SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Prison Ministry and the Anointing

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re:

David

Thanks, good stuff

2016/2/20 13:12
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re: Prison Ministry and the Anointing

Quote:
The greatest challenge for the men that are being saved is when they are released back into society.

Please pray for follow up ministries that will disciple these men.

This is such a critical area of prison ministry. We have a group here in Arizona called Along Side Ministries, we have found that those inmates who are willing to be discipled in their program - which begins almost a year before they're released and continues for a year after release - have a much lower rate of recidivism. These ministries do a valuable work, pray that many more would be raised up.

In Christ,

2016/2/20 18:10Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

David,

Thank you so much for what you have
shared which gives everyone that is
following this thread insight into what
life is like in the prison system.

What you shared concerning your brother
actually planning on committing suicide is
not a rare thing. I have visited inmates in
solitary that were under suicide watch that
we're not allowed to have sheets or blankets
in their cell. This is the work of the devil,
who relentlessly attacks these men with
condemnation, depression, hopelessness,
and suicide. There are many reasons why
even born again Christians that are released
from prison soon return. We always exhort
the brothers to make a clean break from
their past, their surroundings, and their old
friends, because if they don't, they are
almost certain to be arrested again.

As we have mentioned in these posts,
the greatest need of these men is to
be discipled after their return to society.
Just going to church is not going to get
it. There is still much healing and
deliverance that is needed. They have to
learn how to battle and how to stay free,
and they need brothers and spiritual
fathers that will stand with them.

2016/2/20 20:08Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: Prison Ministry and the Anointing

Quote:
by AbideinHim

Prison Ministry and the Anointing:

I am filled with praise and thanksgiving to God for what He is doing in the prisons.

Many of the inmates that are being saved and restored to fellowship with God have the same testimony. Many are grateful to God for their incarceration, because they see God's hand of chastisement that resulted in bringing them to repentance and a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ.

I have experienced a greater anointing while ministering in the prisons than in most church services that I have been in.
This is because Jesus is still in the business of setting the captives free. The Lord is in the prisons, and many of these men that I have talked to are witnessing to others, praying and having bible studies.

Please agree with me for God to send revival to the prisons, and for the men that are being saved to be discipled, confirmed and established in their faith. The greatest challenge for the men that are being saved is when they are released back into society.

Please pray for follow up ministries that will disciple these men.

Jesus was manifested to destroy the works of the devil, and the Spirit of the Lord is upon those in prison ministry to preach the gospel, heal the broken-hearted, preach deliverance to the captives, recovery of sight to the blind, and to set at Liberty them that are bruised. (Luke 4:18).

i am in total agreement with you brother!! I minister at the local women's jail and I see the same thing.

I will pray with you, pray for the women as well.

God bless you and your ministry,
Lisa

2016/2/21 8:02Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

Hi Lysa,

Thank you so much for ministering at the local women's jail. I know sisters in the Lord that are doing this and are seeing amazing results in their ministry. I have been told that in some ways it is more difficult to minister to women inmates than it is to minister to men.

One pattern that I have observed in both women and men's prison ministry is that the Lord will often save and deliver those that are in some form of bondage,and then their lives are so changed and transformed that they will have a burden for others and be used by God to deliver others that are in the same bondage.

An example of this is a woman that was delivered from a life of prostitution and drug addiction in our city that now has a ministry to wayward women who are in similar circumstances as she was. She visits with them, brings them food, and has a small clothing store in which she is raising money to open a home for these women that are looking for a way out.

Her story was told by the local news media which I am quoting below:

Ministry Works to get prostitutes off the street:

LAKE CHARLES, LA (KPLC) -

In addition to feeding women in the sex trade industry and ministering to them, Shawn Cardin is working to get them off the street.

Through her ministry "I am Loved", funds raised at her new thrift store, will help fulfill her vision.

"For 22 years I worked in the prostitution industry, the sex trade is what I call it," explained Cardin.

Cardin walked the streets right here in Lake Charles.

"Everyone thinks you're going to see high heels and mini skirts," said Cardin.

But, reflecting on former pictures, she says that's not always the case.

Pointing at a picture she says, "This one, into that life for about five years. When you see the picture you don't see a prostitute, you see a young woman, a mother, loving her daughter."

But that was then, this is now.

"I was passing and I saw the little sign saying new thrift store so I'm like okay, my kind of place, let me go see what's happening," said customer Mary Thomas.

Cardin's ministry "I am Loved" opened the thrift store at 1832 Broad Street. It's the same street she once walked.

After she left the industry in 2008, she says God gave her a vision.

"The goal with the money we make from the store is to get a home. We want to get a home that will house four to eight women. Right now in the state of Louisiana, there's only two places that you can send somebody with prostitution," explained Cardin.

So, with each purchase from clothing, to shoes, handbags, even furniture, customers are contributing towards that vision.

"I'm all in favor of it and I'm going to pass the word on to a few other friends," said Thomas.

Also stopping in the store, Naomi Guidry added, "I think it's amazing that Shawn has a heart to show people that God loves them, because once you get that fact, in your heart, your whole life changes."

"For us to get a house up and running we would need at least $1,500 a month. That's just basics," said Cardin.

While say says they have a ways to go, seeing how far they've come is almost unbelievable.

Cardin says they're always looking for additional donations and volunteers. For more information at the store click here.

Cardin says they also accept monetary donations. And if they're closed, donations can also be left on their back porch.

And, because it's a ministry, she says they'll also be able to hold their outreach events and feedings in the same spot.

2016/2/21 12:34Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy