SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Just "Normal" earthquake activity?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 Next Page )
PosterThread
proudpapa

Re:

RE: ///And frankly, I trust the scriptural & theological interpretation/writings of men like Bunyan, Spurgeon, Mueller, Bonar,...////

All of these where post Moses Maimonides.

RE:/// etc. MUCH MORE than Origen, Augustin, Luther, Calvin, etc. (didn't I already say that too?). ///

We are not speaking of : "Origen, Augustin, Luther, Calvin, etc" though they would be included also

I was specifically addressing : "distinguished teachers, such as Barnabas, Papia, Justin Martyr, Irenaeus, Tertullian...etc.

Find me one christian writing before Moses Maimonides, that taught that the nation of Israel had any significants in the end times.

We over 1,000 years of no record of anyone that taught that the nation of Israel had any significants in the end times.

2016/4/21 14:22Profile

Re:

I wrote this poem this morning after watching a few minutes of Ravenhill speak on the glory of God, Neil had posted it. No comments :) There were many devotional posts this morning, no comments :(

I think it was on this thread that someone was chastising someone for not focusing on Jesus. The sad fact is that threads such as this, and I am not knocking them, will garner hundreds of comments because there is controversy. Then, men will inevitably say harsh things about each other and then we have division. Perhaps we can stop for a moment and consider the glory of God? ...............bro Frank

Subdued by His Majesty

Have you been subdued by the Majesty?
Has your head hung low in the glory?
Has your darkness been shattered by the light from up above?
Have you found yourself adrift in an ocean of love?

Oh God in heaven rend the skies and come down
May I fall to my knees with your glory all around
May the waters rise from the tears of a million saints
Let us enter into this place where no one ever faints

Brighter than the light of a thousand suns
Where time has no place and eternity's just begun
Where every part of me is one with every part of you
And the glory falls and covers me like the morning dew

I am whole and complete, here before the mercy-seat
I am refreshed and restored where my mercies are replete
Oh God in heaven take me to this place
Where I forever look unto your face

Tears of joy and wholeness rise in me
Waters from the saints that are deeper than the sea
Only in this place do I truly belong
Forever singing heaven's Holy song

Suddenly I am back from whence I came
But this I know, I shall never be the same
And the memory of His presence lingers on
My heart is full, tis food to dwell upon

This hunger and this thirst is part of me
Longing to be adrift once more, in that eternal sea
Oh take me to that place that is my home
Where I shall dwell eternally before thy throne

2016/4/21 14:24

Re:

Hey bro beautiful poem. By the way two other brothers and I posted on followthelamb's thread on prayer. Rich time. Rich anointing.

Blaine

2016/4/21 14:35

Re:

Awesome, Apollus.
Very good post, PP. Much clearer than mind and makes the point, better.

2016/4/21 14:44
proudpapa

Docs

RE: ///8 He remembers His covenant forever, the word which He commanded FOR A THOUSAND GENERATIONS,
9 The covenant which He made with Abraham, and His oath to Isaac.
10 And confirmed it to Jacob as an EVERLASTING COVENANT.
11 Saying, "To you I Wii give the land of Canaan as the allotment of your inheritance. (Psalm 105:8-11)

What does the thousand generations mean there?///

They tell me that according to the Bible that the earth/huminity is about 6,000 years old

They tell me that a Biblical generation is about 40 years

I believe that would equall 40,000 years ?

I do not believe that is what it is implying.

what do you feel it means ?

2016/4/21 14:53Profile

Re:

I don't disagree that this seems to have to go into controversy. Fact is, this thread was created from the OP about scientifically stated increased earthquake activity in the earth,,,but it always seems to have to get pushed back through a paradigm where somehow, some way, someone brings it back around to preterism, &/or Replacement Theology, etc. That wasn't my derailment by the way. I guess when that's the "lens" one interprets all scripture through, it affects (or infects) the way you see/interpret EVERYTHING in the scriptures?

2016/4/21 14:54

Re:

I already addressed that PP & quoted which ones (like Ireaneas, Justin Martyr, etc.) were Premillinealists who believed that way. I can pull the exact quotes from my church father volumes, but it will have to be later. Much later. Busy now. God Bless!

2016/4/21 15:00

Re:

Jeff,

Doesn't the fact that the literal 1,000 year belief only surfaced in the Christian church around the 1700's give you pause?

Docs, as was earlier noted in one of my posts, a thousand years is figurative speech (as defined in the OT) for totality or completeness.

2016/4/21 15:05
proudpapa

Re:

RE: ///....the "lens" one interprets all scripture through, it affects (or infects) the way you see/interpret EVERYTHING in the scriptures? ///

'Is it just Irony ?, how close the modern christian view of the millennium reflects that of the age old jewish view of the messianic era, a preconcieved view that was instrumental in blinding so many from recognizing whom Jesus was and what he was fullfilling.'

The Pharisees expected a visible temporary Kingdom, A visible, earthly monarchy, like that of David and they still do,
And these Pharisees : demanded of Jesus to answer When this Kingdom of God should come, (In there mind God was obligated to fullfill his promises in the ways that they interputed those promises rather than in the way that God intended to fullfill those promises)
and here was His Answer to those Pharisees : "The Kingdom of God cometh not with observation: Neither shall they say,Lo here! for, behold, the Kingdom of God is within you."

2016/4/21 15:17Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

I'm still waiting on the answer if is Just "Normal" earthquake activity? can anyone predict if that answer is coming soon? :-)

2016/4/21 15:25Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy