to challenge these "authorities" and pull down the strongholds of wickedness.

How does the Believer give ground to enemy?

Unrenewed mind - 2 Cor 4:4, 3:14; Eph 2:3; Col 1:21
A carnal mind - Rom 8:6
By lies and deception admitted to the mind
By passivity of the mind

The physical life of the Israelites in the wilderness parallel the spiritual walk of Believers in the Church.

In the Pentateuch there are valuable lessons to learn regarding our Christian walk, though their enemies were physical, and ours are now spiritual.

Psalm 91 is our victory anthem.

2016/4/23 17:15

Re:

Satan was defeated at Calvary and the defeat was a complete one. No longer did humanity have to be deceived by the enemy.

It is like the land, the promised land that was given to Israel. God gave them it, but they had to take what was given. God completely fulfilled His promise, His covenant. If the Israelites did not possess all of the land then their disobedience was no reflection on God.

God has given us complete freedom. He has given it to us. If we do not walk in that freedom, posses it, take hold of it, reckon on it, then this is no reflection upon God but upon us. He has given us the full armor but we have to it on.

In Rev 13 Satan makes war against the saints, and for a little while, he is allowed.

Rev 13:7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.

Note the time frame when power was " given," to Satan. He then fools all the nations of the earth in fact he almost fools the elect if it were possible, thank the Lord it is not possible............bro Frank

2016/4/23 17:48
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

quote: "It is not by any effort on our part, but in the 'reckoning' of Romans 6."

I have a minor qualm about this. Primarily because 1 Peter 5:8 tells us to be "sober" and "vigilant." To me at least, that implies effort on our part.

2016/4/23 17:53Profile

Re:

Yes, TMK, there is effort on our part. We have a role to play. Read my post, when you get a chance.

2016/4/23 17:55

Re:

Quote:
by appolus on 2016/4/23 17:48:18

In Rev 13 Satan makes war against the saints, and for a little while, he is allowed.

Rev 13:7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.

The life of Jesus Christ on earth was always in conflict with the Pharisees (religion) and the genuine life of Jesus Christ functioning in Christians throughout the centuries, is also always in conflict with religion, which "makes war with the saints to overcome them" (13:7). "Saints" are Christians, "holy ones" in whom the Holy One, Jesus Christ, lives. Religion always seeks to "overcome" Christians, to "conquer" them. And many times it does and that is why Jesus Christ is always calling for His people to "come out, come out of her my people (Babylon) and be not partakers of her plagues."

The Greek word used in this verse is nike (nikao), which is in reference to the Nicolaitans (2:6,15) and the rider of the white horse who "went out conquering and to conquer" (6:2).

nik-ah'-o
From G3529; to subdue (literally or figuratively): - conquer, overcome, prevail, get the victory.

The rider of the white horse is masquerading as a pure and righteous victor. Religionists, disguise themselves as "servants of righteousness" (II Cor. 11:15) as they are led by Satan who "disguises himself as an angel of light" (II Cor. 11:14).

2016/4/23 18:04

Re: Power

2 Timothy 3:5
Having a form of godliness, but denying its power: from such turn away.

In this verse I think the power means exactly what we are talking about that is that we have the power to live a righteous life because Christ defeated Satan. Only the religious people deny this.

2016/4/23 18:37

Re:

Not happened yet. Saints have always suffered persecution, but Satan has not had power over all Kindred and tongues and nations, the context is in the paragraph itself. The wider context is that we shall be hated by all nations as stated above in Rev 13.

And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations. And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world. If any man have an ear, let him hear.
(Rev 13:7-9)

Every single person on earth shall worship him, only the saints will not do this, hence the worldwide persecution. This of course has never happened before but will happen..........bro Frank

2016/4/23 18:39

Re:

Jesus, is still calling for His people in all the world to come out of Babylon as they have been temporarily overcome by the religious system's spiritual seduction. The Church is consorting with the religious system (Satan's kingdom) and has been been overcome (seduced) by her, otherwise Jesus would not be calling for His Church to come out. (Rev 18:4)

I can also see your point of view regarding persecution except for one thing. Persecution does not overcome us, it only kills the body.

Matt 10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

They can kill the body but not the soul. One is only "overcome" when they bow to another and not to Christ. One is only overcome when one is overcome spiritually. The scriptures do not teach that when one is persecuted and dies for Christ they are overcome. No, the scriptures teach that the one who dies a martyr IS THE OVERCOMER.

Rev 12:11 AND THEY OVERCAME HIM by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

If we think about Rev. 13:7 only in a physical sense, then I can understand why you think a saint has been overcome.

The Church is overcome when it allows itself to be seduced by Babylon. Being overcome spiritually is the definition of a Believer being overcome.

Rev 13:6 And he opened his mouth in BLASPHEMY against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.

The war that Satan makes with the saints is a spiritual war, one of deception and lies and temptation.

And the result of this spiritual war mentioned in Eph 6, is: "all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, (except) whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world." (Rev 13:8)

Rom 12:21 Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.

That is my position and I can graciously agree to disagree and move on.

2016/4/23 19:25

Re:

Julias writes..........

"I can also see your point of view regarding persecution except for one thing. Persecution does not overcome us, it only kills the body."

"And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them:"

Thats the word brother. And I agree, Satan cannot prevail against the saints spiritually but he can kill them all or at least attempt to kill them all.

The war is raged by Satan in the flesh as he tries to kill all the saints. The war is won by the saints as they overcome him by the blood of the lamb, the word of their testimony and they loved not their lives unto death. Satan thought by killing Jesus on the cross that he could destroy him. Yet that was downfall. Once again he thinks he can wipe out the Church, the Body of Christ, by killing them all, he will be wrong again for we do not battle against flesh and blood, our battle is won in the spiritual realm as the physical realm tries to do away with us........bro Frank

2016/4/23 20:18

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy