SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Youtube Bans Movie Chased

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
PosterThread
Jeremy221

Re: Context

Thanks for the link Shmily. I found this quote in the article noteworthy,

Quote:
“We put a lot of work into making sure that copyright infringement could never be a valid claim against us,” he says. Violence in the film is only implied. “We kept it where a preteen audience can watch it.” Asserting that Chased aims to incite action against a religious group — in this case, Christians — would be absurd. - See more at: http://penews.org/news/chased-off-youtube#sthash.wfraKYvv.dpuf

However, it is apparent that the director has infringed in the past in some of the videos he has created for New Life Church in Springfield, MO. This is an example of an intro video for the related sermon series that uses a very large clip of a song by the Jackson 5.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GZNV8ZRc4_Y

The video is also present on the New Life Church YouTube channel.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PBECTRe6A24

I've watched few more of these 'bumper' videos and they seem to feature copyrighted songs too. Before looking up the director, his YouTube channel or watching any of his work, the quote from the article said this man has a guilty conscience.

I suspect too that the reason we learned about CHASED being 'banned' was because he had to open a PLUS account on Vimeo which costs about $60/year. That and his film company is selling copies on DVD for $12, buy.chasedmovie.com. Also based on the numbers he invested around $1,500 out of his own pocket.

Here's the Kickstarter campaign page: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1744590142/chased-movie

A final quote,

Quote:
"God has actually provided the platform,” he says. “The YouTube ban has opened a lot of doors for us. We’ve utilized the publicity and it’s gotten it into a lot of hands — local publicity as well as national.” Prominent among national media that have covered the story is TheBlaze.

2016/3/13 5:28Profile

Re: Evaluate a message, not the messenger

Brothers and Sisters

If your intention is to watch this video and find fault with the medium or the messenger, then you are going to find fault and fail to heed the message.

I ask where is the message of this video not true? Josh Troastr has stated plainly that his intention was to bring forth the reality of the the persecuted church in the context of Anerican society. The brother started with the question, what would it be like for us in America if it were illegal to gather as Christians to worship Christ? What would it be like for us in America to be a Christian if being such was illegal?

Those that made this video said they were inspired by stories of the persecuted church. They researched the underground church to bring forth on a low budget the reality of what brothers and sisters go through in persecuted nations.

Respectfully, I challenge anyone in this forum to say that what this video is bringing forward is not true of what those who follow Christ go through in restricted nations.

I have prayed for the persecuted church for the last 5 1/2 years through the prayer ninistry that God has given me. I have read the reports of those who suffer in restricted nations. I have seen many videos and documentaries about the persecuted Church. We have had people from the front lines on our prayer call. As far as I can tell this video, "Chssed" accurately portrays what those in persecuted nations suffer. And the price they are prepared to oay as they gather together for their witness in Christ.

Now I invite you forum to prove me wrong. Please show where the message of this video is false.

Respectfully posted.

Brother Blaine

2016/3/13 11:10

Re:

Bear,
Couldn't agree with you more on this one brother. "Testing all things" does not in the Greek mean, "Put it through a microscopic meat-grinder to see if any fault or weakness at all can be found in it." I liked it. But I too have read & studied much on the persecuted church historically & globally today. I know it fits well into truth of the reality of our brethren. But if someone has to be perfect & eveything they ever say/do has to be a literal "PERFECT", then no one/nothing stands a chance. Why don't the people who think it should be more perfect make such a promotion film production the way they want to for the cause of promoting awareness of our persecuted brethren so that Hebrews 13:3 was/is more than words on a Bible page in a more widespread way? If many did, They may be dismayed when others find faults with it to. Analysis, discernment, & testing things Biblically is one thing. Criticism & Fault-Finding are quite another. Not saying I have the market cornered on understanding this, but that we should all remember this & "give the benefit of the doubt" to others on things sometimes, etc. And even though everyone cautioned against "jumping to the banned narrative", it appears this video was in fact banned. And not for copyright infringement (why would YouTube ban this video for copyright infringement in another video altogether - that doesn't make sense?). Anyways, Bear I liked it. Thought it was good. Watched it with my family. Explained/contextualized it to them. May God use it.

In Christ,
Jeff

2016/3/13 11:23

Re:

Jeff so agree brother. We must evaluate the message. We must test a message by the word of God. Is persecution a reality in the world today? Does this video accurately portray the reality of what our brothers and sisters suffer in places like Eritrea and North Korea? Is the reality of persecution taught in the word of God? Does this message square with the word of God? Does one suffer for their faith in Christ as they pursue Him? Is there a cost to gather together and worship Christ in restricted nations?

It is the message, it is the truth contained in this video, that should be evaluated and tested. If we look at the means, the mediun, the messenger, then we are missing what God is attempting to communicate to us.

So agree brother.

Brother Blaine

2016/3/13 12:34
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

Re:

FTR, my comments on this movie have only been about the impact of the movie and whether it does what it hopes to do. I have not and do not find fault in the makers of it. I want to repeat my appreciation for their heart and effort.

2016/3/13 13:17Profile

Re:

Read you Tim. Thanks bro for sharing. Really, only God will know if this movie will achieve it's intended result. And for that we pray that it will.

Brother Blaine

2016/3/13 14:15

Re:

And for those trying to say this was not "banned". It has been confirmed that it has in fact been banned/removed by YouTube for "Inappropriate Content" - FYI

2016/3/16 23:16
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Yes jeff but it was not banned because of its Christian message. Like I said earlier there are tens of thousands of explicitly Christian sermons, worship songs, etc on YouTube.

If the movie had depicted the persecution/killing of another religious group it would likely have been banned as well. At least that is how I read the community guidelines on YouTube.

2016/3/17 7:28Profile

Re:

That to me is a strange statement considering its "Christian message" (analogous Smerican reenactment of what happens to believers the world around) is the only message it has/is about. That's what the whole film was about. What do you suppose it was banned for with the citation of "inappropriate content"? Of course worship songs and such are still on YouTube. But this isn't that. But it's message is still Christian & about the persecution saints endure the world around (it clearly says it's based on true stories of the persecuted underground church). What else in the film was deemed "inappropriate content"? There was nothing else in/to the film at all

2016/3/17 9:47

Re:

It can't be banned for its antichristian message, or secular worldly message, or any other message, because it doesn't have one - that's my point

2016/3/17 9:49

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy