SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Is Satan Defeated Today

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Good spirit and good discussion on thread. Just a gentle reminder to please keep the pots and pans in the kitchen.

Brother Blaine :-)

Post re-edited for edification.

2016/4/23 12:24

Re:

Bro Mark writes............

"Yes, satan was defeated and disarmed at the cross, but many believers still believe that he has power over them. This is either because of a wrong understanding or because they have opened themselves up (through disobedience) to the enemies attack and in a sense, the Lord has "removed the hedge"."

Good word brother. Since I asked this question in the other thread and Blaine took it here, can I ask that we avoid using any word ending in "ism." I would like to see a plain reading of the word and our understanding of it without dragging in " isms," or the thoughts of other men long since dead. Jesus is alive in us and His Spirit dwells in us and He continues to give every generation understanding and inspiration of the revelation of God's word.

So the question would be " was the victory at Calvary a complete victory." If God tells us that " He whom the son sets free is free indeed, completed liberated from the curse of the Law," is this true? ..........bro Frank

2016/4/23 12:45

Re: Questions for Thoight.......

Saints I appreciate the spirit of the discussion and this is provoking some questions within me. I will put them out for your consideration unthawed.

Matthew 3:1-2

Now in those days John the Baptist came preaching in the wilderness of Judea, saying, "Repent for the Kingdom of Heaven is at hand,"

Luke 11:20

But if I cast out demons by the Finger of God then the kingdom of God has come upon you.

Luke17:21

The kingdom of God is not coming with signs to be observed nor will they say, "Look here it is" or "there it is." For behold the kingdom of God is in your midst.

Based on the above verses are we seeing something like a "now" and "not yet"? The kingdom of God has been inaugurated by Christ. But it will not be fully consummated until he returns. Is this what we're seeing?

But how does that play out in the context of this thread? We see Satan has been disarmed and defeated at the cross? But why do we still see his activity in the world today?

Brother Blaine

2016/4/23 12:46

Re:

brother Frank what "ism" does my post fall under? Or are you referring to another post?

But to these questions, yes Christ has liberated us from the curse of the law. And yes satan was defeated at calvary.

But no, not by a long shot do many believers walk fully in that victory.

2016/4/23 13:15

Re:

Yes, Blaine. Exactly. That is what the whole, full counsel of all of the sum of God's Word teaches & confirms to us.

2016/4/23 13:15

Re:

Tozsu,
Again, if you'll go back and read the thread, I'm not the one who brought that verse into the discussion - FYI.
God Bless,
Jeff

2016/4/23 13:17

Re: Small first and growing as we are the part of it

In my understanding the kingdom of God is here and gradually growing until its fullness when the whole world will know His glory.

Matthew 13:31-33
31Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is like to a grain of mustard seed, which a man took, and sowed in his field:
32Which indeed is the least of all seeds: but when it is grown, it is the greatest among herbs, and becometh a tree, so that the birds of the air come and lodge in the branches thereof.
33Another parable spake he unto them; The kingdom of heaven is like unto leaven, which a woman took, and hid in three measures of meal, till the whole was leavened. 

I believe that a good tree and a good leaven was meant here.
Zsuzsanna

2016/4/23 13:38

Re: brother Blaine

brother Blaine, in the spirit of generating some good discussion and applications for our walk with Christ, it seems to me that yes, satan was defeated at Calvary but we must learn to overcome him on a personal level in our christian walk.

2 Tim 2:26: "...that they may come to their senses and escape from the snare of the devil, having been held captive by him to do his will.

1 John 2:14: "I have written to you, young men, because you are strong, and the word of God abides in you, and you have overcome the evil one."

James 4:7: "Submit therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you."

1 Peter 5:8: "Be of sober spirit, be on the alert. Your adversary, the devil, prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour. But resist him, firm in your faith..."

Revelation 12:11: "And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death."

Ephesians 6:11: "Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil."

Ephesians 6:12: "For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

Ephesians 6:16: "In all circumstances take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming darts of the evil one".

2016/4/23 13:39

Re: Kingdom of God related to Satan being defeated

Often the analogy of taking posession of the promised land is used for our fight against the evil forces, in both cases victory is promised if we obey, because God already judged the canaanites the same way as satan is defeated.
Zsuzsanna

2016/4/23 13:53

Re: Romans 6:20

Blain quoted it in the initial post but he did not say whether it was quoted for or against satan being defeated today and why. He put it up for discussion.
I think it proves that Satan is defeated, because it shows that Satan's attempt to deceive will be stopped shortly after it was started if the disciples are wise and obedient.
Zsuzsanna

2016/4/23 14:14

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy