SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Just "Normal" earthquake activity?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 Next Page )
PosterThread
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Just for the record when I mentioned the the drama surrounding this, I wasn't pointing any fingers. I'm from a generation of black and white tv and no internet and some did not have phones, so no one I personally knew back then ever talked about this stuff. I do understand there is something to learn here, and also with the internet and social media, drama has become a welcomed thing among many folks.

I like what J said, we should be focused on Jesus, because whats going to happen we already know about. Really as Christians, we should be rejoicing, that we are seeing these things happen. Is the end near? Personally I feel faulty assumptions will assure faulty interpretation of end time prophecy, and with our finite minds, we can possibly create more confusion between our brothers and sisters.

2016/4/20 13:59Profile

Re:

Quote:
by makrothumia on 2016/4/20 13:47:17

Hi Julius,

I am sure you know that Luke's record of our Lord's quotation of Isaiah stopped short and left out "the day of vengeance." That has always intrigued me and only underscores Paul's words to Titus - "when the Lord's philanthropy for man appeared..."

Our Lord did not come to bring vengeance in His first coming.

Mak

I am not intrigued at all. He stopped short because He knew that the Jews who were conditioned to look for a physical Messiah coming in power to deliver them from their carnal enemies, would think that He was bringing this vengeance in a physical way. They would continue to think that about the Messiah as they rejected Him. But, Jesus knew that they knew the scriptures and knew how the verse ended.

But the spiritual, you and I know that He did indeed bring vengeance against the powers of darkness and thus was this scripture fulfilled. The spiritual component of the scriptures is what most people can't recognize as they are stuck in a physical world seeing only with physical eyes.

He most definitely brought vengeance on sin and Satan.

2016/4/20 14:09
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

2 Peter 3:10 But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, and then the heavens will pass away with a roar, and the heavenly bodies will be burned up and dissolved, and the earth and the works that are done on it will be exposed.

If this is the second coming (I think so) where is there room for second chances?

2016/4/20 14:14Profile

Re: Acts 1:9-11

Brothers I had posed this question in a previous post. I will respectfully pose it again. Time does not permit me to quote the text again. But you can look it up.

The question is did the disciples actually witness the physical bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ in this space time? Or did they witness a metaphorical, allegorical, spiritual,
symbolic, etc. event

Depending on how you answer the above question will depend on how Jesus is going to return. For the angels told the apostles. Men of Galilee why do you stand looking into the sky? This Jesus, who has been taken up from you into heaven, will come in just the same way as you have watched him go into heaven.

Question... was Luke writing about an actual event that occurred in space-time or was Luke writing about something purely symbolic?

Respectful asked.

2016/4/20 14:35

Re:

Here is the Lord's triumph after exacting vengeance on the powers of darkness.

Col 2:15 And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.

2016/4/20 14:37

Re:

Quote:
by bearmaster on 2016/4/20 14:35:04

Brothers I had posed this question in a previous post. I will respectfully pose it again. Time does not permit me to quote the text again. But you can look it up.

The question is did the disciples actually witness the physical bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ in this space time? Or did they witness a metaphorical, allegorical, spiritual,
symbolic, etc. event

Depending on how you answer the above question will depend on how Jesus is going to return. For the angels told the apostles. Men of Galilee why do you stand looking into the sky? This Jesus, who has been taken up from you into heaven, will come in just the same way as you have watched him go into heaven.

Question... was Luke writing about an actual event that occurred in space-time or was Luke writing about something purely symbolic?

Respectful asked.

The disciples did not see Him metaphorically.
Joh_20:25 The other disciples therefore said unto him, WE HAVE SEEN THE LORD. But he said unto them, Except I shall see in his hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and thrust my hand into his side, I will not believe.

And Thomas was not dreaming when he put his finger into the Lord's wounds.

John 20:27 Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing.

The above is not figurative or metaphoric speech. They were actually talking about their physical eyes seeing Jesus.

Regarding Luke, they were looking up, right? I believe they were actually watching Jesus ascend with their physical eyes.

2016/4/20 14:41

Re:

Again,
Colossians 2:15 has NOTHING to do with the second advent of the Lord (you know the thing that the Angels told the apostles in the first chapter of the book of acts he would return just as they saw him go?).

Just like how we now "see" spiritually, but in part, BUT WHEN THE PERFECT COMES (ie Jesus returns) then we will see fully and know fully even as we are fully known.

Just like how we have been saved, are being saved, and ultimately WILL BE SAVED WHEN He returns. Just like how we have a "foretaste" of the kingdom and operate within it on a certain level, but he will return to set up His everlasting and eternal kingdom once and forever at his second coming.

Just like how we have been justified, have been & are being sanctified, & one day will be glorified. These are all scriptural concepts that are congruent from Genesis to Revelation.

2016/4/20 14:49

Re: Julius

Then brother, respectfully I ask, do you believe that there is going to be an actual physical return of Jesus? Do you believe that we will see Him in the clouds coming with great power and glory?

Respectfully asked.

2016/4/20 14:51

Re:

TMK,
Not talking about "second chances" as in purgatory or some nonsense. But Romans 11 says "all Israel will be saved". Even if you're not sure if that literally means 100% of everyone would any Jewish blood, it's definitely at the very least seems to me that most of Israel will be saved when they look up on him whom they pierced. Romans 11's context is CLEARLY Paul speaking of Isreal and not "spiritual Israel" (ie the church) there. So again, we are back to either seeing the prophetic mystery of God laid out in the prophets or we must reinterpret & hyper-allegorize everything. Again, I know Muslims (there's an ex-Buddhist grandmother in our fellowship) who actually SAW JESUS in a dream & resisted for years, He came to her/them again & salvation was birthed from it. Is that fair? Does that require faith if they actually saw Him? But I didn't see Him! Does God's grace on them nullify my faith? Absolutely not, but further confirms it! Hallelujah!!!! ☺️🙏🏻☝️💪🏻

2016/4/20 14:56

Re:

Jeff,

I am talking about the Day of the Lord's vengeance when He came and died and took the keys of Hell and Death from Satan.

2016/4/20 14:58

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy